+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
hopefully, your application must be approved by now. call cic to check your status.
I did email london VO, and below was their reply,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that Eligibility has now been passed for your file. The interviewing Visa Officer in charge of your file has decided that background checks are now required. Background checks are currently ongoing. We are unable to advise when these checks will be completed as they are conducted in Canada and unfortunately our office is in no position to expedite them. Background checks may take up to more than six months sometimes, however, rest assured that our office continues to monitor the situation and requests frequent updates from the office in charge of these checks.

We appreciate your patience during this process.

SurajRam

Jan 8, 2019
i have same status as yours regarding eligibility, criminality and security. what is RR for?
I don't know. My gcms notes is due in a week. That should give me clarity. My case is a bit complicated with my own company (self employed). Keeping fingers crossed.

Automaton

Mar 8, 2019
I have been a silent reader of this forum for months and have been finding it very helpful on this journey. I have found my application times to be quite similar to @Babybae and @dodogirl. I am still waiting for the PPR. I wonder if this is the case for most September Applicants from Africa. Timeline in Below:

AOR: Sept 7
Meds Passed/Biometric Request: Oct 1
Biometrics Completed: Oct 3
RPRF Request: Nov 18
RPRF Paid: Nov 19
IP2 to IP1: 1st week of November
IP1 to IP2: 2nd Week of December

Ottawa Visa Office
No update since

Last edited:

RanaHamed

Feb 28, 2019
I have heard that cases with problems are sent to Etobicoke VO. Whether there are applicants at Etobicoke who got PPR?
Stereotype! Assignment of applications is generally based on work load distribution. Applicants from etobicoke office are getting ppr just like any other office, however, their processing time is longer than others!

arnabsaha

Mar 1, 2019
Hi Guys,

I've have a question. I'm Sept 6th AOR and still in IP1 crossed the 6month mark. Tried calling and emailing CIC and no reply yet.

Having said that, I also have a job interview potentially scheduled in early April 2019. Considering, the PR isn't granted until then?

Should I be able to get a tourist visa for the interview atleast? And anyone has any ideas of timelines for a tourist visa?

Thanks again!

dans

Sep 13, 2018
I got a ghost update this morning but no message, no email. Do you have an idea what's the timing expectation for a message?
AOR Sep 27, IP1 Oct20

hd1986

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Would you be able to get a skype interview instead?

Im also on the 6month mark already, and I was wondering if securing a job would hasten the process? Or if it was possible to secure a job without the PR or right to work?

Goodluck on your application for visa and work too!

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
I have been a silent reader of this forum for months and have been finding it very helpful on this journey. I have found my application times to be quite similar to @Babybae and @dodogirl. I am still waiting for the PPR. I wonder if this is the case for most September Applicants from Africa. Timeline in Below:

AOR: Sept 7
Meds Passed/Biometric Request: Oct 1
Biometrics Completed: Oct 3
RPRF Request: Nov 18
RPRF Paid: Nov 19
IP2 to IP1: 1st week of November
IP1 to IP2: 2nd Week of December

Ottawa Visa Office
No update since
From which country are you? Courage and patience...

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I wonder if Background checks really take 6 months... that’s almost like going into SS.
Background may refer to both criminality and security. I don't think they can do these two in LVO. They need to wait for results from CBSA and RCMP, etc.
However, everyone has to pass some security. It does not mean that you are under SS. Only GCMS and CBSA notes can verify

Reactions: artificial.nocturne