+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Tracy,
It sounds like the same two that Abdel had. Maybe Abdel can tell us if they asked him for his passport.
- Penny

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello tracy and lady penny and all the members
plz dont be scared tracy
listen i think that your husband was the last one have the interview like me
me i was at the embassy at 7h00 outside and the security man ask all the people to go inside at 8h05
after all had them interview exept me i stay the last one,after when they ask me i had the first part of the interview from 11h15 to 12h05 than they ask me to come back at 14h00 ,because i had only the first part with the moroccan woman than at 14h00 i had the last part in the afternon with the canadian woman
when she finish to ask me questions ,she gave me all the documents which i bring with me and all the documents which my wife send from canada
i think its a good sign nod bad, and they dont keep my passport they give me all they dont keep any document,i think when they will ask him for the visa he will need bring his passport to the embassy
-the document about my family information
-my work history document (coz in the application my wife dont explain them what i had like job in 2003)
-the marriage certificat in arabic and notarized

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
omg i forget to tel you that this last 3 document its all they keep
-the document about my family information
-my work history document (coz in the application my wife dont explain them what i had like job in 2003)
-the marriage certificat in arabic and notarized
- one copy of my passport
dont be scared tracy i think that your husband had the same interview as me ,they dont keep all this proof documents and pictures....which you send and your husband bringto the embassy,and they have all his personal documents ,i think you forget that you had sent his birth certificat + the police certificate + the marriage certf

juste relax and think that he will be with you soon ,me i know this kind of situation ,between the date when my wife sent the application and the interview i lost about 22 pound,and i was nervous almost all the time,but i think that's not good ,im sure that all will be good inshallah
abdel

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Thanks for the reassurance Abdel! What a releif - sounds like it is standard procedure to return documents, etc. It's hard to know what is normal and what isn't when you've never been through this process before. My husband was asked for the same documents as well (notarized marriage certificate, etc).

I'm chilling out a bit more about it all - I was not worried about the interview before it happened, but when I heard some of the questions my husband was asked it worried me that they didn't believe him/us. I know he was calm and sincere - hopefully immigration could see that our marriage is for real!

Thanks for all the support - we really won't relax until final approval - hopefully that won't be too much longer. I know we're all waiting for the same thing.

A much relieved Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Abdel, on behalf of all of us a BIG SHOKRAN TO YOU! What would we do without each other? It is so good to have all of you to talk to.

- Penny (Abdel's Lady Penny - lol)
P.S. I do hope we will one day all meet.

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello dear lady penny
the big SHOKRAN its to you really ,coz you who started this good discution ,without never we could have this nice club,and talk about our experience and have very nice friends
salam
abdel

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Penny -

All the best to your son-in-law with his interview tomorrow. I hope it goes smoothly! He might run into my husband at the Embassy who will be returning with some paperwork (wouldn't that be funny).

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Thanks Tracy. Yes that would be funny. His interview is at 8:00 a.m. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight, and I know he and my daughter won't either. Let's see 8:00 a.m. is 5 a.m. our time!
- Penny

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello tracy

tomorrow i have appointement with lady penny son in law rachid in rabat we will met
plz if you can give me his phone number tonight ,like this i will call him and we all met
after rachid's interview
plz tel us which paperwork they ask him to bring exactly
have a nice day
abdel

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Abdel;

I just saw your message - I know it's late in Morocco now so I hope you check this website before you meet Rachid tomorrow (my husband's name is Rachid too!). I sent a message to your inbox on this website with my husband's mobile number. It would be great if you could all meet in Rabat. My husband is bringing a notorized copy of our marriage certificate to the embassy.

Thanks for the message and I hope you are all able to meet.

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
To Everyone,
I am so happy. My son-in-law's interview went very well. They told him he would hear from them in a couple of weeks. They asked him where my husband was from, and he remembered! He phoned my daughter this a.m. with the good news, and he told her to pass on the good news to me and my husband.
I guess right now, he will be having cafe au lait with Abdel, and perhaps your Rachid Tracy.
Just thought all of you would like to hear our happy news!
- Penny

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
That's fantastic news Penny! I'm so glad the interview went so well. A couple of weeks is not long!

I heard good news today too - my husband returned to the embassy to bring a notarized marriage certificate. He gave it directly to the Moroccan woman who interviewed him last week. She said everything was fine with his application and that they would be contacting him very soon for his visa.

What a huge relief - I was still a little worried about what happened in the interview and that maybe they would take more time because they weren't sure. I can relax finally and wait to hear when he needs to go back for his visa in the next few weeks.

Incredibly elated and happy,

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Tracy,
Thanks so much for the email, and now you have wonderful news as well. I am so happy for you.
- Penny

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello dear lady penny and tracy

very nice day i met rachid and talk to rachid hahahahahah two rachid in our club
today in the morning about 11h00 rachid called me to tel me that he come to finish the interview and that all fine than i tel him to wait me in one coffee shop after 10 mnutes i find him at the coffee shop
we talked so much about christina and my wife loretta we had one non stop discution hahahahaha he was so nice and he showed me all his picture with christina and you and your husband
i donno why when i saw your picture lady penny i feelt like if i know you since long time hahahahaha
after we walk and we stp to take lunch at one small restaurant and talk talk talk omg when two moroccan people met hahahahaha they dont stop to talk i think you have some idea about this think lady penny hahaha when you was here it was very nice to see all this pictures of the marriage ceremony and the holiday in casablanca and essaouira
finaly i go with rachid to the bus station coz he was tired and need go to casablanca ,he invite me to visite him in khouribga,but me i tel him yes but after you come back get the visa with christina
after i come back at home than i open my mail box and found the message from tracy it was late ,but i called rachid ,than i find him in the bus close to casablanca ,we talked about the marriage cerificate notarized and translated in arabic,and i explain him that its a simple think and that tracy worried so much after the interview
now im happy that ,all rachid and rachid me we had good interview and we hope that the embassy call us in the same day for the visa
tracy i think that now you need to relax and be happy hahahahaha rachid tel me that all right and they tel him that they will call him in few weeks
now im the networking man in our forum in morocco and inshallah you must give me the position of the prisent of the netwoking affairs hahahahahahahahaha and lady penny coz she the old member the position of the president of the club
have a nice day
abdel

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Thanks for the update Abdel!

You have my vote as the President of Networking Affairs for this club (and for Penny as the President)! Glad you met one Rachid and talked to the other.

Looking forward to everyone getting their permanent residency and maybe have a reunion in Canada or one day back in Morocco...

Yes - I think I've stopped worrying for the first time since this process all began. I'm grateful and very happy the process has been quicker than I expected - and for meeting everyone here in this this very helpful forum.

Best,

Tracy