+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Ichraq

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Alamo alaikum I'm realy shocked I was in the website procesing time it's not 8 month they change it it's 9 month can I know why and I still waiting didn't hear any news :(

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alaikum salaam ichraq, I know it's frustrating but the processing times will constantly change depending on how many applications Rabat receives. To be honest I don't really know if this affects your application, it may be just the new ones coming in. I don't know if there's anyway you can find out. Hopefully someone else on here will be able to answer you.

Ichraq

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Salamu alaikum guys yesterday we sent rabat my new adress because I moved and they send us a email back that they are waiting for a selection certificat from Quebec and they will open our file but I'm not going to Quebec to Toronto can I please know what does it mean and I send them email back to ask them if the email it's for me because I'm not going to Quebec please healp me

ayoublajoul

Sep 17, 2014
hi im new here and i want ask somequiestion about my status

the last monday has a interview and today the decision made

the refused my request to get visa so whats i have to do ?

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Did they ask you during the interview what you will do if they refuse the visa?

Your spouse can move to Morocco.

If you can afford to appeal, you can do that also. There is a thread for that.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.3480.html

ayoublajoul

Sep 17, 2014
thank you so much helping me
i have one more question

my wife doing a lawyer now and we dont know how long will take for processiing ?

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Salam ayoublajoul .. I am sorry to hear that your visa was refused. You said you had your interview last Monday, was it at the end of the interview that the visa officer told you it was refused?

The appeal process takes some time, and it depends on where your wife is from. Which city or province is she from?

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Ichraq said:
Alamo alaikum I'm realy shocked I was in the website procesing time it's not 8 month they change it it's 9 month can I know why and I still waiting didn't hear any news :(
The website is based on past trend. I believe it says approximately 80% of straight-forward cases are processed faster than that time, some more complex cases take even longer than posted.

As always, CIC is not all that predictable, but if your case is taking longer than posted, you can feel more justified in contacting them to see what is happening with your file.

(Keep in mind that the 9 months starts AFTER the Sponsor is approved and the next VO office has your application. Up to 9 months = up to 10.5 months)

ayoublajoul

Sep 17, 2014
jamali said:
Salam ayoublajoul .. I am sorry to hear that your visa was refused. You said you had your interview last Monday, was it at the end of the interview that the visa officer told you it was refused?

The appeal process takes some time, and it depends on where your wife is from. Which city or province is she from?
yes interview was in monday and desicion thuesday

right now my wife calling a lawyer and he will take care about appeal just we dont know how long years or just couple of month ? and my wife from nunavut .iqaluit north of canada

amoula

Sep 1, 2014
hi every one : i need ur help plz i recieved this email but i'm confused i must just send those documents or to go to rabat ?

email :

We refer to your application aforementioned and ask that you forward as soon as possible the following items so that we can complete its processing :

-Please provide all your addresses where you lived since May 2006 up to now. Please note that you cannot live in more than one address at the same time

- A certified copy of your marriage contract in Arabic

- Other photos of your wedding, with your sponsor in family, in travel...
- Other proof of your contact with your sponsor (copy of letters, emails, detailed phone bills, history of your conversation online, through Skype, Facebook...)
- Proof of your sponsor's travels to Morocco (copy of airplane tickets, stamps on his passport...)
Sincerely

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
ayoublajoul said:
yes interview was in monday and desicion thuesday

right now my wife calling a lawyer and he will take care about appeal just we dont know how long years or just couple of month ? and my wife from nunavut .iqaluit north of canada
Since your wife is from Nunavut, I am not sure where your appeal will be heard. The closest office is in Montreal, but due to high volumes it could be transferred to Toronto or Winnipeg. The appeal process can take between 1.5 to 2 years just to hear about a full hearing date. Or you may hear within 6 months if you qualify for ADR (Alternate Dispute Resolution) but that would depend on why your application was refused. If it was only for a small reason, then maybe you and your wife will be lucky to be given ADR insha'Allah.

If you have very good proofs regarding your relationship with your wife, the good news is that most appeals are successful. Good luck to you both.

AMYA

Sep 18, 2014
Hi,
Regarding the size of the documents they are request, do they accept zip file or any other compression method.
It seems that max attachment allowed on that embassy interface is 3.5MB unless you send different mails.
Good luck, insha'Allah, all will be good.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
AMYA said:
Hi,
Regarding the size of the documents they are request, do they accept zip file or any other compression method.
It seems that max attachment allowed on that embassy interface is 3.5MB unless you send different mails.
Good luck, insha'Allah, all will be good.
I'm not sure if they will accept the certified copy of your marriage contract, via email.

In which city do you live Amoula? Is it easy for you to go to Rabat to take the documents they requested?

I know a couple of people on this forum were sent requests for more documents, hopefully one of them can respond to your question .. I'm not sure if their spouses went directly to the Embassy to take their documents.

Also, may I ask ... did you include these proofs already when you submitted your application?

Good luck :)

amoula

Sep 1, 2014
yes i can go to rabat i live in Casablanca i need just one hour to get there .

yes when i sent my application i include all the proof thez are asking for .

thanks anyway :)