+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I settle in Canada? Is it worth it?

kum9999

Dec 31, 2014
lieudefroid said:
You need to grow up. My suggestion to you is "please go back to India and it will help you open your eyes and to grow up".
you must be ***fng ass w*** immigration agent. I agree with shakthi, on the points he has.

300k a house wih a lawn and backyard in Toronto, ha ha U dont get even a 1000 feet condo with 300k in toronto. U r provenDo wrong right here..
U r taking pitchai and nooyi's names. Grow up kid, u dont compare with CEO's or Ambanis.

Schooling system and higher education much better in India, no doubt! U get a broken health care here, to take a blood test or a scanning you have so much waiting time,and for a minor dental you got to spend fng 2000 bucks, I see India much better then this.

I agree only on point of crowding and pollution with you, rest everything is better in India. USA is totally different, better oppurtunites and better pay.

For countires like India, avoid Canada. Live back home is much better, unless you have no option in India do not come to Canada.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes you are correct. India is better than Canada. No jobs in Canada and winter weather is horrible.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
This is more for my information but why do you continue to live in Canada if you hate it so much?

I'm assuming in protest at how bad it is that you do not accept any of the benefits provided by the government?

Reactions: qureishi

kum9999

Dec 31, 2014
COPRQuestion said:
This is more for my information but why do you continue to live in Canada if you hate it so much?

I'm assuming in protest at how bad it is that you do not accept any of the benefits provided by the government?
Well iam in us now. But having been here ans seen people who had good jobs in india suffer I want to put out the facts. Canada is best for refugees, and people fro poor countries and where people have problems to life. From a counrty like India its not worth it.

Reactions: zoya.sharma016

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
kum9999 said:
Well iam in us now. But having been here ans seen people who had good jobs in india suffer I want to put out the facts. Canada is best for refugees, and people fro poor countries and where people have problems to life. From a counrty like India its not worth it.
This is rubbish.. I am from Switzerland and I love it here in Canada. I am not going anywhere. It does not matter where you are from, either you make it or you don't.

Reactions: ajkidwai

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
kum9999 said:
Canada is best for refugees, and people fro poor countries and where people have problems to life. From a counrty like India its not worth it.
LOL. Just so you know, India ranks 168/228 countries in terms of GDP per capita. So, it would definitely fall into your "poor countries" definition.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=67

Canada is not just for refugees or people from poor countries. It's economy is one of the largest in the world, and continues to grow. It has produced a number of highly successful, global companies and continues to offer opportunities for all sorts of people. There are numerous examples of immigrants who have come to Canada and made fortunes.

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
kum9999 said:
you must be ***fng ass w*** immigration agent. I agree with shakthi, on the points he has.

300k a house wih a lawn and backyard in Toronto, ha ha U dont get even a 1000 feet condo with 300k in toronto. U r provenDo wrong right here..
U r taking pitchai and nooyi's names. Grow up kid, u dont compare with CEO's or Ambanis.

Schooling system and higher education much better in India, no doubt! U get a broken health care here, to take a blood test or a scanning you have so much waiting time,and for a minor dental you got to spend fng 2000 bucks, I see India much better then this.

I agree only on point of crowding and pollution with you, rest everything is better in India. USA is totally different, better oppurtunites and better pay.

For countires like India, avoid Canada. Live back home is much better, unless you have no option in India do not come to Canada.
This right here is a prime example of why people fail (and then leave resentful comments thinking their failure will happen to everyone).

YOU DON'T EVEN SPEAK THE LANGUAGE CORRECTLY OR BOTHER TO LEARN

INDIA IS WHERE *SOME* PEOPLE GET BY OK, AND THE *MILLIONS* OF OTHER POOR SOULS LIVE IN A LITERAL HELL

The fact that you even compare India and Canada at levels of economy, safety, education,etc. Shows you have no clue what you are talking about... India = 3rd world country

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
The question is not is it worth it, but rather why your are thinking about it. What are you living now that you wish to change. Is it a big enough issue that you want to make the move.

For me it was worth it, but I moved from a country (not india) that I felt my life was actually under siege all the time. I had a great financial life (my own very successful business), however was afraid to go to the shop for fear of being mugged or shot or car jacked, or having my home invaded.

What is your motivation? If you are having a good life where you are, and no other reasons for moving, I would be hesitant, not because canada is not a great place to live, but the challenges associated with changing countries are significant, complicated, and will no doubt but stresses on your that you have not even thought about.

Good luck

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Kateg is right, in my opinion -- the reason to move to Canada is not to become rich, but to live in a decent, safe country where everyone is equal. I was living with my in-laws in Thailand when we emigrated here; they're wealthy, our lives there were easier and better than they are here -- but our street was covered with trash, the schools were terrible, our neighbours were very poor and basically the slaves of the village moneylender, the government was terrible and filled with wealthy crooks, etc.

Would it have been worth it if I had never found a good job? For my kids, yes. For me? Hard to say -- I would probably be kind of bitter if I hadn't. The thing is, when I came to Canada, you could still get a leg up just by coming to Alberta, there were jobs here for EVERYONE then, and many of them were white-collar. That's how I found my first Canadian job, and now I've moved up the ladder and am doing really well. Canada has many options people don't know about; instead of buying an overpriced house, we joined a housing co-op, for example. My career is stable, and we're saving three times more money each month than we ever have before, and became citizens last year. All of this depends quite a bit on luck -- but many of the good things about Canada are for everyone, including those who are not rich. That's the difference between it and a corrupt country.

kum9999

Dec 31, 2014
walterg74 said:
This right here is a prime example of why people fail (and then leave resentful comments thinking their failure will happen to everyone).

YOU DON'T EVEN SPEAK THE LANGUAGE CORRECTLY OR BOTHER TO LEARN

INDIA IS WHERE *SOME* PEOPLE GET BY OK, AND THE *MILLIONS* OF OTHER POOR SOULS LIVE IN A LITERAL HELL

The fact that you even compare India and Canada at levels of economy, safety, education,etc. Shows you have no clue what you are talking about... India = 3rd world country
Iam not an ennglish profeeèssor, DONT WANT TO BE. India 3rd world, ur mistaken nd sick. Come to india and see now, india changed after 1990's.. INDIAN middle class live much bettrr then here.. I saw windsor and parts of toronto, hamilton. indian cities much better then that nd indians live much happier. Canada education no match for private schooling in India..most indians cld affird to send children 2 private schools and no wait tmes 4 medical treatments. I had to say this only bcas u have wrong picture of India. Most Indians who come here go back as they feel India is lot better. USA is different, bigger market better jobs, but think nd be prepared if u want 2 leave good job nd come here.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
kum9999 said:
Iam not an ennglish profeeèssor, DONT WANT TO BE. India 3rd world, ur mistaken nd sick. Come to india and see now, india changed after 1990's.. INDIAN middle class live much bettrr then here.. I saw windsor and parts of toronto, hamilton. indian cities much better then that nd indians live much happier. Canada education no match for private schooling in India..most indians cld affird to send children 2 private schools and no wait tmes 4 medical treatments. I had to say this only bcas u have wrong picture of India. Most Indians who come here go back as they feel India is lot better. USA is different, bigger market better jobs, but think nd be prepared if u want 2 leave good job nd come here.
Based on the grammar in your message alone, I would dispute your claim about the quality of schooling in India being superior to Canadian schools. I would also disagree with the fact that "Most Indians who come here go back as they feel India is a lot better".

Given that you are in the U.S. now, how long did you actually live in Canada? Was it enough time to form such extreme opinions?

nope

Oct 3, 2015
kum9999 said:
The thing is, the things that you describe are not advantages of 'India', because they're restricted to the middle class (or more likely, the wealthy). Look at what the poorest Canadian gets -- free health care, free education, extensive help -- and write here when you think services of that level will be available to EVERY Indian citizen.

Reactions: hamgha

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
torontosm said:
Based on the grammar in your message alone, I would dispute your claim about the quality of schooling in India being superior to Canadian schools. I would also disagree with the fact that "Most Indians who come here go back as they feel India is a lot better".

Given that you are in the U.S. now, how long did you actually live in Canada? Was it enough time to form such extreme opinions?
I have to give you +1 cos you made me laugh with your first point.

Reactions: qureishi

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
kum9999 said:
1. Not sure how describing India as 3rd world is sick?
2. I have been to India, worked and lived there in Delhi. I've lived in Europe, Middle East and Asia. I can say without shadow of a doubt that whilst I had a nice life in India there is no comparison on so many levels between Canada and India.
3. You're comparing free public education with private education - I'm assuming you weren't at a private school?
4. 'most indians cld affird to send children 2 private schools' - you are joking right? According to the World Bank 22% of Indians exist on less than USD 1.25 per day. I assume when you refer to the majority that the other 78% all send their children to private schools or just 51%?

I'm afraid I can't comment on whether 'most Indians' go back to India as I haven't done a survey but I would say that if that's the case then I doubt Canada is losing sleep over it.

Canada wants people who will add to the greater good of the country and add to the general well being and growth. For those born in Canada, I would say they have every right to complain and whinge as they know no better. For those who've moved there's always a plane going the other way and I'm sure a lot of people who'd be happy to wave them off.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Is Canada good?

You pay 25%-40% for tax, to exchange:

(1) the health care system which sorta sucks (but still better than the US);
(2) good school system, which is respected worldwide;
(3) cold weather (which can theoretically and practically kill someone);
(4) cold people in cities (as they tend to ignore everyone except themselves; 20 years ago people are much more friendly and warm);
(5) clean air and safe food; and
(6) never have a chance to be super-rich.

It is your judgment.

Reactions: zoya.sharma016