+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did u attach enough proof of relationship?
He did. They were married in May 2019 & he submitted as he said in his post above - marriage certificate, Photographs of marriage and associated functions & Photographs of pre wedding (years of relationship) and post wedding.

premkothekar

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Did u attach enough proof of relationship?
I had attach enough pictures(loads of picture, pictures that u can clearly see that our recent pic(2019) and old picture(2015,2016 ) are totally legit by seeing our face and our body growth) to our relation more than 5 years and marriage certificate

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hi All,
I am applying SOWP for my Wife & TRV for my 1 year old child. I am in Canada on Employer specific work Permit.
Wanted to know for my child TRV will he be principal applicant for His TRV application form 5257b form?
let me know.

Thanks
Can anyone help me answer this.. Thanks

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
I had attach enough pictures(loads of picture, pictures that u can clearly see that our recent pic(2019) and old picture(2015,2016 ) are totally legit by seeing our face and our body growth) to our relation more than 5 years and marriage certificate
Since you have a province nomination certificate now, I'll advise that you attach it as well when next you apply, refer to both your job and the certificate as a qualifying factor in your sop, wait for gcms if you're not in a hurry as that will give you the exact reason why it's refused. All d best in your next application

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hi All,
I am applying SOWP for my Wife & TRV for my 1 year old child. I am in Canada on Employer specific work Permit.
Wanted to know for my child TRV will he be principal applicant for His TRV application form 5257b form?
let me know.

Thanks
I really don't know the exact form you're filling but I'll yes if the application is your child, the person applying is obviously the principal applicant

premkothekar

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Since you have a province nomination certificate now, I'll advise that you attach it as well when next you apply, refer to both your job and the certificate as a qualifying factor in your sop, wait for gcms if you're not in a hurry as that will give you the exact reason why it's refused. All d best in your next application
Thank you I am waiting for GCMS notes once I receive it, then I'll move forward from there

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Guys need a suggestion. Is birth certificate required to be submitted for SOWP either from spouse in home country and spouse in Canada?

muneem shabir

Feb 2, 2021
Hi,

I am an International Ph.D. student in Quebec and need to bring my wife here on SWOP. would she also need a CAQ first?

Thanks
Muneem

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi,

I am an International Ph.D. student in Quebec and need to bring my wife here on SWOP. would she also need a CAQ first?

Thanks
Muneem
If your spouse plans to join you in Canada for the duration of your studies or internship, she should apply for an open work permit, which is not job-specific and does not require your spouse to get a CAQ for work, or a Labour Market Impact Assessment.

Reactions: Sad93

Yogi_Ninama

Jun 7, 2020
Is it going to help you with your file in any way? You can ask anything you need while filing for SOWP and i can guide you more than good enough that your file dont get rejected.
Hi Gaurav,
I need your help in following things taking up my spouse work permit and Kid study permit. Well, currently I am on closed work permit in Canada.
My questions are..
1) Can I apply through same GC key account that I used mine to file for Work permit.
2) What about letter of acceptance for my kid for study permit.

Let me know if you can help.

Esumalinog

Nov 21, 2018
Hello!
My husband is currently an open work permit holder (SOWP). Our permit both expires on June 2021. We already applied for permanent residency and already got AOR and done biometrics.

Im currently on maternity leave and my husband is layed off..

My question is..

How can I extend my husbands work permit knowing that bridging work permit is for principal applicant( thats me)?

Is being layed off will affect his application for extension of open work permit?

Quesask1

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I’m also looking to apply for SOWP, I have query regarfing job title as I am on work permit and needs skill level B category, My job description comes under NOC skill level B. But my title at work is different but as conversation with HR they gonne through the list of duties and said can provide me one of the title mentioned in NoC and they did other employees too as the job duties are same. So My query is does it will be a problem if HR provides me a same job title as NOC (at work is different title but same job).
I Really appreciate if someone help. Thankyou

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hello Everyone,
I’m also looking to apply for SOWP, I have query regarfing job title as I am on work permit and needs skill level B category, My job description comes under NOC skill level B. But my title at work is different but as conversation with HR they gonne through the list of duties and said can provide me one of the title mentioned in NoC and they did other employees too as the job duties are same. So My query is does it will be a problem if HR provides me a same job title as NOC (at work is different title but same job).
I Really appreciate if someone help. Thankyou
Title should be what title is stated in your offer/employment letter. Roles and responsibilities matter for NOC

Reactions: Quesask1