LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
Cool. Your tax dollars at work.
For sure I paid enough of those... Finally get to see some results :D

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Just a general FYI for people curious about leaving Canada while their application is in process. I just got back from a trip to the USA without any problems entering through YUL. Same deal as always, look at the passport - scan the visa page - entry stamp - have a nice day. No big deal. Have had the same experience through YYZ, YVR and YYC.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
Just a general FYI for people curious about leaving Canada while their application is in process. I just got back from a trip to the USA without any problems entering through YUL. Same deal as always, look at the passport - scan the visa page - entry stamp - have a nice day. No big deal. Have had the same experience through YYZ, YVR and YYC.
YYZ's CBSA sees my wife coming from the gate. Twice she ended up in Secondary... it would be just our luck that they would cause more trouble than it's worth...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
muusehisman said:
Profiler do you think i should apply for study permit or should i wait for my pr to kick in?
Well, I work in the higher-ed industry... so if the question posed is what you legitimately want to know, I would say it's good to learn..

That said, I suspect there is more back story here.... is there some urgent need to study now? are you independently wealthy and like to give money away to CIC? or?

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
profiler said:
Well, I work in the higher-ed industry... so if the question posed is what you legitimately want to know, I would say it's good to learn..

That said, I suspect there is more back story here.... is there some urgent need to study now? are you independently wealthy and like to give money away to CIC? or?
Loool profiler i wish i were rich .Been a tough road for us living on one income for about 2years .Almost went to social assistance .Thank God i have my OWP.I thought i should do some study and work but can wait till i get my pr.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
For those wondering about a question I posed a few weeks back, about IP-8 and the inland process as a whole. It appears as though IP-8 section 5 is executed (reasonably) sequentially.

Given the new detail that our MP was able to mine from CIC, we are at the last stage of admissibility (Medical (this was marked as passed like 3 weeks ago), Criminality and Security checks). Then we are sent for review at the local VO.... puts us reasonably on track to what I expected for SIR...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
muusehisman said:
Loool profiler i wish i were rich .Been a tough road for us living on one income for about 2years .Almost went to social assistance .Thank God i have my OWP.I thought i should do some study and work but can wait till i get my pr.
We're only recently dual income... I know your pain. No SA, but I know the pain regardless...

So, ok, the question that pops into mind immediately is: if you are strapped, how would you afford to pay for schooling? getting a study permit is one thing, but then you have to pay for schooling too...

If this was me, I would certainly be flirting with perhaps what to study, but I think I would wait until the PR comes. Maybe save up a little cash to help offset study costs..

EDIT: What industry do you work in? Are you a professional __?

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
profiler said:
We're only recently dual income... I know your pain. No SA, but I know the pain regardless...

So, ok, the question that pops into mind immediately is: if you are strapped, how would you afford to pay for schooling? getting a study permit is one thing, but then you have to pay for schooling too...

If this was me, I would certainly be flirting with perhaps what to study, but I think I would wait until the PR comes. Maybe save up a little cash to help offset study costs..

EDIT: What industry do you work in? Are you a professional __?
We were playing around with paying for my fee as am working now but its too much already.
I want to study to be an RN.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
muusehisman said:
We were playing around with paying for my fee as am working now but its too much already.
I want to study to be an RN.
So, I am not sure what region you are in, but there is means to be able to get some studying paid for (student loans, etc). But my suggestion here is, that you might want to squander away the money you can to help offset paying for that. RN == University == $5k tuition....

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
How do you get the MP involved with your application? I want to do that. Maybe they'll be able to magically speed up my application since I've been waiting for my PR for 11 years now lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
How do you get the MP involved with your application? I want to do that. Maybe they'll be able to magically speed up my application since I've been waiting for my PR for 11 years now lol
Have your sponsor reach out to the MP in your riding. Have a quick phone chat. They will send an information form (or you can pick it up), fill it in and return it. Give them some time to work.

That simple. No guarantees, but it might help...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler your waiting for pcc we send ours to cpc m and cpc vergville the lawyer send both its all good I think anytime they make a decision for hubby and your wife

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@profiler your waiting for pcc we send ours to cpc m and cpc vergville the lawyer send both its all good I think anytime they make a decision for hubby and your wife
They told us where to send it. I know she is in final stages of admissibility checks. So yes, theory is any day... after Nov 14 and before Dec 24 ;)...

Side note: I mentioned to my wife about my adventure today -- now the running joke is she will be checking for a deportation letter everyday...

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
They told us where to send it. I know she is in final stages of admissibility checks. So yes, theory is any day... after Nov 14 and before Dec 24 ;)...

Side note: I mentioned to my wife about my adventure today -- now the running joke is she will be checking for a deportation letter everyday...
Why after Nov 14?