+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

Calvados

Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mary2009 said:
Is it normal that I don't see any update in my eCas?
Application received: 17 September 2014
I see from the signature that you received AOR in the e-mail. From what I read on this forum (in this thread and others) is that those getting AOR in the e-mail will see their eCAS updated in January as CIC is upgrading the system or something.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calvados said:
I see from the signature that you received AOR in the e-mail. From what I read on this forum (in this thread and others) is that those getting AOR in the e-mail will see their eCAS updated in January as CIC is upgrading the system or something.
Oh I see!
I thought all AOR are the same... so now I see that those with EMAIL AOR are treated differently?
a bit slower may be... not sure why? ;D

Part of my process was electornic (sending by email, not mail)... so not sure why this should take longer to update into eCAS?

ahh, may be its because of the new system!

anyway... lets wait and see... no rush 8)
Thanks,

Mary

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks yr97 ..
It looks that my case belongs to that thread you've referred to.

Mary

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
Mary2009 said:
Thanks yr97 ..
It looks that my case belongs to that thread you've referred to.

Mary
Same with my son's application, no ecas update yet since he received AOR by email on Nov. 20, 2014 which acknowledges receipt of application on Sept. 16th.

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC (1-888-24202100) options 1-1-5-1 (skipping the first option : Press 1 for french)

You'll hear a message (as of today) that all applications sent after Sep 5th 2014 are not yet updated.
However I decided to talk to the agent.
After giving them all my information, the agent told me that the letter was sent yesterday.

Note: I haven't received any emails yet.

I sent my papers on Sep 25th, Received in Sydney on Sep 26th (Purolator)

Good luck to you all.

MMJK

Nov 27, 2014
Hi guys

I got an AOR in mid-November. I have been trying to check the status of my application since then but this is what shows up on the screen... Does anyone know what this means?

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
machan said:
Hi guys
My received line just disappeared and its kind a quick just 8 days after they started my processing.
anyone else experienced this?
thanks

Date Sent : 25-SEP-2014
Application Received: 28-SEP-2014
Processing Started:17-NOV-2014
eCAS updated:
AOR in Mailbox:
Rcvd Line disappeared:25-NOV-2014
Test:
Oath:
Whats the story with Received Line?
I sent my application on Sept 28, regular mail, and my online access got enabled on Nov 20 with two lines, one "Received" and one "In Process".
On 25th, Received line (in fact it was a link) disappeared and is only link "In Process" that is saying:
" Citizenship

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 7, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 7, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 17, 2014.
"

My wife online from beginning had only one line, In Process.

HOP

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03/24/10
File Transfer...
05/26/10
Med's Request
10/08/10
Med's Done....
10/18/10
Passport Req..
11/04/10
VISA ISSUED...
28/06/11
LANDED..........
20/09/11
I gave CIC a ring yesterday because I want to inform that we are going to be out of the country for a month next year but the agent told me he cant put a note in my application, its too soon. they have sent AOR and process application received until September 5, 2014 yet.

sent: 22 September
received by CIC: 25 Sept

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
yr97 said:
1. They haven't sent the book on September 19th, they usually send it on the processing day.. So November 13th.. This is just probably some automated message that needs to be fixed.
2. If every thing goes smooth, test (3-5 months), and then oath (0-6 months).. If not, they might require an RQ, a "mini-RQ", or fingerprint request. In all cases, you application should be finished in less than a year.
I believe my processing is following a sequence explained by yr97. I happened to check my e-cas today morning(via online) and found the received line is gone. So I guess, it is moved to local office in Mississauga? What is the timeline from here any idea? I am planning to go to my home country coming March-2015!!

Question: I had to apply for my new passport last month(after 2 months of sending this citizenship application) - as it was close to expiry. Do they find out about it? Do I send the new passport information upfront or should I wait for them to ask me? Or if they dont ask me anything, I should just carry it in Citizenship Interview?

Thx

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My eCAS just activated on 26 Nov and received line had already disappeared. :eek: I hope it is not RQ. :'(I only left Canada 7 days for vacation.

Date Sent: 22-Sep-2014
Date Received: 26-Sep-2014
eCAS updated:26-Nov-2014
Processing Started: 18-Nov-2014
Received line disappeared: 29-Nov-2014

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When the "Received" line disappears... does this mean an RQ is on the way?

thnx
Mary

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mary2009 said:
When the "Received" line disappears... does this mean an RQ is on the way?

thnx
Mary
usually it means either an RQ or a local office transfer..