+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

ayoublajoul

Sep 17, 2014
jamali said:
Since your wife is from Nunavut, I am not sure where your appeal will be heard. The closest office is in Montreal, but due to high volumes it could be transferred to Toronto or Winnipeg. The appeal process can take between 1.5 to 2 years just to hear about a full hearing date. Or you may hear within 6 months if you qualify for ADR (Alternate Dispute Resolution) but that would depend on why your application was refused. If it was only for a small reason, then maybe you and your wife will be lucky to be given ADR insha'Allah.

If you have very good proofs regarding your relationship with your wife, the good news is that most appeals are successful. Good luck to you both.
they refuse because my wife old then me by 6 years she in 32 years and i m 25 years and because our wedding was to small thats the reason why they refuse and our lawyer say we might repply for another application but im not sure :(

AMYA

Sep 18, 2014
ayoublajoul said:
they refuse because my wife old then me by 6 years she in 32 years and i m 25 years and because our wedding was to small thats the reason why they refuse and our lawyer say we might repply for another application but im not sure :(
Hi Ayoublajoul,
are you and and your wife from the same country ? how many times have you seen each other ? does she support you financially or you support her ? During the interview, did you fee that you've replied well to the questions ?

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
ayoublajoul said:
A six year difference is not much really. I am older than my husband by 10 years and we did not have a wedding ceremony but we were still approved.

So there must have been other deciding factors for the VO to refuse your application.

Did you and your wife marry on her first visit to Morocco? When and where did you meet your wife? How much proofs did you send with your application, and what kind of proofs? When you were in your interview, were you able to answer about the many details of your wife's life?

If you do re-apply, only re-apply if you and your wife have a significant change in your relationship, otherwise you will be refused again because they will claim res judicata meaning that your application was already decided upon.

ayoublajoul

Sep 17, 2014
jamali said:
A six year difference is not much really. I am older than my husband by 10 years and we did not have a wedding ceremony but we were still approved.

So there must have been other deciding factors for the VO to refuse your application.

Did you and your wife marry on her first visit to Morocco? When and where did you meet your wife? How much proofs did you send with your application, and what kind of proofs? When you were in your interview, were you able to answer about the many details of your wife's life?

If you do re-apply, only re-apply if you and your wife have a significant change in your relationship, otherwise you will be refused again because they will claim res judicata meaning that your application was already decided upon.
my wife canadian and she come tree time to visit me and we get married in the thirth visit and we did a small ceromony and before interview my wife visit me again its the fourth visit with her sister and in the officer asked me must of time about my wife and her family and i answear about all question because i know very well her family and what they do in life
and proof we sent is : tickets of all her visit and the last page of her passport of how many time she come to morocco and the convirsation from 01 january 2013 until september 2014 facebook and whats app too and some mailing post card and ceromony photos and all trip with her and my familly marrakech beni mallal chafchaoune ...beach....
and the letter refusal writing ur relationship its not geuine because she older then u and the ceromony was small and moroccan man not marrry the older women just rare thats the reason why the refuse

AMYA

Sep 18, 2014
ayoublajoul said:
my wife canadian and she come tree time to visit me and we get married in the thirth visit and we did a small ceromony and before interview my wife visit me again its the fourth visit with her sister and in the officer asked me must of time about my wife and her family and i answear about all question because i know very well her family and what they do in life
and proof we sent is : tickets of all her visit and the last page of her passport of how many time she come to morocco and the convirsation from 01 january 2013 until september 2014 facebook and whats app too and some mailing post card and ceromony photos and all trip with her and my familly marrakech beni mallal chafchaoune ...beach....
and the letter refusal writing ur relationship its not geuine because she older then u and the ceromony was small and moroccan man not marrry the older women just rare thats the reason why the refuse
I feel so sorry for you, this looks really unfair. What kind of questions have you been asked during the interview regarding the ceremony or the relation between your wife and your family ?

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
I agree, it does seem so unfair especially considering your proofs are very good in showing that you and your wife have a genuine relationship.

How long have you known your wife? Did you order your GCMS notes? They would provide a good indication of what the VO thought of the interview. Was the VO a man or a woman?

ayoublajoul

Sep 17, 2014
jamali said:
I agree, it does seem so unfair especially considering your proofs are very good in showing that you and your wife have a genuine relationship.

How long have you known your wife? Did you order your GCMS notes? They would provide a good indication of what the VO thought of the interview. Was the VO a man or a woman?
i know my wife since january 2013 and we married in febuary 2014 and i didnt order GCMs and i dont know whats means VO and interview was with a women who name windy

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
ayoublajoul said:
i know my wife since january 2013 and we married in febuary 2014 and i didnt order GCMs and i dont know whats means VO and interview was with a women who name windy
VO means visa officer.

If you order your GCMS notes, it will tell you everything that happened with your file, including the VO notes. It should say why they wanted to have the interview, then they would have updated after the interview to say how the interview went and what they thought of your responses.

Did you use a lawyer in your application or is your wife named as your representative?

ayoublajoul

Sep 17, 2014
jamali said:
VO means visa officer.

If you order your GCMS notes, it will tell you everything that happened with your file, including the VO notes. It should say why they wanted to have the interview, then they would have updated after the interview to say how the interview went and what they thought of your responses.

Did you use a lawyer in your application or is your wife named as your representative?
my wife just called a lawyer . he said to her thats he want to look at the proof we sent in application and refusal letter to know whats can he do ffor helping up he said we might reply for another application and he will carre about everything but i dont know if the lawyer will help for a time or not
and thats VO just breaking me up really i cant even move or do somthing

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
ayoublajoul said:
my wife just called a lawyer . he said to her thats he want to look at the proof we sent in application and refusal letter to know whats can he do ffor helping up he said we might reply for another application and he will carre about everything but i dont know if the lawyer will help for a time or not
and thats VO just breaking me up really i cant even move or do somthing
Lawyers can't speed up any of the process. Will your wife meet with the lawyer soon? If you're going to appeal, you have 30 days to do it.

In the meantime, get your wife to order the GCMS notes. These notes are from the visa officer, including the one who interviewed you. it is possible to see what other things the VO was thinking about your interview. It takes 30 days to receive them and it costs $5. If your wife is not listed as a representative on your original application, then she will need you to sign a consent form.

I know it feels very bad right now, but it is not the end. Most people do win their appeals. You will be with your wife insha'Allah.

ayoublajoul

Sep 17, 2014
jamali said:
Lawyers can't speed up any of the process. Will your wife meet with the lawyer soon? If you're going to appeal, you have 30 days to do it.

In the meantime, get your wife to order the GCMS notes. These notes are from the visa officer, including the one who interviewed you. it is possible to see what other things the VO was thinking about your interview. It takes 30 days to receive them and it costs $5. If your wife is not listed as a representative on your original application, then she will need you to sign a consent form.

I know it feels very bad right now, but it is not the end. Most people do win their appeals. You will be with your wife insha'Allah.
we will work on new application the lawyer said thats he will rake carre about the file bcause appeal take long time to processing

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
ayoublajoul said:
we will work on new application the lawyer said thats he will rake carre about the file bcause appeal take long time to processing
Okay good luck. It may work if you have more proofs. The reasons you were denied were small reasons, but I'd still suggest ordering the GCMS notes so that you know what the visa officer thought about your file and proofs.

When they get the application, they look for "red flags" meaning things that might work against you .. such as age difference, different culture and religion, if you ever tried to come to Canada before but did not succeed. If you were to read your GCMS notes, it may tell you what your red flags are, then you can submit proof to explain all the red flags.

Good luck again.

ayoublajoul

Sep 17, 2014
jamali said:
Okay good luck. It may work if you have more proofs. The reasons you were denied were small reasons, but I'd still suggest ordering the GCMS notes so that you know what the visa officer thought about your file and proofs.

When they get the application, they look for "red flags" meaning things that might work against you .. such as age difference, different culture and religion, if you ever tried to come to Canada before but did not succeed. If you were to read your GCMS notes, it may tell you what your red flags are, then you can submit proof to explain all the red flags.

Good luck again.
thank u so much jamali and if you dont mind add my facebook as a friend ayoub lajoul thank you again for helping me and good luck with ur husband . :) :) :)