+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
HELLO
here the happy crazy abdellatif hahahahahaha ,great day really im so happy and my wife too...so
its was so easy interview dont worry
today in the morning i wake at 6h00 i wear my suit ,about 7h00 i was in the coffee shope for break fast
at 7h30 i was at the embassy, the security man ask me to wait ,and about 8h00 they aske all the people how's have the inteview,they gave all one ticket with one number than we go to one room waiting
about 8h05 ,they aske one woman first ,the interview take no more than 30 minutes for her,after her ask one other woman, we was 3 woman and 3 man,i was the last one how they ask ,it was about 11h00
first i speak with one moroccan woman ,when she know that my woman from vancouver she started to speak with me in english no frensh ...juste some words,and some other words in arabic
its was a simple questions about how we met ,when ,what time exactly,wher she live,what she do ,what her job exactly,some other questions about her family ,parents name ,sister's brother's names,in which language we talk ,if we are in contact all the time ,and how ( phone ,internet mail hotmail messenger with camera,text messages,poste letters )
what her family think about me and about my family if i know them,if they know my family ,how was them reaction when we get married ,other questions about our holiday together ,and if live together in same place....and wher ,why i mary one canadian woman not one moroccan woman ,because of i dont have money to have house car and good life or because other things...
she aske me also if the religion of my wife its ok for me or not ,what i will say if my wife decide to give our children one canadian name hahahahaha i told her that i like to give my son MICHAEL as name and she laugh and she aske if that my family will like or not that i answer that its my life and me and my wife the only persons how have this right not my family, than she ask me what my family think about that i maryu one christian woman, i answer that in islam we have right to mary christian woman , and me im muslim but i dont practic the religion...
she aske if my wife sent me money i answer her of course in 3 times , the first time to help me to paye the med exam,the second to paye her part of the rent of apartment wher we hade holiday in rabat, and the last to paye her part for the hotel in essaouira
also she aske me about how paye the marriage rings i answer that's me how payed ,she aske me how much people was in the ceremony, and if we will have one other marriage ceremony in canada ,i answer her of course

the important think that every one need bring with him
so much pictures of marriage wher we can see much people
so much pictures of him and his wife with the family
the same for him and his wife in holiday ( other city ,beach ,coffee shop ,restaurant....)
all the proof that she send him money
all his letter's for him,and gifts ( like cards ,nice letters with nice love words ...)
have good memory for all the good evenment of them
remeber the exact date of the marriage and the ceremony
bring the phone bills of his wife ,or do like my wife she scan all her card phone,and send them to me ,than i print them , its important
the exact date when his wife she came to morocco and the exact date whe she leave morocco
the exact date when the met for the first time ( they ask me the name of the website wher i met her) (me i met my wife in the HI5 website ) ,and they will ask why exactly this one , the good answer that this website its wher we can finds serious people how find serious relationship not cyber sex or other stupid thing)
I think juste be sincer and have good memory that's easy coz when we love some one never we will forget any thing about him its normal

the moroccan woman was serious but she laugh when i answer her that my wife like my braun skin it was so nice ,its a serious woman but good woman
the canadian also was nice and cool her too she laugh when i told her that my wife like white woman hahahaha

now i need go have some rest ,and hope that all the club hear goioid news like lady penny her daugther and his son in law.
salam

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Great news Abdel! Thanks for all the details. Did they say what happens next? How long before you get your visa?
- Lady Penny
P.S. Michael is my favorite boys name.

scoobet

May 28, 2007
Hello all. I have enjoyed reading things from this forum. I am also in the process of spnsoring my husband from Morocco. I hope to hear from immigration here that our papers are sent to Rabat. Missisauga received them on May 8/07 We believe our papers were good and had all that they required. I hope my husband comes before winter because I am near Winnipeg and yes it is sooo cold here in winter. I hope to keep in touch will you and update you on our file. I am glad your interview went well abdellatif. I am so excited for you. And I am excited for your son in law Penny. Thinking of you. Scoobet

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Welcome Scoobet,
Did you know that if you have a claim number you can check the status of your papers on the CIC website?
Where in Manitoba do you live?
- Penny

scoobet

May 28, 2007
Hi Penny. I didn't know about the claim number. Where would I get that from. I live 30 min from Winnipeg in a small community. I am new at this so if I am slow to respond I apologize, I am triing to figure out how this page works. lol

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Hi Scoobet,
You should get a letter telling you that the sponsorship had been approved, and that the papers are being sent to Maroc. I believe the claim no. should be on that letter. Did you know there is a number you can phone as well. But I don't think they like too many phone calls. Here is the number, "For information on citizenship and immigration programs and services, including the Permanent Resident Card program. 1 888 242-2100 (in Canada only)".
I grew up in Manitoba, that is why I asked where you are from. My two daughters live in Winnipeg. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
So, how did you meet your husband, and where does he live? Isn't this good, that we are meeting other people in the same boat?
- Penny

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello
first welcome scoobet in your clube lol ,im so happy to see more people in this forum we are now a small family
second lady penny your are the angel of this forum ,you help all and give very important information ,i thank you so very much

and for all i think that i forget to speake about what the immigration agent told me about what will happen later
the woman in the finish of the interview told me that they will call me or send me one email in a few weeks , she told me that in frensh and i feelt that will happen soon ,but the exact word was , in a few weeks
abdellatif

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
ohh i read another time my message my last one
i want said that me i like white woman than i said that my wife like white woman hahahahaha im sorry ......

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Wow lots of news since i've been away!

Thanks for all the detailed information on your interview, Abdellatif. It is so very exciting you are getting closer to being with your wife. I hope everything happens soon for you both, inchallah. It's clear you love her bezef and want to start life together as soon as possible. We are preparing for my husband's interview on Thursday and we will post news about it as well. Knowing that your interview went well and also getting an idea of the questions they asked is very helpful and gives us hope. Thanks for sharing your experience on this forum.

Penny - I have posted all of the dates on trackit (http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/) - it might be useful for others to post their application process dates here to. I sent my husband's application in March 1, 2007, approved for sponsorship March 23, started processing in Rabat April 16 and interview May 31. Great news about your daugther - glad to hear her husband has an interview now as well. Sounds like everyone is on track and doing well.

Cindy - I've been away so haven't been on msn. Rachid has added your husband to his msn - but hasn't seen him online. Maybe he can send him an email of when to hook up online or something... Maybe you and I can talk this weekend (we can work this out on email).

Welcome Scoobet to the club - we're all here to help each other through this process.

All for now, more later,

Tracy

TTT

May 2, 2007
Hello Penny,

Thank you for putting your information in the tracking website ... the more people we get we may be able to get a realistice outlook at how long this process really is ... Again Thank you.

scoobet

May 28, 2007
Hello to all. Thank you Penny for the information. As of today I still have not received a letter saying the application was approved. When I receive it I will look for the number for the file. I met my husband on the internet in Nov 2004. After many conversations we decided to meet. So I went to Morocco in Aug 2005. He lives in Safi. Then I went again in Nov 2006 for our wedding. My sister was able to come for the wedding. It was a wonderful trip both times. Both our familes are very pleased that we married. Now my family awaits his arrival. Will your son in law come to Winnipeg to live or another place in Canada? Well that is all for now. ,,,Scoobet

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hello Everyone;

My husband was interviewed this morning in Rabat. I wish he felt as confident and happy as Abdellatif after his interview. It was a very difficult interview. They asked many of the same questions as Abdel, but they questioned our relationship, said we were not good for each other, etc. They challenged him on many things. I guess it is their job to assume that someone is immigrating for all the wrong reasons and basically make them prove different. I think he did a good job in answering their questions from what he told me, but for the first time in this process I'm scared. I realize it likely was a standard procedure and standard series of questions considering our cirmcumstances, but I have felt confident in our application until now. We had so much documentation - I may have included too much and would have been better off to provide just the necessities. I know it's too soon to jump to conclusions - but today's experience has left us having no idea of what the outcome might be. We weren't expecting any answers today, but we were hoping to at least feel like everything is on track.

It does seem like a decision was made today because they returned all the proof of relationship documentation to my husband (I guess they don't need it any longer) including the documents he brought with him (ones they requested). Afer his morning interveiws they asked him to return in the afternoon and at this time gave him all of these papers from our application. I don't know if this is a good sign or a bad one. When he returned they also said his application was still in process and someone would be in touch when there was news. No time frame was given.

Abdel - did they return all your personal documentation back to you on the day of your interview?

Tired and discouraged,

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Dear Tracy,
Did they keep your husband's passport? Why did they say that you weren't good for each other? Was it women who gave the interview? So many questions, I know.
Keep your chin up. Just wait and see what happens.

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Penny;

Thanks for the kind message and the supportive email. I don't think they kept his passport. Do you have any information on whether they do or not? My understanding is there is a request for passport sent once a PR has been approved. They wouldn't indicate approval on the same day as the interview (once again - this is my impression but don't really know the procedure). My husband was interviewed by two woman -- one Moroccan and one Canadian.

Tracy