+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

AMYA

Sep 18, 2014
Hi All,
my application is now being processed at Rabat and i was thinking about to send more proof
that , specially the ones we didn't sent at the beginning. Do you suggest to proceed or
to wait until we get ask for more evidences ?

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
It's good to wait to be asked for something and then send everything you want to.
I'm not sure if sending things randomly will delay your application or not, but I wouldn't risk it!

Keep collecting things in case you need an interview if they don't ask for anything.

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
door said:
hi im new here look for some information about forms
If you mention the name of the form you have questions about, it is much easier for us to provide answers.
You can just ask anything and anyone who can help you will answer.

Mention the code on the forms like IMM5490 etc

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
ayoublajoul said:
thank u so much jamali and if you dont mind add my facebook as a friend ayoub lajoul thank you again for helping me and good luck with ur husband . :) :) :)
you're welcome Ayoub ... thanks too!

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
AMYA said:
Hi All,
my application is now being processed at Rabat and i was thinking about to send more proof
that , specially the ones we didn't sent at the beginning. Do you suggest to proceed or
It's difficult to say because Rabat is one of the most difficult visa offices. The latest trend seems to suggest that if Rabat does contact you to request more proof, it is not a good sign (maybe others have a different opinion on this). But if they do contact you for an interview, it is totally normal that they ask you for the last 1 to 3 months of proof of contact/communication.

It does state on the SA letter that "should you need to submit additional information .. you may contact the visa office ... " but I don't recall anyone in this forum who did submit additional proof voluntarily ... of course if you feel comfortable doing so, I'm sure it is okay.

Good luck!

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
AMYA said:
Hi All,
Amya, i would be very careful with submitting without being asked for. As most applicants have interviews, the VO will normally ask to see more proof of an ongoing relationship, which information is to be brought to the interview.

I have submitted one item without being asked for it, but that was a note from my doctor advising of my pregnancy and my due date. Although I have been told that something like this will not have any effect on our processing nor will it speed up the process, we felt this is a big change to our situation, so I e-mailed the doctors note to Rabat. Maybe by pure luck, the next day after they received the note from my doctor they called my husband for an interview the following week. He was asked to bring with him proof of our communications/pictures, info on other visits etc. from the initial time we applied. He had all this prepared already, went to the interview, and within 25 min or so was approved for his PR.

I think we were very fortunate that the officer took the pregnancy into consideration, because our file was reviewed and approved very fast (3.5 months from the time Rabat received the file from Mississauga). So thankfully my husband has been here with me in Canada since May, living a normal family life, working and getting ready for the arrival of our baby, inchallah in 6 weeks time.

Wishing all of you great success in your journey, we all understand this process is not easy, but can be very successful.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Jamali!!! :) :) :) Hope all is well, inchallah you and your husband are in good health and doing well. I am just simply exhausted hhh too much work, battling a horrible cold, 8 months pregnant packing and cleaning as tomorrow we are moving to our new house. Time is going by so quickly, but hamdulillah for everything.

Keep in touch, miss you and goatlove and terry, it;s been so quiet on here lately.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
jomz said:
Jamali!!! :) :) :) Hope all is well, inchallah you and your husband are in good health and doing well. I am just simply exhausted hhh too much work, battling a horrible cold, 8 months pregnant packing and cleaning as tomorrow we are moving to our new house. Time is going by so quickly, but hamdulillah for everything.

Keep in touch, miss you and goatlove and terry, it;s been so quiet on here lately.
Hi Jomz!! it's been a long time, and yes things are so very quiet here.

Yes all is well, alhumdulliah. Things are great, we're getting settled in with work and school .. just pretty much enjoying our time together and not having to worry about distance anymore .. lol

Wow, you're brave to be moving while 8 months pregnant but maybe it's part of the nesting phase where you're getting ready for the baby ... congratulations on the new house!!

Yes for sure, keep in touch ... let us know when you have your baby! Miss everyone on here too, but all are busy i know .. lol

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
jomz said:

Miss you all also, wow you are very strong to be moving at 8 months. Just be careful girl, do you stress yourself out. A good drink that is ok for you and baby is hot water with lemon juice, honey and a crushed Tylenol. It will help you with the cold. I remember being pregnant and a cold and this helped lots. Just take care and I am so happy things are going so great for you. Take care and talk soon.

AMYA

Sep 18, 2014
jomz said:
Amya, i would be very careful with submitting without being asked for. As most applicants have interviews, the VO will normally ask to see more proof of an ongoing relationship, which information is to be brought to the interview.

I have submitted one item without being asked for it, but that was a note from my doctor advising of my pregnancy and my due date. Although I have been told that something like this will not have any effect on our processing nor will it speed up the process, we felt this is a big change to our situation, so I e-mailed the doctors note to Rabat. Maybe by pure luck, the next day after they received the note from my doctor they called my husband for an interview the following week. He was asked to bring with him proof of our communications/pictures, info on other visits etc. from the initial time we applied. He had all this prepared already, went to the interview, and within 25 min or so was approved for his PR.

I think we were very fortunate that the officer took the pregnancy into consideration, because our file was reviewed and approved very fast (3.5 months from the time Rabat received the file from Mississauga). So thankfully my husband has been here with me in Canada since May, living a normal family life, working and getting ready for the arrival of our baby, inchallah in 6 weeks time.

Wishing all of you great success in your journey, we all understand this process is not easy, but can be very successful.
Thanks to all of you for you replies and suggestions.
The fact is that i'm living at Fes and had a planned trip to Rabat. So, we would like take that opportunity to drop the new proof to the ambassy.
At the beginning of the process, we had never imagine that they do require that lot of proof/evidences but by reading forums and asking people
we understood that we were wrong. In our case, we didn't do like a big wedding but mostly focus on our honeymon. We also had like 46 pages viber's
chat and call that we didn't submit and many private messages from friends/family congratulating us. At this point, it really hard for me to decide what to do
submit/not the new proof or wait until we've been asked for. :( :( :(

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
AMYA said:
Thanks to all of you for you replies and suggestions.
The fact is that i'm living at Fes and had a planned trip to Rabat. So, we would like take that opportunity to drop the new proof to the ambassy.
At the beginning of the process, we had never imagine that they do require that lot of proof/evidences but by reading forums and asking people
we understood that we were wrong. In our case, we didn't do like a big wedding but mostly focus on our honeymon. We also had like 46 pages viber's
chat and call that we didn't submit and many private messages from friends/family congratulating us. At this point, it really hard for me to decide what to do
submit/not the new proof or wait until we've been asked for. :( :( :(
When your file is being assessed, they will look at the "red flags" .. the most common red flags are:

- age difference
- difference in culture/religion
- meeting on internet and discussing marriage before meeting in real
- marrying on the first visit
- wedding celebration
- compatibility (education, background, physical appearance - if wife is older)

The fewer red flags you have, the better your chances for a successful application. So while you're deciding on whether to submit additional proofs, consider your red flags. You say that you're living in Fes, know that this is already an advantage for you to prove your marriage is genuine. Also, if they proof you have already submitted shows that you're in contact everyday, prior to living together, this also is an advantage.

Good luck!!

AMYA

Sep 18, 2014
jamali said:
When your file is being assessed, they will look at the "red flags" .. the most common red flags are:

- age difference
- difference in culture/religion
- meeting on internet and discussing marriage before meeting in real
- marrying on the first visit
- wedding celebration
- compatibility (education, background, physical appearance - if wife is older)

The fewer red flags you have, the better your chances for a successful application. So while you're deciding on whether to submit additional proofs, consider your red flags. You say that you're living in Fes, know that this is already an advantage for you to prove your marriage is genuine. Also, if they proof you have already submitted shows that you're in contact everyday, prior to living together, this also is an advantage.

Good luck!!
Thanks for your prompt reply Jamali,
The only red flag i can see here is wedding celebration. We're good with all the rest. My husband and i are somehow related because my
aunt was married to his uncle and we met at my aunt's house. Although, my husband has a good job, he said that he don't wanna do big
ceremony knowing we have some really poor relatives on our both families. So he won't feel comfortable to expend a lot of money organizing
a big wedding while his nephew, uncle, aunt have less that the minimum to live. And he said that a big wedding doesn't warranty a happy marital life.
I was just like "WooW' even if i was dreaming about wedding when i was child, i understood his point and that was right. So,please pray for us, my husband
is just amazing, it's being more and more difficult for me to live far of him. Thanks for providing all this warm, you all guys are really helping people to handle
their stress. Thanks

Ichraq

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Salamu alaikum please I need heelp rabat office they send me and email and the ask about. Police certificate of Morocco (fiche anthropométrique)
- Divorce certificate of your husband from his first marriage
- Wedding pictures, family pictures, showing moments together.
- Contact proofs like skype conversation, money transfers, etc....
- Your sponsor should pay the establishment fees in Canada
Should I send them all this in email or go to rabat and and contact proof old one or the new one thbks