+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SMU-DE Education Evaluation from IQAS/ICAS

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
Hi
I have done my BCA from SMU distance learning.
Could you please guide me of the ECA process
As i need to submit documents to SMU. SO
,are there only 2 documents which we need to submit to College.??
One is consildated marksheet
And other is Degree Certificate
Do i need to submit bonafide too or any other document ??
Can you please do let me know and clarify which document do we need to submit.
Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

I have sent the Degree /DMC's / Provisional Degree...
Also,
SMU HELPDESK people are very prompt in response. And they will guide you with the steps. Just drop an email at smuhelpdesk@smudde.edu.in asking on procedure to apply for assessment of degree to ICAS

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi
I have done my BCA from SMU distance learning.
Could you please guide me of the ECA process
As i need to submit documents to SMU. SO
,are there only 2 documents which we need to submit to College.??
One is consildated marksheet
And other is Degree Certificate
Do i need to submit bonafide too or any other document ??
Can you please do let me know and clarify which document do we need to submit.
Thanks.
[/QUOTE]
You need to send all semester marksheets, consolidated statement of Mark's, degree copy. i had sent both front and back side of all docs. You have to get it photocopied fir sending it to ECA so why not get 2 sets made.
They even asked me to send the provisional but I did not do so. It doesn't matter if you send them provisional or not but the rest you need to send them.
And they ask you to mail them as well on smuhelpdesk@smudde.edu.in

narangricky22

Jun 28, 2018
Got my ICAS assessment in 2 months. Unbelievable.

Degree: Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education
(MBA)
Equivalent to Canadian Masters (MBA)

Timeline:

07-25-2019 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
07-24-2019 Assessment Report ready for editing
07-11-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
06-17-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
06-10-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
05-15-2019 Application Received

Did you only opt for getting your MBA assessed or did you send them your Bachelors degree as well?

THUKRALD

Jan 31, 2019
Yes, one of my friends got a positive ECA done from ICAS, though it took a lot of time, around 5-6 months. Moreover, they do mention in their FAQ's that they evaluate SMU degrees.
Could you please let me know in which year ur friend passed out and in which year he or she got the evaluation done?

THUKRALD

Jan 31, 2019
Got my ICAS assessment in 2 months. Unbelievable.

Degree: Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education
(MBA)
Equivalent to Canadian Masters (MBA)

Timeline:

07-25-2019 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
07-24-2019 Assessment Report ready for editing
07-11-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
06-17-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
06-10-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
05-15-2019 Application Received
Hi Raunak
Could u plz tell me when did u pass out ur masters?

Oct 21, 2019
Hi I need help. I have done M.Sc IT and got ECA through ICAS as Canadian equivalency "Post bachelor Diploma - 2 years". Now while filling Express Entry profile there are two options either Master Degree or Bachelor Degree. Which one I should choose ? . As this is post bachelor I should not choose Bachelor (also it will drag down my points). If i choose Master , its not clearly mentioned as master on ICAS report , please help.

narangricky22

Jun 28, 2018
Hi I need help. I have done M.Sc IT and got ECA through ICAS as Canadian equivalency "Post bachelor Diploma - 2 years". Now while filling Express Entry profile there are two options either Master Degree or Bachelor Degree. Which one I should choose ? . As this is post bachelor I should not choose Bachelor (also it will drag down my points). If i choose Master , its not clearly mentioned as master on ICAS report , please help.
Hi Chandan - in which year did you do your MSc IT? and How much time ICAS took for the ECA? I've also sent my docs to ICAS back in Apr2019, but haven't heard anything on that.

Oct 21, 2019
Hi Chandan - in which year did you do your MSc IT? and How much time ICAS took for the ECA? I've also sent my docs to ICAS back in Apr2019, but haven't heard anything on that.
I have completed my MSc in 2013 from SMU - DE in Information technology. Got Post bachelor diploma - 2 years as Canadian equivalency .

below are timelines as you asked. Hope it will help you .

09-27-2019 Report Sent by Courier
09-26-2019 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
09-24-2019 Assessment Report ready for editing
09-12-2019 Assessment in Progress
01-29-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
01-12-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
01-04-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
12-10-2018 Application Received

Reactions: narangricky22
Oct 21, 2019
Could anyone reply on this .. ?

syfaimah

Dec 25, 2019
Hi All, I just tried applying for degree equivalency on the ICAS website today, it says that ICAS is not accepting documents anymore. Please try again later.
Anyone knows when they ll start accepting application again.

guruhayat

Jan 2, 2020
I got my SMU BCA degree’s positive assessment.

ICAS Timeline

Date Event
01-03-2020 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
01-02-2020 Assessment Report ready for editing
12-31-2019 Assessment in Progress
05-10-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
04-25-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
04-02-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
02-13-2019 Application Received

dhc

Dec 15, 2018
Date Event
08-28-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
08-16-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
07-29-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
07-21-2019 Application Received

Jan 14, 2020
Hello everyone, I need to get my ECA done from ICAS, I have done MCA from sikkim manipal university. Can anyone please guide me what are the documents I need to Sent to SMU? I will be very thankful to you if anyone can share his contact number. Thank you

Jan 14, 2020
You first need to go to ICAS, submit an application, pay them their fees, get a reference number, after that you apply for transcripts. Address, which includes a pin code, will be provided to you by ICAS.
Hello brother, Can you please tell me the procedure, SMU sent documents directly to ICAS or they will sent to us? As per ICAS they should receive documents directly from university.