+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Romesha

Aug 5, 2019
Good morning everyone, I have a question regarding dependent's.

My daughter is 21 years old,22 next year and I would like her and my smallest daughter to accompany me ?

Does my 21 year old daughter have to be a full time student? To qualify.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
This is what worked for me:

Program
  • Category: Temporary Residence
  • Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
Application Details
  • Selection: UCI and Family Name
  • UCI: Your (Primary Applicant's) UCI (This is the UCI that was used for your Visitor Visa, NOT the new UCI that you received for the Sponsorship Application)
  • Family Name: Fill in your (Principal Applicant's) last name (Some recommend that you use the same case as you typed it in the application i.e. UPPERCASE or Lowercase)
Applicant's Personal Information
  • Selection: Passport - Fill in your (Principal Applicant's) passport details.
Details of Intended Work in Canada
  • Work Permit Type: Open (initial application or extension)
Information about the applicant's work in Canada
  • Current Country of Residence: Canada (as you are an Inland applicant)
  • Current Marital Status: Married / Common Law (as you are applying for spousal sponsorship
  • Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.
Note - If it does not work, that does not mean it is rejected. It may just be that they haven't entered the data into the system as yet. Just keep trying.

I'm rooting for you, because your application is what I'm using to track timelines for us September folk. :)

All the best.
Thanks a lot. I was able to link the application. All these days, I was using the UCI received for sponsorship, that's where I was going wrong.

Now, I have questions.. It says as Application type as 'Online application'? Does it shows that way for everyone? However the PR application type says as permanent Residency. I have sent the OWP as paper application along with the PR application. Also the date received shows "August 30", I posted my application only in the 1st week of September.

Someone please say something.

Reactions: TriniKRN

Megan B

Mar 20, 2019
Thanks a lot. I was able to link the application. All these days, I was using the UCI received for sponsorship, that's where I was going wrong.

Now, I have questions.. It says as Application type as 'Online application'? Does it shows that way for everyone? However the PR application type says as permanent Residency. I have sent the OWP as paper application along with the PR application. Also the date received shows "August 30", I posted my application only in the 1st week of September.

Mine also says “online application” and has a date ~1 week earlier than the date my app was received. No idea what it means but you’re not alone.

Reactions: Manny777

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Mine also says “online application” and has a date ~1 week earlier than the date my app was received. No idea what it means but you’re not alone.
Oh. That's a relief. Thanks for your response.

Is that similar for everyone who has linked?

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019

Congrats Manny777.

I think its a small point applicants often seem to forget. The Canadian citizen/PR is applying to be a sponsor while the Principal Applicant is applying for the Open Work Permit. I think its because normally one of the persons in the relationship is normally doing all the work of compiling and combining the whole package, that that person thinks he/she is the sole applicant.

Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, I am closely monitoring your record with keen interest, as you are the earliest very active September applicant. If the processing times of the mid to late October OWP Approvals for the August cohort holds over to us, I expect to see your approval this coming week.

All the best. :)

Reactions: Manny777

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Hi guys,
Did any September applicant received their WOP?

I was able to link all my application but nothing yet regarding WOP. Application was received on 18 Sept.

Thanks

Megan B

Mar 20, 2019
Hi guys,
Did any September applicant received their WOP?

I was able to link all my application but nothing yet regarding WOP. Application was received on 18 Sept.

Thanks

Doesn’t seem any of us September applicants have gotten OWP yet. I noticed that a few people from April and June seem to have just gotten theirs; wonder if they’re trying to clear out a backlog of older apps before processing newer ones?

Reactions: PeteErin

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Haven't been able to link my OWP...Trying to be patient but feeling a little antsy it's not linking! Ah well...
I was also in the same situation. Finally linked based on the instructions shared, in this forum. Check the posts shared earlier to link the OWP application, if you didn't see that.

All the best for linking and don't worry, linking is just for us to follow.. doesn't matter much. I have seen few have got OWP approval email in PA's email ID even without linking.

Reactions: simoneleah

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Doesn’t seem any of us September applicants have gotten OWP yet. I noticed that a few people from April and June seem to have just gotten theirs; wonder if they’re trying to clear out a backlog of older apps before processing newer ones?
August end applicants were receiving OWP last week. So hoping we might start getting by this week.

Fingers crossed. I am one among September 1st week applicant. Checking my email and the CIC page and waiting.

Reactions: TriniKRN

Megan B

Mar 20, 2019
August end applicants were receiving OWP last week. So hoping we might start getting by this week.

Fingers crossed. I am one among September 1st week applicant. Checking my email and the CIC page and waiting.

The latest one I’m seeing in the August tab was approved Nov 7, while the April and June tabs show a couple OWPs approved between Nov 8-15. Just thought that was interesting. I hope you’re right about September applicants seeing theirs this week! Good luck :)

Reactions: PeteErin

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
The latest one I’m seeing in the August tab was approved Nov 7, while the April and June tabs show a couple OWPs approved between Nov 8-15. Just thought that was interesting. I hope you’re right about September applicants seeing theirs this week! Good luck :)
That's a good observation. May be they are sending out pending ones.

It's tough waiting