+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

SurajRam

Jan 8, 2019
Hello, I have a query. Back to my September AOR group because trust you all the most.

My CoPR expires on 20 Sep 2019. Would it be safe to travel to canada for the first itme on Sep 1st? PR issuance will take a further 2-3 months. By that time my CoPR would be expired already. Would my stay, because of expired CoPR and pending PR, be illegal? Just trying to gain clarity so I dont make any mistakes. Will appreciate help.

Also any email address or contact number where I can get an official reply/acknowledgement on this?

Thanks for help!! Sorry I am alone so confused on things. Will appreciate help.
My reply is solely based on what I've read and understood from online material and friends in Canada. To answer if it is safe to land on 1st, the only problem I see is that as it is very close to the expiration of your medicals, I have read that landing officer might ask you to get your medicals done again. I don't know much on how one can go about this at an airport. Senior members here can give you more clarity.

Regarding PR issuance taking 2-3 months, yes the card issuance takes that much time. However, you become a PR, the day you land. During landing there is this other number (kindly check what it is called) that is issued to you through which you can go ahead and open your bank accounts and register for your health insurance (though places like Ontario take like 3 months time for it to kick in, that is one might have to have a private insurance for those 3 months if living in that province). So as you are already a PR, your stay will not be illegal.

Between landing and PR card arrival, the place you might face issue is if you leave Canada. You will need your PR card to fly back as your visa will not be valid anymore to board the flight. But at all ports of entry in Canada, the Copr is recognised, so returning by land from US or should you hold a passport form a country with on arrival visa for Canada, this should not be a problem while you wait for you PR card.

Nsm86

Feb 8, 2019
Hello, I have a query. Back to my September AOR group because trust you all the most.

My CoPR expires on 20 Sep 2019. Would it be safe to travel to canada for the first itme on Sep 1st? PR issuance will take a further 2-3 months. By that time my CoPR would be expired already. Would my stay, because of expired CoPR and pending PR, be illegal? Just trying to gain clarity so I dont make any mistakes. Will appreciate help.

Also any email address or contact number where I can get an official reply/acknowledgement on this?

Thanks for help!! Sorry I am alone so confused on things. Will appreciate help.
Hi..how many days did it take for visa stamping?..which visa office did u sent your passport?

SurajRam

Jan 8, 2019
Hi Guys,

I've have a question. I'm Sept 6th AOR and still in IP1 crossed the 6month mark. Tried calling and emailing CIC and no reply yet.

Having said that, I also have a job interview potentially scheduled in early April 2019. Considering, the PR isn't granted until then?

Should I be able to get a tourist visa for the interview atleast? And anyone has any ideas of timelines for a tourist visa?

Thanks again!
I had a similar question and had asked the IRCC agent over call. She had mentioned something like 'Dual Intent' and had sent me an email. Find the content enclosed here. She said, that during the application as well as at the immigration in Canada, you should mention to the officer that you PR application is under process and assure that you will leave the country as per your temporary visa's validity.

"

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2019-01-23

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Applying for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

For a leisure trip, visiting family, studying or working: there are plenty of reasons to come to Canada temporarily. Your first step will be to verify whether you need a TRV or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Submitting your application

• If you need a TRV, you can apply online or by mail. When applying by mail, we recommend reading the instruction guide first. It will provide you all necessary information to complete and submit your application.

• If you need an eTA, you can apply online.
Work or study permits

If you have applied for a study or work permit to come to Canada temporarily, and you also need a TRV, you do not have to make a separate application or payment. An officer will issue you a TRV at the same time.

Transit through Canada

You may need a transit visa if you are from a TRV-required country and:

• Your international flight stops at a Canadian airport on its way to another country, or
  • You will be connecting between two international flights at a Canadian airport.
We invite you to consult the Transit through Canada page on our website to find out if you need a transit visa and how to apply.

What is dual intent

You may want to seek entry to Canada for a temporary purpose while having a longer term intention to apply for permanent residence in Canada. If this is the case, you will have to satisfy the officer that you are a bona fide temporary resident and that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.

Dual intent is when:

• You have an application for permanent residence in process and you plan to come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker while the application is in process,
or

• You intend to apply for permanent residence and you plan to come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker before you submit your application.
In both cases, it is important to demonstrate to the officer at the visa office and/or at the Canadian port of entry that you will leave Canada by the end of your authorized stay:

• To wait for the decision to be made on your application for permanent residence,
  • To apply for permanent residence from outside the country, or
  • Because your permanent residence application has been refused.
For more information, please consult the dual intention page on our website

Processing Times - Economic Class

Please visit the processing times page on our website to obtain the estimated time it will take to process a permanent residence application in the economic class.

Useful tips

• The processing times are approximate and vary depending on each case. They are based on how long it took to process 80% of cases.

• If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

• If you sent the application by traceable means (Xpress post, courier, registered mail) and you would like to verify when it was received, please contact the postal service provider.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you:

Thank you, "

Reactions: arnabsaha

arnabsaha

Mar 1, 2019
I had a similar question and had asked the IRCC agent over call. She had mentioned something like 'Dual Intent' and had sent me an email. Find the content enclosed here. She said, that during the application as well as at the immigration in Canada, you should mention to the officer that you PR application is under process and assure that you will leave the country as per your temporary visa's validity.

"

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2019-01-23

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Applying for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

For a leisure trip, visiting family, studying or working: there are plenty of reasons to come to Canada temporarily. Your first step will be to verify whether you need a TRV or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Submitting your application

• If you need a TRV, you can apply online or by mail. When applying by mail, we recommend reading the instruction guide first. It will provide you all necessary information to complete and submit your application.

• If you need an eTA, you can apply online.
Work or study permits

If you have applied for a study or work permit to come to Canada temporarily, and you also need a TRV, you do not have to make a separate application or payment. An officer will issue you a TRV at the same time.

Transit through Canada

You may need a transit visa if you are from a TRV-required country and:

• Your international flight stops at a Canadian airport on its way to another country, or
  • You will be connecting between two international flights at a Canadian airport.
We invite you to consult the Transit through Canada page on our website to find out if you need a transit visa and how to apply.

What is dual intent

You may want to seek entry to Canada for a temporary purpose while having a longer term intention to apply for permanent residence in Canada. If this is the case, you will have to satisfy the officer that you are a bona fide temporary resident and that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.

Dual intent is when:

• You have an application for permanent residence in process and you plan to come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker while the application is in process,
or

• You intend to apply for permanent residence and you plan to come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker before you submit your application.
In both cases, it is important to demonstrate to the officer at the visa office and/or at the Canadian port of entry that you will leave Canada by the end of your authorized stay:

• To wait for the decision to be made on your application for permanent residence,
  • To apply for permanent residence from outside the country, or
  • Because your permanent residence application has been refused.
For more information, please consult the dual intention page on our website

Processing Times - Economic Class

Please visit the processing times page on our website to obtain the estimated time it will take to process a permanent residence application in the economic class.

Useful tips

• The processing times are approximate and vary depending on each case. They are based on how long it took to process 80% of cases.

• If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

• If you sent the application by traceable means (Xpress post, courier, registered mail) and you would like to verify when it was received, please contact the postal service provider.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you:

Thank you, "
Thanks SurajRam

Reactions: SurajRam

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
Well they said my said my is still CPC Ottawa...or can it be taken out and brought back again ? And I did ordered gcms note same yesterday... Awaiting reply in month time ..but could that actually be possible .. Plz share your idea
It could be that your visa office changed. At times when this happens the eligibility goes back to Not Started. Only your gcms can give you a true picture of your status.

Reemahabitat

Jun 1, 2018
My reply is solely based on what I've read and understood from online material and friends in Canada. To answer if it is safe to land on 1st, the only problem I see is that as it is very close to the expiration of your medicals, I have read that landing officer might ask you to get your medicals done again. I don't know much on how one can go about this at an airport. Senior members here can give you more clarity.

Regarding PR issuance taking 2-3 months, yes the card issuance takes that much time. However, you become a PR, the day you land. During landing there is this other number (kindly check what it is called) that is issued to you through which you can go ahead and open your bank accounts and register for your health insurance (though places like Ontario take like 3 months time for it to kick in, that is one might have to have a private insurance for those 3 months if living in that province). So as you are already a PR, your stay will not be illegal.

Between landing and PR card arrival, the place you might face issue is if you leave Canada. You will need your PR card to fly back as your visa will not be valid anymore to board the flight. But at all ports of entry in Canada, the Copr is recognised, so returning by land from US or should you hold a passport form a country with on arrival visa for Canada, this should not be a problem while you wait for you PR card.

Thank you for guidance! much appreciated

Reactions: SurajRam

Gayathri Seshanjali

Jan 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

My Aor is Sep30th
Medical passed on Oct 30th
From then no update
Not even my background check has started
When can I expect any update on my profile as estimated completion date is showing Mar 30th

Hockeyboysinghisking

Jan 6, 2019
Hi Guys,

My Aor is Sep30th
Medical passed on Oct 30th
From then no update
Not even my background check has started
When can I expect any update on my profile as estimated completion date is showing Mar 30th
My timelines are same as well. Were you asked to pay RPRF till now or did you pay that upfront? I have ordered GCMS on 23rd. Have you?

Gayathri Seshanjali

Jan 10, 2018
I am from india. I paid rprf upfront . I ordered and received gcms notes on 8th Feb. In that also my security checks are pending no specific reason not listed for delay.
Did u pay rprf or did they ask u to pay

Hockeyboysinghisking

Jan 6, 2019
I am from india. I paid rprf upfront . I ordered and received gcms notes on 8th Feb. In that also my security checks are pending no specific reason not listed for delay.
Did u pay rprf or did they ask u to pay
I did not pay RPRF initially and was asked to pay on Nov 10. I am in IP1 with Eligibility MET, no security started yet.

Hockeyboysinghisking

Jan 6, 2019
Do you know when your eligibility was met? Just curious if that coincided with the RPRF request.
I need to see that on my GCMS notes. I am thinking that would have been when I was asked to pay RPRF but not certain. What is your eligibility as per GCMS? I am expecting GCMS thing month. Most of September eligibility MET cases are stuck in IP1. Not sure what is going on.