Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
Med's Done....
12-01-2021
Hello Everyone, I need a help for my Husband's SOWP applied in November 2020. Its been 5 months now we applied for his Open Work permit and waiting for a decision. As per what we can see in his online account there are no updates since we submitted the application. He applied it from India so we are not sure whom to Contact to know about the status. Could anyone please help me with below questions?

1) Whom to contact for Application applied from India?
2) Should I submit a request for GCMS notes?
3) Did anyone got their SOWP recently, if yes what was the timelines?
4) Submitting Travel exemption request will help to speed up the Open work permit processing?

rvsingh86

Dec 10, 2019
Ludhiana
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/visa.html
Applications submitted prior to the travel restrictions will not be prioritized unless the applicant contacts IRCC at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to indicate how they meet the exemption criteria, why they are travelling for a non-discretionary/non-optional purpose, and provide acceptable documentation.

While the priority is to continue processing applications where the client meets a travel restriction exemption and has established that they are travelling for a non-discretionary purpose, non-priority TRV applications can continue to be processed, and approved or refused, pursuant to regular TRV processing.

Sukhpreet5

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Hello Everyone, I need a help for my Husband's SOWP applied in November 2020. Its been 5 months now we applied for his Open Work permit and waiting for a decision. As per what we can see in his online account there are no updates since we submitted the application. He applied it from India so we are not sure whom to Contact to know about the status. Could anyone please help me with below questions?

1) Whom to contact for Application applied from India?
2) Should I submit a request for GCMS notes?
3) Did anyone got their SOWP recently, if yes what was the timelines?
4) Submitting Travel exemption request will help to speed up the Open work permit processing?
Also applied in nov
got medical passes and review started on March 10

Shweta51190

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
Med's Done....
12-01-2021
Also applied in nov
got medical passes and review started on March 10
So for you it is still in progress right? My husband haven't received Medical request yet ,nothing is happening on his application:-(

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Can anybody provide the checklist for SOWP. Only things to provide in Client information section. Already got refused for Visitor Visa. Want to make this one as complete as possible.

raij

Apr 7, 2021
hi everyone, here is my case: last year in may i applied my sowp from india that time my wife was on pgwp. But I didn't get any update on my application till now. Meanwhile my wife applied her pr without accompany me. Now she got her pr and my sowp still under process. What should we do now. What will happen to my application coz it was applied before my wife's pr application. we r so confused now. Please give me any suggestion. thank u so much

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi everyone, here is my case: last year in may i applied my sowp from india that time my wife was on pgwp. But I didn't get any update on my application till now. Meanwhile my wife applied her pr without including me. Now she got her pr and my sowp still under process. What should we do now. What will happen to my application coz it was applied before my wife's pr application. we r so confused now. Please give me any suggestion. thank u so much
What do you mean, she got PR and didn’t include you on the application? Did she state she was married or single? If on her application you would need to do medicals.

raij

Apr 7, 2021
What do you mean, she got PR and didn’t include you on the application? Did she state she was married or single? If on her application you would need to do medicals.
yes she included my name and medical and pcc also but she didnt accompany me in the application.
my question is that as now her status changed to pr and i m not eligible for sowp anymore. what would happen to my application which is still under process from last year?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my question is that as now her status changed to pr and i m not eligible for sowp anymore. what would happen to my application which is still under process from last year?
She has to sponsor you through spousal sponsorship. Have you started the process? Takes about a year. I don’t believe your SOWP will be processed plus you need written authorization to travel with an OWP.

raij

Apr 7, 2021
She has to sponsor you through spousal sponsorship. Have you started the process? Takes about a year. I don’t believe your SOWP will be processed plus you need written authorization to travel with an OWP.
So should I withdraw my application??? or should i need to inform them abt her status or they gonna find out automatically. or If i will not withdaw it, will they refuse it or what??What should be the best option???i m so confused now

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Upfront is good I guess

what proof you gave for upfront medical?

When i contacted the hospital for upfront SOWP, they told that they need either the offer letter or IME number. IME number can be recieved only after applying right?

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have applied for SOWP on 24 Sep 2020 with upfront medical and biometric. My medical is passed on 18 Feb 2021 and updated today in GC key. What is the next process. My question is When the pass the medical? After reviewing our file or medical is the first stage.
what proof you gave for upfront medical?

When i contacted the hospital for upfront SOWP, they told that they need either the offer letter or IME number. IME number can be recieved only after applying right?

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
Hi everyone,

Currently I am on work permit in Canada. I have applied SOWP for my wife in India. My wife in not working currently and In application form by mistake I have mentioned her dentistry experience from 2019 to 2020 in current occupation and in family information form I mention home maker as current occupation.

Option I have:
1) Do I need to correct this information? If yes, then how I can do that?

2) There is no need to make any change thats fine.

With which option should proceed?

Kind regards,

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hi friends,

I was applying for an LMIA exempt closed work permit. My question; can I apply for sowp together with my application if my wife is not in Canada? She is currently in Pakistan and I am confused if I can apply for an OWP for her with my application here? Or would I need to get my work permit first then apply for her from Pakistan? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!