+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi everyone, hope you are well.

I have recently gotten a study permit and now wish to apply for a SOWP for my spouse. My question is this: is there a need to attach a reference letter for each and every employment position one has ever held? What is someone has had 40+ jobs? Would that mean 40+ reference letters? If someone could kindly give more information regarding this matter, I'd be grateful.
I am not sure about 40+ jobs..My husband attached his 4 experience certfcts

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
Hi everyone, hope you are well.

I have recently gotten a study permit and now wish to apply for a SOWP for my spouse. My question is this: is there a need to attach a reference letter for each and every employment position one has ever held? What is someone has had 40+ jobs? Would that mean 40+ reference letters? If someone could kindly give more information regarding this matter, I'd be grateful.
Its better to attach reference letters of all the companies one worked. If that cannot be done. Mention it in sop and state the reason.

This is not experts advise. But seen many experts suggesting the same.

Jotprince

Feb 13, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
6 July 2021
AOR Received.
6 July 2021
Med's Done....
18 August 2021
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
I have a valid SOWP visa valid until July 27,2021 in view of my husband's PGWP valid upto same date but i couldn't travel to Canada due to travel restrictions. He has got extension for 18months now while he is in Canada and we have submitted our application for PR also. I wonder as to how i can extend my SOWP from india so that i can be with my husband till we get our PR application approved.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I have a valid SOWP visa valid until July 27,2021 in view of my husband's PGWP valid upto same date but i couldn't travel to Canada due to travel restrictions. He has got extension for 18months now while he is in Canada and we have submitted our application for PR also. I wonder as to how i can extend my SOWP from india so that i can be with my husband till we get our PR application approved.
Yes you should be able to submit an extension. To extend, your husband need to provide proof of a O, A or B category job along with 3 recent pay stubs.

Jotprince

Feb 13, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
6 July 2021
AOR Received.
6 July 2021
Med's Done....
18 August 2021
Yes you should be able to submit an extension. To extend, your husband need to provide proof of a O, A or B category job along with 3 recent pay stubs.
But how do i extend it from outside Canada ? Do I need to submit a new application for SOWP or there is any program to extend it from outside Canada like there is bridging program for pgwp holders inside Canada.

rsdajao

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Hi guys, my PGWP was approved yesterday but my spouse OWP extension is still reviewing eligibility. Is this normal that our results are not released at the same time since we applied together? Thanks

shraddha.9284

Feb 10, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have applied for SOWP on 24 Sep 2020 with upfront medical and biometric. My medical is passed on 18 Feb 2021 and updated today in GC key. What is the next process. My question is When the pass the medical? After reviewing our file or medical is the first stage.
Hi, could you please share if your applciation was processed? Also, how did you go about with the upfront medical? Can we do it after submitting the applciation? Thanks in advance

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
hey all, totally random question. when you apply for a sowp, do you apply from the dependants gckey account or from the holder of study/work permit account? Both my spouse and I have our own gckey accounts (we each hold valid pgwp as we were not common law back in the day, we are now and have been for 2+years) and i now want to extend her pgwp to match my validity (hers expires in nov).

srka

May 16, 2021
So should I withdraw my application??? or should i need to inform them abt her status or they gonna find out automatically. or If i will not withdaw it, will they refuse it or what??What should be the best option???i m so confused now
Hi.. can you please let me know if you have withdrawn your application...? Did you submit a webform for withdrawal...how long does it take to get the confirmation on withdrawal?

omkar1276

Jul 22, 2021
Hi,
I have a query, want to apply for SOWP. Completed my graduation in May 2011 but started working in April 2015.
Do I need to worry about the gap and any letter of explanation required for this.
Awaiting for your response.
Thanks in Advance.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi,
I have a query, want to apply for SOWP. Completed my graduation in May 2011 but started working in April 2015.
Do I need to worry about the gap and any letter of explanation required for this.
Awaiting for your response.
Thanks in Advance.
No, don't worry about that. Just focus on what you've been doing since 2015.

guidebortoli

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
I am the Principal Applicant of a a CEC process. My wife is my dependent. She came to Canada to join me under Family Reunification with her tourist visa.

I have my Closed Work Permit expiring on August 31st but I already requested a BOWP and I have received it a few weeks ago.

I'm still working fot the same employer until 31st of May 2022 (NOC A).

Can my wife request a SOWP?

Thank you.

esraa saber

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hello ,
I am a visitor in canada and my husband student in the last term in his master and his study permit will be expired at feb 2022 , and we nw in july 2021 , I mean it is a short period ... just 6 months...
And now i have a job offer and am planning to apply for a spouse open work permit inside canada
*My question*
If the sowp is refused , is rejection may affect my status in canada as a visitor ?!
And if approved ,, my visitor visa will be expired or doesnt work?

ted123

Dec 22, 2020
Hi, may I know is it possible to apply sowp and trp together as I have past criminal record. If possible, may I know the estimated processing time if I apply outside Canada? Thanks.

atlanticbay

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Application Submitted: May 25th 2021
Biometrics : May 27th 2021
Medicals Submitted: July 18th
Medicals Passed: July 26th 2021
BVL - Correspondence letter received : July 27th
Awaiting decision.

Reactions: RumezaJ