+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SMU-DE Education Evaluation from IQAS/ICAS

ravijhols

Jan 30, 2019
Thanks Arindam. I will send them email.

Thanks Ravijhols is that online process are you talking about https://smude.edu.in/smude/studentservices/student-helpdesk.html.

yes I am not sending to IQAS. I am sending to ICAS. Thank you for this post I came to know that they are not doin
Yeah, I am referring to this. Mail on the mentioned SMU mail id and they will help you. Hope you know that ICAS also takes about 25 weeks. IQAS also took about the same time for me.

rohitsx05

Apr 30, 2019
Thank you Ravi. Yes I know but IQAS is not evaluating SMU degree and I believe only ICAS is doing it. so no option but to wait for 25 weeks

rohitsx05

Apr 30, 2019
Hello Friends,

Please help me with this simple questions. I have done below Studies from India and would like to do Master;s Degree ECA from ICAS Canada.

First Question (My Understanding is please correct if wrong while updating ICAS Education Form)

Primary is SSC(10th Standard)
Secondary is HSC (12th Standard)
Post-Secondary is (Bachelor's)
And for Master's Degree can I add in Others.

Second Question (Do I need to send Transcripts copies of only Masters from University and not the copies of SSC, HSC and Bachelor's Degree)

Thanks
Rohit

rohitsx05

Apr 30, 2019
Does anyone have answer to below questions?

Hello Friends,

Please help me with this simple questions. I have done below Studies from India and would like to do Master;s Degree ECA from ICAS Canada.

First Question (My Understanding is please correct if wrong while updating ICAS Education Form)

Second Question (Do I need to send Transcripts copies of only Masters from University and not the copies of SSC, HSC and Bachelor's Degree)

Thanks
Rohit

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
First Question: Not sure. As I too have to fille the form yet.
Second Ques: Yes only Masters and Bachelors (if you require to do ECA for both)

Hello Friends,

Thanks
Rohit

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
I've also got the same email and then they cancelled my application. I checked with SMU they said that ICAS is assessing smu degrees. Now I've to apply for it and wait for another 20 weeks.
Hi Ricky, Did you applied through ICAS? Any update? Would you like to share the steps with us?

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
Hi Rohit,
I have emailed ICAS below questions and got the response.

Hello ICAS Team,

Q1: I have a Master Degree to evaluate with ICAS. While filling the assessment form, on Education page, where should I mention my Bachelors and Masters degree?
Q2: Is Sikkim Manipal University (India) recognized by ICAS for evaluation? I'll start my assessment application as per your revert.

Response from ICAS:

Thank you for your enquiry.

For postsecondary study completed in India, we are able to assess the following:

· Qualifications awarded by institutions which were recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) at the time of admission

· Programs recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) at the time of admission

· Distance education programs recognized by the Distance Education Council (DEC) or UGC at the time of your admission

· Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education

When completing the online application, you must fill in yourentire education history, from primary school up to and including your most recently completed qualification. Please complete the education history chart to the best of your ability. This information is used as a reference to get a clear understanding of an applicant’s education. It does not impact the outcome of the assessment.

It is then entirely your decision as to which credentials you choose to submit for assessment. ICAS does not assess primary or lower secondary education. If you have completed a postsecondary qualification, you are not required to submit your senior secondary school documents for assessment; rather this is optional.

Primary refers to elementary education. Please enter your Secondary School Certificate (Grade 10) in this space.

Under Secondary, please enter your Senior Secondary (Grade 12). Under Post-Secondary 1-3, you may enter your university qualifications in order.

The estimated processing time for ICAS’ Canadian Immigration Assessment Package is approximately 25 weeks after all required documents are received in our office. This is an approximate processing time and is not a guarantee.

ICAS of Canada

DH

Hello Friends,

Thanks
Rohit

rohitsx05

Apr 30, 2019
Thank you Raunaq for taking extra steps and checking with ICAS. So my Primary and Secondary is correct assumptions

But for Post-Secondary (Under Post-Secondary 1-3, you may enter your university qualifications in order.) Not sure where do we get 1 to 3 there are only Others after Post-secondary and there is only one Post-Secondary in form and after that there is Others and as they said to complete entire education history.

Therefore as per my understanding

Primary = 10
Secondary = 12
Post-Secondary = Bachelors
Others = Masters

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
Thank you Raunaq for taking extra steps and checking with ICAS. So my Primary and Secondary is correct assumptions

But for Post-Secondary (Under Post-Secondary 1-3, you may enter your university qualifications in order.) Not sure where do we get 1 to 3 there are only Others after Post-secondary and there is only one Post-Secondary in form and after that there is Others and as they said to complete entire education history.

Therefore as per my understanding

Primary = 10
Secondary = 12
Others = Masters
From their response i don't think they require us to complete the entire chart, which says (Please complete the education history chart to the best of your ability. This information is used as a reference to get a clear understanding of an applicant’s education. It does not impact the outcome of the assessment.)

Primary = 10
Secondary = 12
Others = Masters

This seems to be correct. I'll be following the same.

rohitsx05

Apr 30, 2019
Thank you Raunaq for clarifying Education history and about masters from Sikkim Manipal University

About earlier questions. you said (Second Ques: Yes only Masters and Bachelors (if you require to do ECA for both)
So basically can we do Both ECA from ICAS? If yes. Actually I have done my Bachelors from Mumbai University. So I need to send them do different university transcript and marksheet.

Also since ICAS is taking 25 weeks. is it possible to do Masters ECA from ICAS and Bachelors from WES, as WES take less time.

OR do you recommend doing both Masters & Bachelor from ICAS only

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
Thank you Raunaq for clarifying Education history and about masters from Sikkim Manipal University

About earlier questions. you said (Second Ques: Yes only Masters and Bachelors (if you require to do ECA for both)
So basically can we do Both ECA from ICAS? If yes. Actually I have done my Bachelors from Mumbai University. So I need to send them do different university transcript and marksheet.

Also since ICAS is taking 25 weeks. is it possible to do Masters ECA from ICAS and Bachelors from WES, as WES take less time.

OR do you recommend doing both Masters & Bachelor from ICAS only
I have assessed my Bachelor degree from WES and now going for Masters from ICAS. There should not be any issue. And while creating application for PR, i guess we need to mention only highest (masters) assessment. (Bachelor assessment will just be a standby to search for jobs)

rohitsx05

Apr 30, 2019
Thank you Raun
I have assessed my Bachelor degree from WES and now going for Masters from ICAS. There should not be any issue. And while creating application for PR, i guess we need to mention only highest (masters) assessment. (Bachelor assessment will just be a standby to search for jobs)
Thank you Raunaq once again :). My jobs is into IT Engineering and ECA for my MCA will do for me.

What Bachelors degree did you evaluate from WES? was it Distance Education. Any suggestion about distance education from WES. Mine is from Mumbai University, my last 2 years in Bachelors was distance Education

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
Thank you Raun

Thank you Raunaq once again :). My jobs is into IT Engineering and ECA for my MCA will do for me.

What Bachelors degree did you evaluate from WES? was it Distance Education. Any suggestion about distance education from WES. Mine is from Mumbai University, my last 2 years in Bachelors was distance Education
Can't suggest anything on this. Mine was regular degree which I got assesaeafrom WES.