+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

priyams

Feb 16, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/visa.html
Applications submitted prior to the travel restrictions will not be prioritized unless the applicant contacts IRCC at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to indicate how they meet the exemption criteria, why they are travelling for a non-discretionary/non-optional purpose, and provide acceptable documentation.

While the priority is to continue processing applications where the client meets a travel restriction exemption and has established that they are travelling for a non-discretionary purpose, non-priority TRV applications can continue to be processed, and approved or refused, pursuant to regular TRV processing.
Hi I am currently in canada on study visa. My husband has applied sowp in april,21. Should we mail on given mail id to prioritize his application? He had asked consultant but she is saying we should wait for 1 month because this letter has some expiry date. I am not sure what she is suggesting hence need guidance on it.

harshad13

May 9, 2016
Hello guys,
Hope everyone is safe and healthy..

My wife sowp application was made in April 2020,
We received travel authorization on 21 April 2021, but have not received medical request, neither have we received passport request..

Just want to know if any of you guys were in similar situation...

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Can anybody help me understand this tweet. Does this means basically all the SOWP applications will start processing like normal?

r_rani87736

Mar 2, 2019
Hi

My question is about marriage fraud. My husband came here on spousal work permit but he did not stay with me. He is still in Canada. He sent me divorce papers.

I have reported it to CIC and CBSA through an immigration lawyer. But he has not been deported.

What can be done?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

My question is about marriage fraud. My husband came here on spousal work permit but he did not stay with me. He is still in Canada. He sent me divorce papers.

I have reported it to CIC and CBSA through an immigration lawyer. But he has not been deported.

What can be done?
Nothing. If his SOWP is still valid then he can’t be deported. Once it is, then he needs to apply for his own work permit or PR.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi

What can be done?
It’s called due process .

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/due-process.asp

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/discover-canada/read-online/justice-system.html

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi I have a doubt on SOWP.. My husband is a software engineer.That is , Noc A.. In the questionnaire for SOWP, a question is there.

Do you plan to work in any of the following categories?

Athletes
Coaches
Highly Skilled Workers and Researchers(Global Skill Strategy)

My question is Can I give yes for this question as he is a highly skilled worker of Noc A. But, when I clicked the global skill strategy it is mentioned that It is short term work permit of 15 days. I am quite confused..some one please help

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hi I have a doubt on SOWP.. My husband is a software engineer.That is , Noc A.. In the questionnaire for SOWP, a question is there.

Do you plan to work in any of the following categories?

Athletes
Coaches
Highly Skilled Workers and Researchers(Global Skill Strategy)

My question is Can I give yes for this question as he is a highly skilled worker of Noc A. But, when I clicked the global skill strategy it is mentioned that It is short term work permit of 15 days. I am quite confused..some one please help
But the question is about u right? Not about ur husband

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi all. I am planning to apply for my study permit from outside Canada, and then my wife's SOWP after. Regarding the question "Do you plan to work in one of the following categories?" in the SOWP questionnaire, my wife is not planning to work in any of those listed areas, nor is she one of the "Highly-skilled workers and researchers". Would this decrease her chance of getting an SOWP?

Last edited:

ankithkshetty

Nov 18, 2018
Hi,

I am currently in Canada on a work permit. I want to get married to my girlfriend who is in India right now. I am worried that if I go to India to get married, I may get stuck in India. I have a 100% remote job in Canada. My worry is if I get stuck in India, will it affect my PR application through Canadian Experience Class (CEC) as someone mentioned that there is a minimum requirement for you to stay physically in Canada to be applicable for CEC Express Entry. Is this true?

Pk994

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
Need help!
So, my husband and i have a PR application pending from Nov 1, 2019. He is working in Canada and I'm in India. His pgwp has just expired and he's applying for a BOWP. Our immigration lawyer did not tell us anything about the SOWP option so we hadn't looked into this before.
We saw that there is an option of applying for SOWP along with his BOWP application. How long does that take to process? Would it drag out his BOWP application? Is it better to apply for my SOWP seperately?

jyotimishra

Feb 16, 2020
Hi,

If i apply for spouse visa and its taking time like more than 6 months then can i apply education visa in between spouse visa ?

And my doubt is will they approve education visa or it will get rejected ?

optimisticky

May 20, 2020
Hi everyone, hope you are well.

I have recently gotten a study permit and now wish to apply for a SOWP for my spouse. My question is this: is there a need to attach a reference letter for each and every employment position one has ever held? What is someone has had 40+ jobs? Would that mean 40+ reference letters? If someone could kindly give more information regarding this matter, I'd be grateful.