+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
I know that it takes 4 to 7 months for the papers to be processed in Rabat. Is that 4 to 7 months plus the time it took for the sponsorship papers to be processed in Canada? What criteria do they use for deciding who gets their visa in 4 months and who has to wait 7 months? Does anybody know?

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
My understanding is that it's an another 4 - 7 months once the application is sent to the Canadian Embassy in Morocco (in addition to the time it took in Canada). I'm not sure what the reason for the variance in processing times at the embassy -- my sense is that is partially dependant on how many applications are being processed and perhaps partially to the individual applications (some are more complete, require less follow up or clarification, etc.). Perhaps someone else out there has a better idea...

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
essaouira said:
I am so happy to know about you tracy ( you have a very nice name) and your moroccan husband ,and that you close to my wife city ,i think that victoria is the capital of bc
11/11,she had to come back to canada the next day 12/11,you can imagine how it was hard for us..
dear tarcy its very nice and great like you said that we see more mixed couple's in this forum ,specialy canadian women and men with moroccan women and men,and share ideas
the first when i come to the forum i find only the lady penny and now im happy taht you are here dear tracy with us in the forum and also cindy ,we was two person's and now 4 that's great
finally i thank you for this information ,and i will let you know if i have some news ,you will be the first person's ,you and lady penny
abdellatif
Hi Abdellatif

Yes, I've been to Morocco three times - my last visit my husband and I were married and then I left the very next day (I already had to delay my return because of delays with getting our marriage paperwork). That day was one of the happiest and saddest for me, as I had to leave him and return to Canada alone. That was 4 months ago now. We're both waiting for life to begin together - I really hope that happens sooner than later.

I would love to stay in touch with you and your wife - I've sent you an email in your inbox.

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
It is great hearing from all of you re the topic I started. Let's keep in touch, so we can help each other with information. We can start a club! lol
- Penny

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
HI Penny, Tracy and abdellatif!! Thanks you all for your responses! It is nice to be able to speak with people who have gone through this process. I had booked 2 weeks of vacation, but I think I will gladly change it to 3 so that I may spend more then 1 night with my husband. I am looking forward to visiting Morocco in July.
I'm very happy to hear that the sponsoring process is going well for both of you!!
Wa Salam alukom

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Cindy,
It's a good thing you extended your vacation to 3 weeks. Even longer would be good. Make sure your holiday doesn't fall on any Muslim holidays. We ended up going right when they were celebrating Eid el-Kbir and all the government offices were closed for 3 days! What a nightmare! Congratulations! You're in for a very stressful time ahead, but it will be worth it in the end. You will love Morocco. I didn't want to come home! Be sure to visit the Hussain II mosque in Casablanca. It's amazing the feeling you get when the Imam calls everyone to prayer. Essaouira is lovely! The souks in Marakesh are great. Just being so close to the sea is wonderful, but I especially loved the mosque. Oh I wish I was going back!
I don't know if you mentioned it, but where do you live?
Beslama,
Penny (or Lady Penny as Essaouira calls me)

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
Hi Penny!
I'm in Toronto Ontario.
Thank you again for your advice, I've contacted the embassy in Rabat to find out what documents I can do from here, hopefully I can get most of the paperwork done prior to going to Morocco. incha alah
I'm certain I will love Morocco, I know it will be very hard to come back to Toronto, the people, the language and the land are so beautiful, I'm already in love with it and I haven't yet set foot there.

Abdellatif, would it be ok for my fiance to contact you with questions on the marriage process and your experience so far with your PR application?

I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.

Cindy

Reactions: ginabrigi

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello
really im very happy to be with you in our club lol
and hear all this nice word from you about morocco
yes cindy your fiance can contact me in any time i will be happy to answer all his questions
plz give your mail and i will send you my cell phone number
i would like know wher live your fiance exactly in morocco
me im from rabat
dear lady penny its always nice to hear your nice words about morocco ,and i like much your idea about the club
inshallah we will be friends for evere
abdellatif
nb /I am sorry to write this short message ,coz im busy and i have so much work to do,and i will write more soon.

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello tracy

i don't receive your message ,plz try again coz me and my wife will be very happy ,to be your friends ,you and your husband
abdellatif

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
Hi Abdellatif I sent you a private message with my email address in it. plz let me know if you don't get it. Maybe we can visit you while we are in Rabat doing all of our paper work :) That is if you are still in Morocco, incha alah you will be in Canada by then.

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello
this message of all the club members
i have great news for you
yesterday i receive one mail from the Canadian embassy they give me one appointment at 8h00/morning /28 may ,i called my wife and she was very happy ,me too when i see the message in my mail box ,i was very happy and i had one nice feeling ,that i m close to my wife now
i hope for all the friends her to hear good news soon and be happy
Cindy
i received your message,thank you Cindy,and i will be happy if you visit me with your man in Rabat,and i will do my best to help you ,if my process take long time and i stay in morocco
lady penny
i hope that your daughter and you son hear good news from the embassy
Tracy
thank you for you message,and i hope that you hear good news from the embassy soon
the happy abdellatif

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello again
plz i need you to pry and think of me ,that the interview be well
Abdellatif
and sorry for my bad English hehehehe

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Abdellatif;
That's great news about the interview!! Congratulations and thanks for letting us know the news on your application. It gives me hope that we too are moving through the process and soon we will hear more news from the Embassy. My husband and I will be interested in what the interview process is like - please let us know how things go for you. I found a website (provided by someone on this website) that has some example interviews questions for the family class. I don't know how accurate or reliable this information is, but it might be useful: http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/documents/immi/interview_S_F_class.pdf

I sent you an email to your canadavisa.com inbox - hopefully you have recieved it. I think I will unhide my email address for members so people can contact me directly.

Cindy;
I replied to your email awhile ago and added you to my msn. I haven't seen you online but I'd be happy to provide you with more information on the marriage process if you like (and what you may need for your application). I wish i had come across this forum much earlier in our process -- it certainly is a great resource for all those questions that naturally come up.

Penny;
Thanks for getting this thread started - it certainly has been great connecting with everyone in various different stages of this crazy process of long-distance relationships/marriages. It's not easy as i'm sure everyone can agree on, but it certainly is worth it. One of the hardest parts for me is not having any control over what happens in this immigration process - and it affects THE most important part of my life (my partner). Let's just say I never new what patience meant until now (and there are others on this website that have been waiting for much longer).

All the best to everyone, keep in touch and it's great to be able to help each other out.

Tracy

Yasmina

May 21, 2007
hi avryone,
my husband and I got married in morocco also last year and are going true the process of visa
as well
he is from Tiznit near Agadir
i stayed in the country for almost 4 months
and going back for another 6 months this summer
miss it alot there
good to see many other canadians going true the same as us
keep up hope avryone im sure inshallah we will all be with our love ones soon
all the best
Isabelle Yasmina