+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SMU-DE Education Evaluation from IQAS/ICAS

ravijhols

Jan 30, 2019
Hi,

I have applied for ECA for my graduation and post graduation through IQAS, and have received a mail from them saying "Recognition of Sikkim Manipal University’s distance education study centres cannot be verified conclusively. IQAS is therefore canceling the assessment of your distance education credential from Sikkim Manipal University. The other credential(s) you included with your application can be assessed. Please confirm that you want IQAS to proceed with the assessment of your other credential(s)."
So in short, my graduation is not recognised by them but they will go ahead and recognise my post graduation. My question is that If they recognise my post graduation MBA course, will I be able to file my express entry as a post graduate candidate and will I be eligible for post graduate equivalent points in the express entry pool or both graduate and post graduate degrees have to be recognised?

Please suggest

maxhoney2001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

I have applied for ECA for my graduation and post graduation through IQAS, and have received a mail from them saying "Recognition of Sikkim Manipal University’s distance education study centres cannot be verified conclusively. IQAS is therefore canceling the assessment of your distance education credential from Sikkim Manipal University. The other credential(s) you included with your application can be assessed. Please confirm that you want IQAS to proceed with the assessment of your other credential(s)."
So in short, my graduation is not recognised by them but they will go ahead and recognise my post graduation. My question is that If they recognise my post graduation MBA course, will I be able to file my express entry as a post graduate candidate and will I be eligible for post graduate equivalent points in the express entry pool or both graduate and post graduate degrees have to be recognised?

Please suggest
Yes, As long as you are getting it as Masters, you will be able to create your profile with no issues. I have seen in other forums where people have just got evaluation done for Masters only. By the way, what are yours bachelors and Masters degree and university ?

narangricky22

Jun 28, 2018
Hi team,

I need your help I have done my diploma in electrical engineering from BTE - Delhi,
Btech from MDU, PGDM from IMT CDL, and MBA from SMU.
I have applied for ECA from IQAS and got the just now starting "International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) reviewed your application and cannot proceed with your assessment because:

· Only credentials that are recognized, authenticated and comparable to completed Canadian educational credentials are eligible for assessment. Recognition of Sikkim Manipal University’s distance education study centres cannot be verified conclusively. IQAS is therefore canceling the assessment of your distance education credential from Sikkim Manipal University.

Please confirm that you want IQAS to proceed with the assessment of your other credentials. If you choose to proceed with the assessment of your other credential(s), there will be no refund for yourapplication. If you choose not to proceed, our office will refund your application fees and cancel your application. You must inform our office on or before February 2, 2019 by replying to this email with your decision.

Decisions with respect to the recognition of credentials are made at the discretion of IQAS based on extensive research. There will therefore be no acknowledgement or response by our office to a request to reconsider the decision to cancel the assessment of your Sikkim Manipal University distance education credential. We recognize this decision may be disappointing to you, but it cannot be otherwise."

Please help me. What should I do now. Do I have any other way out.
I've also got the same email and then they cancelled my application. I checked with SMU they said that ICAS is assessing smu degrees. Now I've to apply for it and wait for another 20 weeks.

007kiranraj

Nov 22, 2017
I've also got the same email and then they cancelled my application. I checked with SMU they said that ICAS is assessing smu degrees. Now I've to apply for it and wait for another 20 weeks.
Please share your experience with ICAS. I would like to apply for assessment for MBA from SMU DE.

Nainas

Feb 11, 2019
Hi, I am looking forward to study MBA in Canada. I have 3 years of bba degree done from SMU. My question is am I eligible for studying mba in Canada with 15 years of education combined altogether. I got to

maxhoney2001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

Please suggest
Hi Ravi, Did you get any response from them regarding your MBA ? What status they gave it to your MBA ?

THUKRALD

Jan 31, 2019
please let me know if anyone has checked with ICAS before filing the application that whether they are doing it or not otherwise we will waste another 20 weeks.

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
please let me know if anyone has checked with ICAS before filing the application that whether they are doing it or not otherwise we will waste another 20 weeks.
Hi, smu helpdesk is saying they are being recognized by icas you can go ahead with them I had b.com from du so I got that evaluated from iqas. Does not affect me much as I am the secondary applicant, But yes I did research and got to know that icas does recognize smu.

narangricky22

Jun 28, 2018
even i got the same reply..Are u sure ICAS will accept SMU
I had a word with SMU. They said that earlier IQAS used to evaluate the degrees from SMU-DE, but they've stopped evaluating from mid-december 2018 onwards.

SMU suggested me to go with ICAS, I've already sent my docs to them, still waiting for my ECA.

rohitsx05

Apr 30, 2019
Thank you for this post. Anyone who can guide me.

If I am not in India how to get transcript from SMU directly, and will SMU university courier to ICAS directly?

ravijhols

Jan 30, 2019
Thank you for this post. Anyone who can guide me.

If I am not in India how to get transcript from SMU directly, and will SMU university courier to ICAS directly?
Hi,

Acquiring SMU Transcript is an online process. You can mail them your requirement and they will revert to you with the whole process. They are quite prompt. Moreover, they will also send the transcript to IQAS. However, one thing that I faced was that IQAS did not recognise my bachelors degree from SMU. Not sure about your degree though. Good luck