+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Abdel what a happy day! Yes I can imagine you two talking and talking and talking. I'm so glad you got along, and that you got to talk to Tracy's Rachid. I hope too that one day we will all meet. It's funny you should say that about it seeming like we have known each other for a long time. I told Rachid that the other day, that it seems like I have known him my whole life. Hey Abdel, not so much with the old, I am old enough to be all of you guys' mother, but you will see when you get older, you are only as old as you feel, and I feel like I'm 27. I do feel like a mother to all of you, and even though I started this forum, it's all of us together, that has kept it going. Thanks again Abdel for meeting with Rachid. I hope that Chris & Rachid will see you again when she comes to Maroc on the 27th of this month.
- President Lady Penny (ha-ha!)
P.S. Did Rachid have a picture of me with the scarf on my head at the mosque in Casa? Oh I do hope not!

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
I was just talking to my daughter, verifying what the Immigration people said. They did say it will be a few weeks, not a couple. I was just hearing what I wanted to hear I guess. Ha-ha! It's exciting, never-the-less.

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hi Penny
I wanted to give you my timeline it is so close to you daughteres.
Submitted my sponsorship application and they received it on april 2, 2007
sponsorship approved on April 16, 2007
sent to rabat visa office same day
Starting processing permanent resident of my husband in rabat on may 10, 2007
Interview date June 7, 2007
They told him at the interview that it was accpeted and to go home and wait for a call
I sure hope that means he is getting his visa. Does anyone know how long it takes after the interview to get visa this has been such a long journey.
We met online on the hi5 website in march of 2005. He actually sent me a message on hi5 and I just ignored it. But I must have added him to my msn because a year later I signed into msn and he messaged me. He thought I was someone else. LOL. But we started talking and we hit it off from there. It was amazing. I travelled to morocco in june of 06 and we were married then I actually got pregnant when I was there. I travelled back to morocco in july 06. I had our baby on feb 21 07. Travelled back to morocco in may 07 now waiting for him to get here. I am so excited it will be soon.

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Welcome Kelly!
We don't have anyone in our "Club" who has received their visa already, and I don't think anyone knows someone who did get their visa. I think one of us would have said something if they did.
You will love the people on our site. We have become a "family". We have Abdel who being in Maroc, has helped us from that side. He is lovely! (I hope you don't mind me saying that Abdel! ha-ha!) He met my son-in-law after his Immigration interview and I was happy about that. He talked to Tracy's husband the same day. It is so good to have each other to express our thoughts and feelings about this whole process. It helps having others going through the same thing.
Well, it must have been fate that brought you and your husband together! Isn't it unbelievable how life turns out? Yes, you must be so excited about your husband coming here, especially with your baby. It must be especially hard for you, but more for him because he can't see his baby every day.
Write and tell us all about yourself, where you live, etc.
Beslama,
Penny

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello for all
i hope that all feel better now and relax waiting good news in few weeks
dear lady penny ,rachid had this picture and i found you very nice really,what i liked much that you and your husband ,chris and all rachid's family ,was happy and smiling in all the pictures ,that's warmed my heart in this day when i met rachid
and of course i will be proud if you accept be my mother its a honor of me ,you are so nice and good and very lovely woman
hello kelly
really your story make tears come on my eyes ,coz i love baby's ,me and my wife we was not sure about how long will take the process for that we decided have baby when i come to canada ,but me i dont understand that in fisrt,but she explain me that she wanna the baby see me when he born ,than i accept ,but im so happy for you and your husband soon he can see your baby every day
kelly we are here one small family like lady penny said,but from time to time we have new member ,you are welcome between us .
NB/ ABOUT THE VISA LIKE LADY PENNY SAID ,THEY SAY THAT THEY WILL CALL IN A FEW WEEKS NOT A COUPL WEEKS ,BUT DEPEND THEY CAN CALL IN ONE WEEK ,TWO....or TWO MONTHS.

beslama
abdel

extrasamir

Jun 8, 2007
[i want to get married inshalah his summer to a canadian girl but she is already divorced and she has her divorce certificate.

what i want to ask you about please brother is :

she has her "clearance certificate " but is it really Important for her to get it from the rcmp in canada or just bring her clearance certificate that she had ?
in other words did your wife brign one from the RCMP or just a simple clearance certificate ? thank you so much brother and plz email me to sabirsamir@hotmail.com
THank you sooo much lah irhem biha lwalidin

extrasamir

Jun 8, 2007
HI everybody please i need ur help here because the girl i wanna marry is coming soon from canada and she has a " clearance certificate" but we heard that maybe it has to be from RCMP or something so here i would like someone of you who already knows about this to Please leave me a message weather here or contact me by sabirsamir@hotmail.com ! i beg your kindness to help me .Please !

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Extrasamir;

I'm not sure what you are referring to as a "clearance certificate" - is that for criminal records (security) or clearance for marriage (Capacity for Marriage). There is information on the Canadian Embassy's website (http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/morocco/marriage-en.asp) that states requirements for marriage, and you may want to check with an Adul. Here is some information what your fiance will need:
- valid passport
- birth certificate
- criminal record check (from the police in her city or if she lives outside a city from the rcmp)
- proof that she is a christian, muslim or jew (there are ways around this)
- 4 recent photographs
- Capacity for Marriage (this shows that she isn't currently married and is able to marry)
- certificate of police clearance from the ministry of Justice in Rabat (proof that she has no criminal record in Morocco) - this will need to be done in Morocco

Abdul posted more info earlier on this thread about the marriage process as well - you might want to go back to the beginning and read more.

Good luck and let us know if you have more questions!

Tracy

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hello Kelly;

Welcome to our club and congratulations on your baby! How exciting for both of you -- I'm sure it was quite a special day for all of you when your husband could meet his new baby. Where do you live in Canada? So far we have Canadians from Victoria, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Toronto and Montreal. Where does your husband live in Morocco?

There are three couples waiting for visas from the Embassy right now - all within a week of each other. It looks like you are the fourth. We're all letting each other know what is happening so it might help each other to understand what will happen next.

I'm so excited too - for myself and everyone else. I thought he process might take until October - so to think it will be only a few weeks is such good news.

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Tracy,
Who's from Montreal? I am from Scotland, Ontario which is a small, small village in Southern Ontario.

Abdel - Thank you for the very kind words.

- Lady Penny

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
HI Penny;

I thought you were in Winnipeg... maybe that is where your daughter lives...?

I think I assumed Isabelle is from Montreal - so that may not be the case. Our club has grown so much I might have to make a list now to keep track of everyone!

Tracy

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hi Everyone,
I was reading all the posts here and they are so nice. It really is like this one big happy family. And I cant belive how much everyones information is close to the same. We are all running out of patience then we find more. Its been so hard for everyone. Soon it will be all completed for us all. And we can move on with our lives and be happy. I wish I could post some pictures here so I could show you my family. Our new son Avery Nasim Chafik. We gave him a canadian and a moroccan name. He was born February 21, 2007. He is so beautiful he looks just like his dad. I also have three other children from a previous relationship. My oldest son is Derek he will be 18 in july. My little girl is 10 and my other son Zackery is 6. So 4 total. My kids are so great. My husband Noureddine is still in Morocco and when me and the baby went to see him and his family in May I left part of my heart there. It was so hard to leave this time. But I had to get back home to the kids they really missed me. If they were out of school then I would have taken them with me. I wanted to let everyone know where I lived because it was one of the questions that penny and Tracy asked me. I am from Cape Breton Nova Scotia. In a town called Reserve Mines. I am a manager at a local call center right now I am off on Maternity leave for a full year. I am 36 years old. My husband is from Casablanca Morocco I think the town is called Oulfa. I would love for some of the husbands that are still in morocco to be able to get together with him and chat and have a coffee at one of the many cafes. I would love to hear everyones stories. My email address is kellygottwald@msn.com anyone can add me. My husbands interview was june7 and they told him his application was accepted. I hope he is able to come home soon me and the kids miss him so much. Thanks so much for all your kind words.

Kelly

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello samir

yes you wife will need bring with her

-her criminal record (or lack thereof) issued by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
-her divorce certificate authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa

this two documents its very important , the criminal record ( called also : the police clearance police certificate here in morocco) and like tracy said from the police in her city or if she lives outside a city from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police , coz my wife ,bring it from the police in her city ,its not important to bring one certificate with point fingers,only the simple criminal record ,and your wife explain the police that she will use it outside canada its all ,and they will give her the certificate in 24 hour.
if you need more information plz just ask .

salam samir
abdel or ABDUL like tracy say hahahahaha

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
OMG

Sorry Abdel - I can't believe I called you Abdul. I think it because I send Adul early in my email...

:$

Tracy

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Wow Kelly - I know how hard it's been to wait, but to have had the baby and go back to Morocco and come back and wait... I can't imagine. However it shouldn't be long now when you'll all be reunited.

This club is now officially coast to coast as I'm from furthest west and you from the furthest east. I was in Cape Breton last October for the first time (Baddeck) for business and had a great time. It is so beautiful there. I was still there when we recieved incredibly dissappointing news from the Embassy - Rachid had applied for a tourist visa to come to Canada and they turned it down. Perhaps it was naive of me to expect - but we were hoping to spend some time together in Canada before I returned to Morocco.

I also couldn't help thinking that when I was in Cape Breton that I was actually half way to Morocco from Victoria. It was a little surreal to realize that...

Here's hoping for news soon!

Tracy