+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SMU-DE Education Evaluation from IQAS/ICAS

xenos.s

Feb 1, 2020
I have already done my ECA from IQAS. :)
I have a question if you can help.

On ICAS request form it has a field for dates of attendance from and to. It needs to be filled up by me. But a don't know my attendance from date as it's a distance course. How do I find out this attendance date from?

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
I have a question if you can help.

On ICAS request form it has a field for dates of attendance from and to. It needs to be filled up by me. But a don't know my attendance from date as it's a distance course. How do I find out this attendance date from?
Admission date to final result date.

Reactions: xenos.s

xenos.s

Feb 1, 2020
Admission date to final result date.
I have the receipt which I received from the learning center when I took admission. The date written is 20th March 2010. You think the university record will match with this receipt date, which makes my attendance start from March 2010?

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
I have the receipt which I received from the learning center when I took admission. The date written is 20th March 2010. You think the university record will match with this receipt date, which makes my attendance start from March 2010?
You may call or email SMU helpdesk. They will help you in this.

xenos.s

Feb 1, 2020
OK, I found my Attendance start From date. it was mentioned in Consolidated Statement Of Marks received from SMU.

I am preparing to send my documents to ICAS of Canada. but i have a question in my mind.

Do i need to get my documents (degree certificate, provisional certificate, consolidated marks sheet, marks sheet of all semesters) attested or notarized before sending it to ICAS ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

rohaby

Dec 6, 2019
Dubai, UAE
Hi,

I have done BTech from MG Univ, Kerala and MBA from SMU.
Since ICAS was closed during December 2019, I applied for ECA for BTech via WES. It is almost completed from MG Univ., possibly in transit to WES.

Now, ICAS being open, I need to apply for ECA for SMU now. And, I was suggested that it is mandatory to apply for both BTech and MBA together. That is, Bachelors needs to be applied together with Masters if you want Masters assessed. And, I created ICAS registration with BTech and MBA.
I feel that assessment for BTech from MGUniv took more than 7 months (including the COVID lockdown).

Is it right? ICAS won't take assessment for MBA alone? If it is, do I need to contact ICAS to remove the BTech assessment?

Also, @xenos.s asked, Do we need to attest the certificate sent by the candidate? or simple color copy is enough?

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Ok Guys here is the update 2020 Aug
IQAS is not evaluating SMU degrees and the application are getting rejected it is confirmed by SMU officials on email
I am in a process of ECA from ICAS since SMU officials clarify that ICAS is the only authority who is doing Canada ECA for SMU.
Now SMU has sent the transcripts to ICAS and its showing received in application updates.

So strong advice to all degree holders of SMU only go for ICAS even though the processing time of ICAS is but more as compared to others.
But it's better not to get rejected and lose money then getting ECA done a bit late

Reactions: Serhanpal

rohaby

Dec 6, 2019
Dubai, UAE
IQAS is not evaluating SMU degrees and the application are getting rejected it is confirmed by SMU officials on email
I am in a process of ECA from ICAS since SMU officials clarify that ICAS is the only authority who is doing Canada ECA for SMU.
Now SMU has sent the transcripts to ICAS and its showing received in application updates.

So strong advice to all degree holders of SMU only go for ICAS even though the processing time of ICAS is but more as compared to others.
But it's better not to get rejected and lose money then getting ECA done a bit late
Hi @SaadFaheem, when applying for ICAS, do we need to assess Btech along with MBA. I was informed of that and applied both to ICAS.
My BTech is already in assessment at WES. Did you apply for ICAS-SMU-MBA alone or with bachelors?
Can I contact ICAS to remove the bachelors assessment and make it for MBA alone? Coz, getting and waiting for transcripts from both universities will add more time to initiate ICAS.

ruhinaz91

Jan 29, 2020
Hi @SaadFaheem, when applying for ICAS, do we need to assess Btech along with MBA. I was informed of that and applied both to ICAS.
My BTech is already in assessment at WES. Did you apply for ICAS-SMU-MBA alone or with bachelors?
Can I contact ICAS to remove the bachelors assessment and make it for MBA alone? Coz, getting and waiting for transcripts from both universities will add more time to initiate ICAS.
No , it's not required. Infact we only got our mba from SMU assessed. Not even bachelor's because it's clearly mentioned at the ircc website that only highest degree needs to be assessed.
Maybe you should contact ICAS and ask them to assess only your masters.

Reactions: rohaby

techiebiker

Sep 17, 2020

Getting an error when trying to apply for ICAS, anyone else facing the same issue?

ICAS’s system is currently processing a large volume of applications. Please try again later.