+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Hi everyone!

I have a question. I am in the midst of filling out Spousal sponsorship forms (Inland), and I'm currently on form IMMM0008 (GenericApplication Form For Canada).

I'm confused with Question 10. and 11. re. Current Country of Residence. I am visiting in Toronto, and have included Canada as current country of residence, and status as Visitor. But the dates of From & To are confusing. I have been to Toronto in 2017 for 2 weeks, then again in Feb 2019 for 3 months, then I was back in July 2019, got married in October 2019, and went out of Canada on 17th Oct for my honeymoon, and returned back to Canada on the 24th of October. Which dates should I include? Terribly confused! Also, what date should I include in the To*? Please help!!

Romesha

Aug 5, 2019
Hi everyone!

I have a question about the AOR, once you receive the AOR does it mean that your application is complete and they haven't find any fault with it and if they do find fault how long before you receive back the application?
Also does my dependent's have to do an interview as well?

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone!

I have a question. I am in the midst of filling out Spousal sponsorship forms (Inland), and I'm currently on form IMMM0008 (GenericApplication Form For Canada).

I'm confused with Question 10. and 11. re. Current Country of Residence. I am visiting in Toronto, and have included Canada as current country of residence, and status as Visitor. But the dates of From & To are confusing. I have been to Toronto in 2017 for 2 weeks, then again in Feb 2019 for 3 months, then I was back in July 2019, got married in October 2019, and went out of Canada on 17th Oct for my honeymoon, and returned back to Canada on the 24th of October. Which dates should I include? Terribly confused! Also, what date should I include in the To*? Please help!!
These dates are for your most current status/entry in Canada . Your current visitor status started on October 24th. In the 'To' field you can write April 23, 2020 (visitor status is valid for 6 months if your passport is not stamped on entry). If your passport was stamped, write the date mentioned on your passport.

Reactions: TriniKRN

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hi everyone!

I have a question about the AOR, once you receive the AOR does it mean that your application is complete and they haven't find any fault with it and if they do find fault how long before you receive back the application?
Also does my dependent's have to do an interview as well?
If you receive AOR, it's highly unlikely that they will return your application outright. They might ask for additional documents, but it's basically the confirmation that you signed everything and included the necessary documents/payments.

To get it returned seems to depend. No one in September has gotten it returned this round, but I've heard of people having it returned days after they expected AOR, to up to a month after.

There have been some instances of applications being returned after receiving AOR unfortunately, but they seem to be far and few between.

Reactions: Megan B

Romesha

Aug 5, 2019
If you receive AOR, it's highly unlikely that they will return your application outright. They might ask for additional documents, but it's basically the confirmation that you signed everything and included the necessary documents/payments.

To get it returned seems to depend. No one in September has gotten it returned this round, but I've heard of people having it returned days after they expected AOR, to up to a month after.

There have been some instances of applications being returned after receiving AOR unfortunately, but they seem to be far and few between.
Thank you, that was really helpful

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Has anyone on from September that has received aor received request to biometrics and medical as yet?
Judging by the spreadsheet, folks from June are currently receiving their requests for medicals. There seams to be a 3 month turnaround from AOR to Medical Requested.

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Hi guys.,
Just a quick update. After 7 days from our AOR I was finally able to link my WOP to our account, using UCI number and family name.

I hope within a month to get our WOP.

Good luck guys,

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
you will get email if you link your OWP in gckey.. Did you try to link it?
I tried I am unable to link☹

One of my friends OWP application was returned as he did not include his wife's employment letter.

I have included the employment letter of my wife in PR application not in OWP. How about everyone here?