+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

T1793C

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

I need your advise. I want to apply for an open work permit for my husband who is outside of Canada.

I just received my new pgwp under the new policy and March 17. My previous pgwp expired Jan 10,2021 and I applied before the new policy came out just to stay on implied status so my application was rejected feb 7. I had to stop working and filed for my new pgwp. Luckily my employer kept my position ans I will be back to work on Monday.

My question is, I know 3 paystubs is needed to apply of the sowp. But can I write a letter of explanation my most recent paystub which will be april 2 and 2 previous paystubs from feb and January. Then later add more via webform?

Or should I wait until I have 3 recent paystubs?

My second question is, what documentation should my husband provide.

Is proof of funds needed for both of us or just my employment letter/contract with my NOC.

Sukhpreet5

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Hello guys,
Need urgent help,
I heard a lot about travel authorization mail. Is it true that embassy will prioritize our application after applying travel authorization letter. As I applied on 24 sep 2020 and got my medical passed on 18 feb 2021. After this I didn’t see any update on my file. Please suggest with your precious views, should I apply travel authorization?
When did your review of eligibility get started?

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi,

I'd appreciate some advice regarding the SOWP refusal.

My spouse applied for her BOWP recently and also applied for my SOWP along with her application. However, the SOWP has been refused on the following grounds: "your spouse's work permit must be valid for at least 6 months."

The BOWP is still in process. We were under the impression that her BOWP would be processed first and then the SOWP, since they allowed us to apply for both of these together, and the SOWP validity would depend on the BOWP. Was it a mistake or should we raise this issue with IRCC? I understand that a 6-month validity is required but then why do they allow the spouse to apply for a SOWP with the BOWP application?

Thank you!

UPDATE: Spouse's BOWP approved on the same day my SOWP refused due to eligibility!

Last edited:

Chetanagajjar

Mar 25, 2021
I am on student visa in Canada . I am doing masters from university. My term will start in April 2021. I want to apply for SOWP with 7 months child . What is the right time to apply ? After getting enrolment letter or first term result ? One year ago I have applied student visa and SOWP parallerly and it was rejected and after that I have applied only student visa and it is approved. Please guide me when I should apply for my husband and child

Reactions: jamilmuradov

Chetanagajjar

Mar 25, 2021
Were you in that program when you first applied for the SOWP or are you starting it this April?
I get admission in April 2020 intake . At that time I have applied for both and it was rejected after rejection I replied for only student visa and after 10 month ( due to corona) I got student visa . And my study will start in April 2021

jamilmuradov

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
I get admission in April 2020 intake . At that time I have applied for both and it was rejected after rejection I replied for only student visa and after 10 month ( due to corona) I got student visa . And my study will start in April 2021
Thanks for letting know! Your program seems to be eligible on the website that I sent but I am afraid there could be other factors. What is written in your refusal letter?

Impeccable

Aug 30, 2020
Hello.
I have an approved study visa and I am to resume in September 2021. My spouse intends to apply for SOWP.
Can he apply now while I am waiting to resume?
Or must I have resumed and landed in Canada before he can apply?
I intend to travel in August 2021.

rvsingh86

Dec 10, 2019
Ludhiana
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
Hi, Is it possible for some one to change his employer specific work permit to open work permit...heard some has got in 1 week ...from bonded to open work permit...Any idea how????