+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SMU-DE Education Evaluation from IQAS/ICAS

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Any one got IQAS score recently ? What is the current process time. I have submitted my docs on July 10. Still waiting for the scores
Hi i received a mail from iqas where they wanted to know my learning center. When i called them they told me that alot of people are negatively assessed for smu these days. So i am waiting for the final result though from what the assessor told me i am sure that its going to be a negative outcome.

Parik102018

Jul 5, 2018
Hi i received a mail from iqas where they wanted to know my learning center. When i called them they told me that alot of people are negatively assessed for smu these days. So i am waiting for the final result though from what the assessor told me i am sure that its going to be a negative outcome.
What's your aor2

anuj.tomar

Dec 18, 2018
Mine is a similar case where I got direct entry to 2nd semester of MCA.
What are you planning to do? Is there any explanation or letter that need to be provided to IQAS for the lateral entry?

Nick
Same case with me, Did you applied through IQAS or ICAS ?

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Yeah that's the huge possibility. Even though we are trying to prevent it.
Hi guys

My aor 2 was 9 aug 2018
Yesterday o 18 dec 2018 i recieved a mail which was

Thank you for submitting your educational documents for evaluation to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS).

IQAS cannot complete an assessment of your Bachelor of Computer Applications and your Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication.

With regards to both programs, it is IQAS’s policy that we do not assess distance education credentials from India which are completed at study centers outside the state of the awarding institution. As your Bachelor’s and your Master’s degrees program were completed at a learning center outside of the state of Sikkim we are unable to proceed with an assessment of both degrees.

IQAS will assess ONLY your Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Delhi.

If you have any questions in this regard, please write to our office.
So
My time line
Request for Eca 25 jun 2018
Documents delivered on 11 july 2018
Aor 2 9 aug 2018
1st Mail from assesor 6 dec asking for whereabouts of smu ma
2nd mail from assesor 12 dec asking for whereabouts of bca.
3 mail 18 dec which is regret for not asessing ma and bca from smu
Softcopy eca waiting
Hardcopy eca waiting
Status on web portal final review

Divs10

Jan 14, 2019
Hi,
I have done my MBA from SMU-DE(2012-2014).I would like to know if IQAS still evaluating SMU-DE degree?
Thanks in advance

maxhoney2001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi guys

My aor 2 was 9 aug 2018
Yesterday o 18 dec 2018 i recieved a mail which was

Thank you for submitting your educational documents for evaluation to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS).

IQAS cannot complete an assessment of your Bachelor of Computer Applications and your Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication.

With regards to both programs, it is IQAS’s policy that we do not assess distance education credentials from India which are completed at study centers outside the state of the awarding institution. As your Bachelor’s and your Master’s degrees program were completed at a learning center outside of the state of Sikkim we are unable to proceed with an assessment of both degrees.

IQAS will assess ONLY your Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Delhi.

If you have any questions in this regard, please write to our office.
So
My time line
Request for Eca 25 jun 2018
Documents delivered on 11 july 2018
Aor 2 9 aug 2018
1st Mail from assesor 6 dec asking for whereabouts of smu ma
2nd mail from assesor 12 dec asking for whereabouts of bca.
3 mail 18 dec which is regret for not asessing ma and bca from smu
Softcopy eca waiting
Hardcopy eca waiting
Status on web portal final review

Hi , Is this problem with SMU only or all the degree in India done by distance education ? I have my Masters from MKU (Madurai Kamaraj University ). Will it be a problem ?

Sep 14, 2015
I have my bachelors from du correspondence they r ready to assess it. they are raising a query for Smu.
Hi,
Does your DU Degree or Trascript mention anywhere about being Distance education ? Also, my Bacholers is from SMU and Masters is from MKU and both are distance education. MKU is well known and no issue university unless IQAS comes with policy of not accessing Distance education at all. What do you think will be in my case ? Thanks in advance.

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi,
Does your DU Degree or Trascript mention anywhere about being Distance education ? Also, my Bacholers is from SMU and Masters is from MKU and both are distance education. MKU is well known and no issue university unless IQAS comes with policy of not accessing Distance education at all. What do you think will be in my case ? Thanks in advance.
hi
my du degree and transcripts both mention school of distance learning but my Smu PG degree does not mention that its distance learning I don't know what was there in transcript I am sure it is mentioned in the transcript cause I got a message from Iqas stating that the assessor learned that my degree was from distance learning and he mailed me to inquire wether I did it from outside of Sikkim to which I replied I did it outside of Sikkim so he refused to assess it and mailed me that only my graduation will be assessed which is from distance learning from du.
an active member of the group told me that if you receive a mail regarding Smu location you should write the the address of smu.

IQAS SMU (DE) Evaluation - join here!

Go ahead all the best! they are assessing distance education for sure as of now but I am not sure if they will evaluate Smu.

narangricky22

Jun 28, 2018
IQAS rejected my application as well.

Only credentials that are recognized, authenticated and comparable to completed Canadian educational credentials are eligible for assessment. Recognition of Sikkim Manipal University’s distance education study centres cannot be verified conclusively. IQAS is therefore canceling the assessment of your distance education credential from Sikkim Manipal University.

Please suggest what should I do?

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
IQAS rejected my application as well.

Only credentials that are recognized, authenticated and comparable to completed Canadian educational credentials are eligible for assessment. Recognition of Sikkim Manipal University’s distance education study centres cannot be verified conclusively. IQAS is therefore canceling the assessment of your distance education credential from Sikkim Manipal University.

Please suggest what should I do?
Please go for icas smu help desk is saying you can get ur degrees evaluated by icas. For sure they are positively assessing smu

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi guys finally my wait is over they did not accept my smu degree's and just evaluated my bcom from du
Result is completion of bachelors degree.

No mention of smu degrees
25 jun 2018 application submitted
11 july 2018 documents recd in their ofc
9 aug 18 aor 1 2 mail received
9dec 19 mail received for regret of smu degree evaluation
24 jan 19 no mail from iqas i directly downloaded soft copy of eca from the portal.

gauravebatra

Apr 8, 2018
Hi team,

I need your help I have done my diploma in electrical engineering from BTE - Delhi,
Btech from MDU, PGDM from IMT CDL, and MBA from SMU.
I have applied for ECA from IQAS and got the just now starting "International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) reviewed your application and cannot proceed with your assessment because:

· Only credentials that are recognized, authenticated and comparable to completed Canadian educational credentials are eligible for assessment. Recognition of Sikkim Manipal University’s distance education study centres cannot be verified conclusively. IQAS is therefore canceling the assessment of your distance education credential from Sikkim Manipal University.

Please confirm that you want IQAS to proceed with the assessment of your other credentials. If you choose to proceed with the assessment of your other credential(s), there will be no refund for yourapplication. If you choose not to proceed, our office will refund your application fees and cancel your application. You must inform our office on or before February 2, 2019 by replying to this email with your decision.

Decisions with respect to the recognition of credentials are made at the discretion of IQAS based on extensive research. There will therefore be no acknowledgement or response by our office to a request to reconsider the decision to cancel the assessment of your Sikkim Manipal University distance education credential. We recognize this decision may be disappointing to you, but it cannot be otherwise."

Please help me. What should I do now. Do I have any other way out.