+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I tried I am unable to link☹

One of my friends OWP application was returned as he did not include his wife's employment letter.

I have included the employment letter of my wife in PR application not in OWP. How about everyone here?
If you are applying for a spousal OWP, I'm very positive you don't need to include your wife's employment letter. Those seem to be needed if you are the spouse or common law partner of a temporary resident with an open work permit. IE, we're all married/partnered to PRs or citizens, so we would not need to provide anything for them.

The only documents I provided (which were already provided in the PR app) were:
1. Passport
2. Photocopy of my current OWP (should be whatever your status document is; visitor visa, stamped passport, whatever)
3. Photocopy of our marriage certificate

Was your friend applying for an inland spousal OWP?

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
If you are applying for a spousal OWP, I'm very positive you don't need to include your wife's employment letter. Those seem to be needed if you are the spouse or common law partner of a temporary resident with an open work permit. IE, we're all married/partnered to PRs or citizens, so we would not need to provide anything for them.

The only documents I provided (which were already provided in the PR app) were:
1. Passport
2. Photocopy of my current OWP (should be whatever your status document is; visitor visa, stamped passport, whatever)
3. Photocopy of our marriage certificate

Was your friend applying for an inland spousal OWP?
Thanks for the response. That is making me feel good.

That's not inland sponsorship. He is in his country.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hi,

I was trying to link my OWP, but could not so far. Those who have linked, could you please help?

Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Spouse or Common-in-law partner of a skilled worker or Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada. Which one I should choose? and please share the combination that worked.

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
No group for October Inland Applications yet, so thought I'd join this one!
PR/OWP Application sent: October 11
Wait on AOR..
My husband is applying inland just as visitor from US, but every time he was re-entering would say he's visiting me.. always went back every couple months to visit family so was never an issue of staying more than 6 months. Last time he re-entered was October 9..
Now that application is in, is there any possibility for us to travel to US and back? We'd wait until OWP was processed, but even then, are there issues re-entering/is it worth the risk?
If anyone has any input at all that would be extremely helpful! I'm pregnant and due in March so super nervous about him leaving and potentialy not being able to re-enter!

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Hi,

I was trying to link my OWP, but could not so far. Those who have linked, could you please help?

Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Spouse or Common-in-law partner of a skilled worker or Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada. Which one I should choose? and please share the combination that worked.
Use "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada".

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Hi,

This is what worked for me:

Program
  • Category: Temporary Residence
  • Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
Application Details
  • Selection: UCI and Family Name
  • UCI: Your (Primary Applicant's) UCI (This is the UCI that was used for your Visitor Visa, NOT the new UCI that you received for the Sponsorship Application)
  • Family Name: Fill in your (Principal Applicant's) last name (Some recommend that you use the same case as you typed it in the application i.e. UPPERCASE or Lowercase)
Applicant's Personal Information
  • Selection: Passport - Fill in your (Principal Applicant's) passport details.
Details of Intended Work in Canada
  • Work Permit Type: Open (initial application or extension)
Information about the applicant's work in Canada
  • Current Country of Residence: Canada (as you are an Inland applicant)
  • Current Marital Status: Married / Common Law (as you are applying for spousal sponsorship
  • Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.
Note - If it does not work, that does not mean it is rejected. It may just be that they haven't entered the data into the system as yet. Just keep trying.

I'm rooting for you, because your application is what I'm using to track timelines for us September folk. :)

All the best.

Reactions: Manny777

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Wait on AOR..
My husband is applying inland just as visitor from US, but every time he was re-entering would say he's visiting me.. always went back every couple months to visit family so was never an issue of staying more than 6 months. Last time he re-entered was October 9..
Now that application is in, is there any possibility for us to travel to US and back? We'd wait until OWP was processed, but even then, are there issues re-entering/is it worth the risk?
If anyone has any input at all that would be extremely helpful! I'm pregnant and due in March so super nervous about him leaving and potentialy not being able to re-enter!
In the search bar enter "Inland Spousal Sponsorship leaving Canada". You'll find a lot of threads dealing with this topic. In a nutshell though, there is nothing inherently wrong with leaving for a 'short' time. It's just that there is no guarantee that you'd be let back in, but one can assume you would be - especially if you're travelling with your spouse. That said, I personally have opted not to take the chance. This is so even though my Visitor Visa expires in 9 years.

Basically you need to do a risk assessment - pros and cons. Determine whether the benefits (or necessity) of the trip outweigh the probability of the risk.

Btw, if you haven't already, please feel free to enter you details on the Inland OCT tab of the spreadsheet at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=249911375

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Wait on AOR..
Here's the October 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2019-inland-spousal-sponsorship.656819/

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Any mid September applicants got OWP? I am worried as I still cannot link my application.
I haven't even seen any early September applicants get OWP. A few of us have merely been able to link the application (as you can see on the spreadsheet). September OWP should be soon though. A few 28th August folks got their approved OWP last week on the 6th and 7th November.

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
I haven't even seen any early September applicants get OWP. A few of us have merely been able to link the application (as you can see on the spreadsheet). September OWP should be soon though. A few 28th August folks got their approved OWP last week on the 6th and 7th November.
I just now managed to link it!

Reactions: TriniKRN