+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Nirisha88

Jun 9, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My husband is in Canada and I am applying for SOWP from India. I had two question if you could advise on:

1) Would you recommend upfront medical or shall I wait for their medical request?
2) And do I need to submit my file through my husband CIC account or I need my own CIC account?

Thanks in anticipation.

rohanp141

Nov 11, 2020
Hello, I applied for Open work permit for my spouse via online link. However, I noticed now, that only the last document is uploaded, when I had applied for multiple docs. Looks like its a bug.

I want to upload more docs, as the ones I uploaded are not enough to justify that I have work authorization. When I raised the web form, I got an email "If IRCC has not requested any document, allow 5 business days from the day you receive this email before uploading your documents to your online application. You can log in using your secure IRCC account. Please note that your documents will not be uploaded by the mission."

My question: when I login, I do not see any option to upload documents even after 5 days. Have any one gone through the same issues before? Is there Any way I can contact the IRCC other than Webdorm. Please help me with the options to upload these documents?

Regards,
Rohan

Last edited:

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My husband is in Canada and I am applying for SOWP from India. I had two question if you could advise on:

1) Would you recommend upfront medical or shall I wait for their medical request?
2) And do I need to submit my file through my husband CIC account or I need my own CIC account?

Thanks in anticipation.
Upfront is good I guess

Reactions: Nirisha88

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have applied for SOWP on 24 Sep 2020 with upfront medical and biometric. My medical is passed on 18 Feb 2021 and updated today in GC key. What is the next process. My question is When the pass the medical? After reviewing our file or medical is the first stage.
Write a mail for priority processing based on family reunification

micmic614

Feb 17, 2021
Hi all,

I will apply for a study permit while my spouse will apply for a SOWP. May I know if our applications (both my study permit and his SOWP) will be affected/rejected if he has opened an express entry profile in IRCC?

Thanks!

contactrajesh

Oct 4, 2020
Hi all,

I will apply for a study permit while my spouse will apply for a SOWP. May I know if our applications (both my study permit and his SOWP) will be affected/rejected if he has opened an express entry profile in IRCC?

Thanks!
You can have an express entry profile, explain it in your sop, there is a dual-intent clause which you can refer to. But if possible, better option is to withdraw the EE profile and then submit your study permit, highlight this as well in your sop that you had an profile earlier and withdrawn it.

Parth Jani

Feb 8, 2020
Hello All,
I have been following this thread for quite sometime now.
I have my PR application under process for almost a year now and I want to bring my wife to Canada on SOWP.
Can anyone help me wording wise how can I explain about our PR Process on our cover letter and statement of Purpose?

Any help would be appreciated.

mandeep9595

Jul 22, 2019
Hello guys,
Need urgent help,
I heard a lot about travel authorization mail. Is it true that embassy will prioritize our application after applying travel authorization letter. As I applied on 24 sep 2020 and got my medical passed on 18 feb 2021. After this I didn’t see any update on my file. Please suggest with your precious views, should I apply travel authorization?

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hello guys,
Need urgent help,
I heard a lot about travel authorization mail. Is it true that embassy will prioritize our application after applying travel authorization letter. As I applied on 24 sep 2020 and got my medical passed on 18 feb 2021. After this I didn’t see any update on my file. Please suggest with your precious views, should I apply travel authorization?
You should send mail asking them to prioritize your application. Not for travel exception. Tell them u are travel exempt and give proofs. And them they will send you authorization letter and within somedays probably ur application will be approved. Else create a webform attaching the same.

Arshveer deol

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
For spouses or common-law partners of provincial nominee class (PNC) applicants, the spouse or common-law partner is eligible for an open work permit for the duration of the work permit held by the principal PNC applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PNC applicant’s occupation.”
hello guys... is this rule applies to spouse’s who are inside canada only??? Or we can go according to this even jf the spouse is outland..? I have bridging open work

rvsingh86

Dec 10, 2019
Ludhiana
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
For spouses or common-law partners of provincial nominee class (PNC) applicants, the spouse or common-law partner is eligible for an open work permit for the duration of the work permit held by the principal PNC applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PNC applicant’s occupation.”
hello guys... is this rule applies to spouse’s who are inside canada only??? Or we can go according to this even jf the spouse is outland..? I have bridging open work
It applies to outand also....i have applied in the same category...

Divya_88

Nov 19, 2020
Hi, Currently I'm residing in US and applying for SOWP while that's in process I have to travel back to India. If the SOWP is approved can I get the stamping (submitting the passport) in any VFS in India?