+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

slurrrrr

Feb 15, 2021
hello, I am applying OWP and I realized that I dont have to apply study permit for my 3 years old daughter (as she can enroll into preschool with a visitor permit as long as i'm holding OWP). My question is, her visitor visa only lasts for 6 months and my OWP is of a 3 year duration...does that mean I have to go back to my home town after 6 months? Or should I apply study permit for her once i entered Canada? Thanks

Deepahedi

Feb 20, 2021
Hello,

I am on PGWP and my husband is on SOWP. We both want PCC to be submitted for PR.

We both dont have spouse name added on passport. Can we apply for PCC mentioning as being single????

Parth Jani

Feb 8, 2020
Hello All,
I am planning to apply for a SOWP this week but given the circumstances now I have few queries.

1. We already have applied for PR (got AOR, eligibility passed already) can I still apply for SOWP from India and If yes, should I include AOR in supporting documents?
2. Can my Father (her Father in-law) support and sponsor her in her SOWP as proof of funds?
3. Any examples of Cover letter(her end) would be appreciated.

Any answers and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Parth Jani

Feb 8, 2020
Hello,

I am on PGWP and my husband is on SOWP. We both want PCC to be submitted for PR.

We both dont have spouse name added on passport. Can we apply for PCC mentioning as being single????
I believe you dont have to mention SINGLE, all you can do while applying is to show married and attach marriage certificate photocopy. The Officer in your home country will cross verify your relation if needed.

Arshveer deol

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Hey, i am currently in canada with open work permit with permanent residence file in process my spouse got his spouse open work permit approved but due to covid restrictions how can he travel as he doesn’t have job letter. please guide. He got his TRV stamped and letter of introduction.
Hi i need your help to apply for sowp...can you please share your contact information with me..

Dhindsags47

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hi, i applied SOWP for my wife (in India) based on my PGWP, my permit is expiring in July 2021 .according to CIC website i need 6 month validity on my WP to get SOWP. what should I do?

Kiranw

Feb 22, 2021
*Work permit expiration query*
Hi, My work permit is expiring on 31st July 2021 as my spouse's study permit is valid till that time. We're travelling next month to Canada. I'm currently in the process of getting a contractual job offer for 6months and I'm afraid I have only four months starting April.
  1. Can we apply for my spouse's PGWP and my work permit together?
  2. I have entered in the EE pool with my spouse as secondary applicant and have 461crs currently(with my husband's ECA pending, once that's done - it should be around 469). Would there be chances to get an ITA before the Expiry?
  3. I wanted to know what other options do I have to keep working?
Any responses/clarifications are appreciated.

Puneet1994

Feb 17, 2021
Hello folks. Can anyone help me. I wanna apply for my spouse’s open work permit. He is living in india. I want to apply for his open work permit based on “ spouses or common-law partners of provincial nominee class (PNC) applicants, the spouse or common-law partner is eligible for an open work permit for the duration of the work permit held by the principal PNC applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PNC applicant’s occupation.” . I have bridging open permit. I don’t know how to get through eligibility questionnaire. Beacause there is no such option to select that the other person is a pnp holder. I am working on noc level c job. Please help if anyone know about this

rvsingh86

Dec 10, 2019
Ludhiana
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
Hello folks. Can anyone help me. I wanna apply for my spouse’s open work permit. He is living in india. I want to apply for his open work permit based on “ spouses or common-law partners of provincial nominee class (PNC) applicants, the spouse or common-law partner is eligible for an open work permit for the duration of the work permit held by the principal PNC applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PNC applicant’s occupation.” . I have bridging open permit. I don’t know how to get through eligibility questionnaire. Beacause there is no such option to select that the other person is a pnp holder. I am working on noc level c job. Please help if anyone know about this
Hey
I also applied in this PNC applicant category. My wife is in Canada in a NOC c job. she has 2 years employer-specific work permit. To apply under this category you must have an employer-specific work permit and a PNP nomination certificate. And there no such option in the form. you have to explain through your cover letter. I would recommend hiring an IRCC consultant. They know better how to present this kind of case as it is different from other SOWP.

Puneet1994

Feb 17, 2021
Hey
I also applied in this PNC applicant category. My wife is in Canada in a NOC c job. she has 2 years employer-specific work permit. To apply under this category you must have an employer-specific work permit and a PNP nomination certificate. And there no such option in the form. you have to explain through your cover letter. I would recommend hiring an IRCC consultant. They know better how to present this kind of case as it is different from other SOWP.
Hi did you get your visa approved ?

mandeep9595

Jul 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have applied for SOWP on 24 Sep 2020 with upfront medical and biometric. My medical is passed on 18 Feb 2021 and updated today in GC key. What is the next process. My question is When the pass the medical? After reviewing our file or medical is the first stage.