+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I settle in Canada? Is it worth it?

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
eldeeb780 said:
This what's called a cold hell, the comparison goes exactly like this:
Would you stay in your decent comfortable home country and suffer of its circumstances that affect everybody there and continue with your plans using all the connections you know to build a life?
OR
Come to Canada and work in McDonalds or Tim hortans and live a poor life facing racism and suffering of you own circumstances alone???

This country is not worth a $ to be spent or invest to come and live in it. My sincere advise to everyone is to run away!! this country is extremely racist. We will keep applying for jobs and you will try to do anything to secure food but at the end of the day all doors will shut in your face just because your not white and your name is not John or Micheal.

If you look like them you will pass otherwise if your looks is different than them you will be judged badly in everything you do.
The government wants to come as an eng. or a doctor and then tells you ohhh your qualifications are rubbish!! you can only work here as taxi diver.
Trust me Canadians HATE immigrants its shameful on them to be called an immigrant in the case of a canadian might look like an immigrant.

DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT COME TO CANADA
If you hate it so much in Canada, no one is stopping you from leaving... Right?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
eldeeb780 said:
Would you stay in your decent comfortable home country and suffer of its circumstances that affect everybody there and continue with your plans using all the connections you know to build a life?
OR
Come to Canada and work in McDonalds or Tim hortans and live a poor life facing racism and suffering of you own circumstances alone???

This country is not worth a $ to be spent or invest to come and live in it. My sincere advise to everyone is to run away!! this country is extremely racist. We will keep applying for jobs and you will try to do anything to secure food but at the end of the day all doors will shut in your face just because your not white and your name is not John or Micheal.

If you look like them you will pass otherwise if your looks is different than them you will be judged badly in everything you do.
The government wants to come as an eng. or a doctor and then tells you ohhh your qualifications are rubbish!! you can only work here as taxi diver.
Trust me Canadians HATE immigrants its shameful on them to be called an immigrant in the case of a canadian might look like an immigrant.

i agree with u, but people outside can't understand

Reactions: zoya.sharma016

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
nekeol said:
i agree with u, but people outside can't understand
So if I get this straight, as a white man from England who speaks native English. I'm going to be perfectly fine in Canada?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
COPRQuestion said:
So if I get this straight, as a white man from England who speaks native English. I'm going to be perfectly fine in Canada?
Well, I am perfectly fine in Canada..more than fine, actually :)

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
foodie69 said:
Well, I am perfectly fine in Canada..more than fine, actually :)
I think there's a huge amount of people's suffering from Dick Whittington syndrome. I've also noticed a huge amount of people are making a decision to give up their lives and relocate without even going to Canada.

My advice at a minimum is to actually visit before making such a huge decision.

In my own case I could have applied for PR 5 years ago but I didn't because the circumstances weren't right. I've been to Canada many times, the circumstances are now right. But I'm moving with my eyes wide open to the differences.

Canada is not Hong Kong, India, Pakistan, England etc etc its Canada. If you were born and grew up there not much you can do but look abroad.

If you've moved voluntarily and don't like it, either suck it up or move back.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
COPRQuestion said:
I think there's a huge amount of people's suffering from Dick Whittington syndrome. I've also noticed a huge amount of people are making a decision to give up their lives and relocate whiteout even going to Canada.

My advice at a minimum is to actually visit before making such a huge decision.

In my own case I could have applied for PR 5 years ago but I didn't because the circumstances weren't right. I've been to Canada many times, the circumstances are now right. But I'm moving with my eyes wide open to the differences.

Canada is not Hong Kong, India, Pakistan, England etc etc its Canada. If you were born and grew up there not much you can do but love look abroad.

If you've moved voluntarily and don't like it, either suck it up or move back.
Well said! +1

ommehta

Sep 10, 2015
and THATTTT is THE BEST answer I have read EVER on this FORUM !!!! :))))

loma_linda said:
Is the migration worth it?

-R u a citizen of the country where u presently live?
-Can u get the Nationality of that country, if u r an Expatriate?
-Can u stay/reside till "eternity" in that country?
-Can u do whatever u want there, even if it's not illegal?
-Can u buy a house "in a year" in that country?
-Even if u r less qualified or underemployed, can u think of buying a house?
-Will u get pension after your haytime is past in your current country?
-R u entitled to "unemployment insurance" there?
-Can your children be called First Country Citizens there?
-Can u vote & get to elect your representative at the senate (in 4 yrs.)?
-Would u get to meet your MP - for personal matters?
-Does your child receive Free Education now (& a good one at that)?
-Do u all receive Free Healthcare in that nation (& the best too)?
-Do u like to reside in Asia rather than North Americas?
-Do u believe in equality of man & get it there?
-R u treated at par there alongwith the nationals?
-Can u still hold your head high under dire straits?
-Does the Cop call u "Sir" even while u r being ticketed?
-Can u purchase 50% of your goods there at cheaper rates than here?
-Could u buy a good used Merc in about $12000? And a fairly new one in about $22K?
-Do u get your merchandize locally made or from EU/US, rather than China?
-Can u get homegrown foodstuff (& organic too), not imported?
-Can u be least bothered about landlords increasing your rents?
-Can u be assured about Minimum Wages there?
-Can u go into Collective Bargaining with your employer?
-How about being self-employed, w/out the hassle of owenership/sponsorship?
-Do u receive about $300-500/child as Free Allowance every month?
-If u get disabled (God Forbid), can u call the Public Bus to your home doorstep?
-Can u daily bike to "whispering meadows" & live healthier?
-Does your patio open to natural greenery, all around?
-Can u come to your home basement & catch the Subway, w/out leaving the bldg?
-Can u call the world over in $30/month, unlimited?
-If u r a single lady, will u be assured of safety & opportunities by your Govt?
-Can your wife be assured of Govtl. Support if u pass away (God Forbid) uninsured?

Uhh... I could go on, but u'd be bored & awed further...

If most answers to the above is "Yes"... Then stay on in Dubai.
If 50% of them is "No"... Then Welcome to Canada!

Reactions: EndGame_12345

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
COPRQuestion said:
If you have a reasonable level of skill in a profession that has some degree of demand in your geographic area, it's highly likely you will succeed, should you wish to do so.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
kateg said:
If you have a reasonable level of skill in a profession that has some degree of demand in your geographic area, it's highly likely you will succeed, should you wish to do so.
thanks kateg, my comment was more tongue in cheek but I appreciate the feedback. I'm English but when I was in Canada everyone thought i was Australian

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
eldeeb780 said:
OR

I completely agree with you bro. If you're in hell CANADA, please come back to your home country. And if you're still in your home country, please don't go to CANADA. I couldn't bear your sufferings :( :(

Reactions: ajkidwai

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
COPRQuestion said:
Canada is the best country in the world, only it is not according to expectations, once anyone have more expectations then it is challenge.
finding work is difficult because of immigrants, every year almost 300000 immigrants are coming to Canada then how much jobs can Canada create every year for the immigrants only??
don't think off job or work, otherwise all is fine If you immigrants are bringing funds with them. only expecting work availability like Dubai in Canada is not possible.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Questions to all:-
If 300,000 persons are immigrating every year to Canada, it means at least 80,000 persons needs job/work.

Do you think Canada can create 80,000 jobs a year for only immigrants while Canada has its own population looking for work.

This is only reason where immigrants finds difficulty in finding work/job in Canada while immigrants expect that once they landed they will got job on arrival which is not available for everyone.

Reactions: zoya.sharma016

lieudefroid

Nov 29, 2015
shakti123 said:
My advice, do not come to Canada, it's simply doesn't make any sense to come to Canada leaving a good job in India. If you have any issues or problems in your home country then it make's sense but from a country like India it does not make any sense.

I recently came here leaving a good job in India, I was bitten by Canadian and western life. I got a decent job here in Canada, but still I feel it's not worth it.
Reasons.

1. India has everything what you find here in Canada, the quality of life in India is equally good now. I thought the life will be different here, but it's not lot of different.

What?! Open your eyes buddy. For "you", India might have everything and if thats the case you have to go back. India doesn't have the quality of air/water, quality of government/politics, free healthcare and quality of higher education that one can get in Canada, as few examples.

2. The cost of living has gone up immensely in Canada, even if you make 100000 a year you will be probably saving less then you would have in
India. You can only dream of owning your own house here, with housing costs rocketing.

[font=Verdana]Outside of Toronto/Vancouver/Montreal, good large houses with front lawn and backyard can be bought for 300K CAD, approx 1.5 crore INR. Prices are falling in Calgary and some other towns. [/font]

3. Canada is becoming more crowded, just like India. There are lot and lot of refugees and other people now here. The crime rate and everything
else is almost similar to India. The roads are bad in some areas and here even highways have traffic jams.

Crime rate similar to India? Look it up. And thanks for proving that rest of your comments are also bullshit.

4. You will start to miss your family, life and friends back home...even if you want to you will not be able to move back because you would have
bid good bye's to everone and your pride prevents you from going back for some time.. If you are fields like IT, once you are here it will be
almost impossible to get a good job in India again for your experience.

Pride prevents you from going back? Grow-up dude. Swallow your pride and ego. Accept your mistakes if you made a wrong decision. Don't be miserable and do what makes you happy. Consult a shrink for godssakes.

5. Private and international schools in India are lot better then here, if you have kids do not leave the high quality of education back home, here the
education is free but standard is very less then India.

Standard of education is less than in India? So you are comparing Indian government primary and high schools with the respective Canadian public primary and high schools? And Indian universities with Canadian Universities?

And if you do not get job, which is usually the case with new immigrants, you will be in tremendous misery. There are people who have left great jobs and came here and not finding a job went into depression bearing this cold climate.

If you do not get a job, that means your skills need improvement. In the Canada and the US, skills are valued and expertise is respected. Satya Nadella, Sundar Pichai are CEOs of their companies. There are many immigrants in leadership positions in Canadian govt and private sector as well. OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES

My sincere advice, stay back in India if you have a govt job or a good job.... It's just not worth coming here. You can come here only if the conditions back home are bad and have no option, and from growing countries like India it's simply not worth it.
You need to grow up. My suggestion to you is "please go back to India and it will help you open your eyes and to grow up".

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
I view this entire thing of moving to a new country slightly differently, there is no general answer why ppl immigrate "some do it out of sheer frustration" "some out of lack of opportunities" "some to earn more money" "some for better quality of life" etc ....
Finding work in a new country would always be a challenge and specially for ppl who are not doing well in their home country ... how can you expect your self to land a lovely job in a foreign country when you are struggling in you home country ........ this as per me in the biggest question one has to ask him self before immigrating.... if you confident and good in your job then certainly you will find a job probably one or two level lower to begin with and get back to your level within 12 -18 mts

But if you struggle in your home country then the chances are you would continue to struggle in a new country and probably worse ....

my 1.5 cents ........... :D :D