+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP :- International Skilled Worker - Express Entry Sub-Category, Network Here

gurpreetcan

Sep 4, 2019
Can someone help me please.

So the province has updated the list of occupation eligible to apply and basically they just excluded some 150 occupations meaning that more than 200 occupations can now apply.

So, I have more than 10 years experience as Legal Associate (NOC: 4112), but this occupation is excluded, while Paralegal and related occupations (NOC: 4211) are illegible.

So my question is, can I select NOC 4211 when completing Express Entry profile instead of 4112?

Logically I can, since my current experience will cover all the job duties done by paralegals.

Thank you very much in advance.
Yes you can, unless and until you are able to prove it.

jadizon17

Jul 18, 2019
Can someone help me please.

So the province has updated the list of occupation eligible to apply and basically they just excluded some 150 occupations meaning that more than 200 occupations can now apply.

So, I have more than 10 years experience as Legal Associate (NOC: 4112), but this occupation is excluded, while Paralegal and related occupations (NOC: 4211) are illegible.

So my question is, can I select NOC 4211 when completing Express Entry profile instead of 4112?

Logically I can, since my current experience will cover all the job duties done by paralegals.

Thank you very much in advance.
This is what I did in my EE Profile. I am a lawyer but selected NOC 4211 because more PNPs list 4211 as an in-demand occupation. I feel there's higher probability to be issued an ITA if I do it this way. My employment certificate will also show that I'm doing duties of 4211.

I have a different concern though. In SINP, master's and doctorate degrees are given 23 points, then 20 points for bachelor or a 3/+ year degree program. Which do I use for my law degree? WES assessed it as "4 years of professional study".
In the Federal Skilled Worker Program Factor Points, a doctorate degree is given 25 points, while master's and professional degrees are given 23. Can I choose 23 too for SINP? Thanks.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
This is what I did in my EE Profile. I am a lawyer but selected NOC 4211 because more PNPs list 4211 as an in-demand occupation. I feel there's higher probability to be issued an ITA if I do it this way. My employment certificate will also show that I'm doing duties of 4211.

I have a different concern though. In SINP, master's and doctorate degrees are given 23 points, then 20 points for bachelor or a 3/+ year degree program. Which do I use for my law degree? WES assessed it as "4 years of professional study".
In the Federal Skilled Worker Program Factor Points, a doctorate degree is given 25 points, while master's and professional degrees are given 23. Can I choose 23 too for SINP? Thanks.
I need to check what I have selected in my EE Profile then. If it 4112 I wonder if I will be able to update it to 4211. Will check later today.

If that is the case and we can apply under 4211 I guess the best way would be to have a letter from employer stating that you have been working as Legal Consultant/Legal Associate and list the duties provided for NOC 4211, which is indeed the case for like 80%.

Not sure about assessment of your degree, but I do have Master Degree from UK and WES simply stated that it is equivalent to Canada Master's Degree, so I will be claiming 25 points for that.

I just wonder how it will go and if more points increase your chances of being selected and if adaptability is a crucial factor.

For instance Prince Edward Island does not select candidates no matter how many points they have unless they can claim points for adaptability. But we just need to file our application and see how it goes.

Good luck everyone.

jadizon17

Jul 18, 2019
I need to check what I have selected in my EE Profile then. If it 4112 I wonder if I will be able to update it to 4211. Will check later today.

If that is the case and we can apply under 4211 I guess the best way would be to have a letter from employer stating that you have been working as Legal Consultant/Legal Associate and list the duties provided for NOC 4211, which is indeed the case for like 80%.

Not sure about assessment of your degree, but I do have Master Degree from UK and WES simply stated that it is equivalent to Canada Master's Degree, so I will be claiming 25 points for that.

I just wonder how it will go and if more points increase your chances of being selected and if adaptability is a crucial factor.

For instance Prince Edward Island does not select candidates no matter how many points they have unless they can claim points for adaptability. But we just need to file our application and see how it goes.

Good luck everyone.
What other PNPs are your considering for NOC 4211 besides SINP? 4211 is also in demand in Nova Scotia but their Category B is taking forever to open.

vhparekh

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Hello friends, I have a doubt. My NOC is 2232 (Mechanical Engineering Technologist). Is licensing mandatory or required to process for PR? Please help.

saurabh2004

Star Member
Aug 29, 2017
Hello Friends,

I have to create EOI for SINP - PNP. Can you please advise on the difference between:

International Skilled Workers - Occupations In-Demand and International Skilled Workers - Express Entry.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
What other PNPs are your considering for NOC 4211 besides SINP? 4211 is also in demand in Nova Scotia but their Category B is taking forever to open.
And as I heard when available it opens for a short period of time since number of applications are limited and they fill up very quick.

But in general I read somewhere that NOC 4211 will be in demand in general, so it is likely that many provinces will add them to their in-demand list.

Reactions: jadizon17

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
The thing that worries me about Saskatchewan is that it is the most criminal province in Canada, with most of its cities ranked high in the list of most dangerous cities in Canada.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
After the last draw I came to a conclusion that in order to be selected you need to have some connection to Saskatchewan.

They award up to 70 points for you skills, education etc. and up to 30 points are awarded for some sort of connection.

The minimum points of selected candidate was 70 and I doubt these were the ones gained for skills, education etc.

My guess is that they don't want people to use their province to get a residence permit and then move somewhere else and it is obvious if someone has a connection to Saskatchewan he/she will more likely stay there.

Similar thing is with Prince Edward Island. They award some 10-20 points for connection to the province and clearly state that only candidates with connection to the province get selected. So, for instance a candidate with 70 points with no connection will not be selected, while a candidate with 30 will I he/she has connection to the province.

Good luck everyone in the next draw.

Mustafa83

Oct 17, 2017
Azerbaijan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Yes. I also think that the person selected with 70 points must have some connection or education in Saskatchewan. Because it is very much unlikely that a person has 10 years of work experience after completing his Bachelor or masters degree and he is still 34 years old. Quite impossible. However, i hope that they will select people with no connection in the province in the coming draws.
Exactly. I have 68 points without any connection to the province.

I read on their website that the connection factor will play a role if there will be a number of candidates with equal points.

There is no defined time when the draws will be made, like for instance with PEI. As they state on their website the draws will be made on as needed basis and sometimes may cover certain NOCs.

So, the revised program just started and we can only wait and see how it works