+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

yang121

Newbie
Sep 29, 2026
1
0
Hi everyone,

I'm a 34-year-old Algerian software engineer, married with 2 kids, and I'm considering immigrating to Canada.

For those who have moved to Canada, especially from Algeria:

- Is it worth it in 2026?

- How is the job market for software engineers?

- Which city would you recommend for a family in terms of jobs, cost of living, and quality of life?

I'd really appreciate honest experiences and advice. Thanks!
 
1. Don't move if you don't have a job offer. Only you know if it is worth it for your quality of living.
2. No jobs
3. What is your budget? Are you buying a house? Car? Do you want to live in a city or small town?
 
Hi everyone,

I'm a 34-year-old Algerian software engineer, married with 2 kids, and I'm considering immigrating to Canada.

For those who have moved to Canada, especially from Algeria:

- Is it worth it in 2026?

- How is the job market for software engineers?

- Which city would you recommend for a family in terms of jobs, cost of living, and quality of life?

I'd really appreciate honest experiences and advice. Thanks!

Assume you know French so your best and likely only option to get PR would be through the Francophone program out of Quebec. That would mean you need to settle outside of Quebec. The majority of software engineering jobs outside Quebec are in southern Ontario and the greater Vancouver area. There are some opportunities in other locations but not the majority of jobs. The jobs tend to be located in areas where the cost of living is higher. In general there are a lot of unemployed software engineers in North America these days. Things have gotten slightly better than a few years ago.