+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hi Mornie
My husband actually had his interview in rabat on June 7 also. We were talking last night and he said he forgot to get the names and emails of the people that were there with him waiting to be interviewed. What is your husbands name? Ask him if he remembers my husband his name is noureddine. It would be great if they could chat.

Mornie

Jun 10, 2007
Hello Kelly,

I am actually talking to my husband right now and he remembers your husband. They actually exchanged phone numbers. My husband (Rachid) will give Noureddine a call. Actually I can here them talking right now. Hope to talk to you soon. And congrats on the new baby!!

Mornie

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hello
Yes its is hard to believe that in cape breton I am only 4 and a half hour plane ride to morocco. But no international flights take off from our airport so I still have to take the long way. To halifax and then to montreal and then to morocco. I live by the ocean and I always look out at the water and just think that my husband is right across that water. I hope we hear some news soon I miss him so much. And he misses our son so much. I cant wait untill we dont have to deal with this immigration stuff again. What kind of business are you in you said you were in Baddeck thats only a little over an hour from my home. Its very beautiful there.

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
WOW, thats so great. I cannot believe that we actually found someone on here that was there with him when he had his interview. Thats amazing. When does your husband think he will hear anything from the visa office. Did they tell him anything at the end of the interview. By the way can you speak Arabic.

Mornie

Jun 10, 2007
At the end of the interview they told him not to worry that his application was accepted and that they will call him soon. I believe he will receive a call within the next week and a half. I only speak a few words in arabic but I hope to be fluent within the next few years. Rachid just finished talking with Noureddine and they have decided to keep in touch with each other. I will talk with you soon.

Mornie

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hello Everyone
I am just wondering if anyone heard anything from the rabat visa office lately. At my husbands interview they told him to pay his permanent residents fee so we did that today and he will take the receipt to them in the morning. Hopefully they will tell him something. I know there was a few people that had their interviews last week. Hopefully we will all hear something soon.

Take Care
Kelly

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello kelly

plz tel us how much they ask your husband to pay
and if he have some news yesterday ,plz we need to know more about that
have a good day
abdel

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hi Abdel
He had to pay the fee of $490.00 for the right of permanent resident fee. He had something to do today for his family so he will be going tomorrow Wednesday now to submit the receipt so hopefully I will have an update before I get up tomorrow. He will be going early in the morning. Did anyone else pay their final fee for the right of permanent resident yet?

Kelly

Mornie

Jun 10, 2007
Hello Abdellatif,

I read where you had your interview in Rabat on May 28th.
Have you received a call yet with the date you have to leave Morocco??
I appreciate any information you can give me.
Thanks for your help.

Mornie

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello kelly ,lady penny ,tracy ,mornie and all the friends in the club

me too my wife paid all the fees when she sent in the papers in February,i think that was another fees,but she told me on the phone that all the fes was paid

mornie
no i dont receive any call from the embassy or any mail or letter since may 28th
i know one think like rachid the husband of lady penny daughter and rachid the husband of tracy,that the embassy will call in a few weeks,this few week can be one or 8 weeks
normaly after they call and we have the visa we need to leave morocoo ,before the medical exam date expiry
me i had my med exam in decemeber 2006 ,so when i have the visa inshallah i need to leave before december 2007.

abdel

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello kelly

you have chance taht you dont pay the fee,first when you send the application coz just in may the immigration ministry change the fee from 975 to 490 dollar

read this

The 2006 Federal Budget includes a 50 percent reduction in the $975 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. The new Right of Permanent Residence Fee is $490 for immigrants who become permanent residents under all social, humanitarian and economic classes. The change is effective as of 12:00 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2006.

have a good day
abdel

kellychafik

Jun 8, 2007
Hi Everyone,
I was going to pay all the fees at once but it was so expensive $1040.00 and I read online that the $490.00 permeant residents fee did not have to be paid untill your visa was excepted so thats what I did was waited I was just getting ready to have our baby to so I needed some extra money while I was waiting for my maternity leave benefits to start. But its all done now. So my husband will be in Rabat in the morning to take in his receipt and hopefully be able to talk to the visa officer again. I also had a question for all of you that already paid all the fees. On the right of permanent resident fee the one that is $490.00 whos information did you fill out on the receipt. I paid it online like the other ones but for the other ones I put my information. Do I put my husbands permanent residents file number and his name on it. Or just my information again. I told him to just take the receipt to the visa officer and ask her what information is to go on it.

Take Care
Kelly

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Kelly -

It's best to ask the staff at the Embassy what they want on it - they seemed pretty helpful re these details. I think it can have your info or your husband's - when my husband was at the Embassy they had my name on record (I paid it online at the beginning with all fees).

As Abdel said - no news from our end. We don't expect to hear anything until at least a month after the interview. Not really sure but know it will be sooner rather than later.

Welcome to the forum Mornie - not sure what to tell you about Winnipeg - I've lived in both Calgary and Winnipeg before. Winnipeg is definitely colder than Calgary - but the people are great. Both cities are too far from the ocean for my liking!

Tracy