+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Hi, for those of you who will be applying for citizenship this September 2014, please, post your dates here.

I will send my application this Septmeber 2nd.

bkhan37

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Hey,
I'm sending my application Sept 8th.
I have a question, for the two pieces of personal identification, is it ok if I just send passport copy and Health card? I don't have a driving license. I'm confused because they are already asking for the biographical pages of the passports, so the two pieces of ID needs be in addition to the passport, or not?

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
I dont know if the heath card counts, I dont have a driver's license either, so I am sending a Photo Id card, which is card you get in Ontario when you don't drive. ´

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Health Card counts.. this is what the guide says:
Two (2) pieces of personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:

a Canadian driver’s licence
a Canadian health insurance card
a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.
If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification.

Format: Clear and legible photocopy

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4

Goodluck! 8)

venecolano said:
I dont know if the heath card counts, I dont have a driver's license either, so I am sending a Photo Id card, which is card you get in Ontario when you don't drive. ´

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application due date is also in September.
I'm gathering the required papers now and have a question regarding the translation of document.
The translation was made in other country (Ukraine) certified by public notary.
Will it be considered an affidavit for the purposes of complying with CIC requirements?
Here is the quote from the CIC guide:

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Hello Guys

My application was received by CIC on September 8'2014. I have applied from Calgary.

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

Previously Submitted my application & Received by CIC on July 21st,2014. Received my Incomplete application on Sept 10th due to Photographs not stamped by the Studio. Resended application on Sept 11th. Received by CIC on Sept 12th,2014.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

I have previously submitted my citizenship application on July 9th. Application was sent back to me due to incomplete language requirements as I did not include my official transcripts of my University. Resubmitted today 9/12/2014.
Best of luck to everyone applying for their citizenship

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Sent my application the 10th of this month.
How long does it take for CIC to update my account info?
thanks

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
IRCANADA said:
Hey,

I have previously submitted my citizenship application on July 9th. Application was sent back to me due to incomplete language requirements as I did not include my official transcripts of my University. Resubmitted today 9/12/2014.
Best of luck to everyone applying for their citizenship
Hello could you please tell me when was it sent back to you or when did you receive it?

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Well, I made a mistake in my application. I did not fill the form "how to calculate residence" with the countries I visited and the reason of the trips. I remembered that I had missed this like one day after I had sent the application. So, I just sent a new application, which was received yesterday. I hope everything goes well and I can have good news soon.

Good luck everyone.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

My application was received by CIC on September 10, 2014. I have applied from Montreal.

Good luck !

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Hi

My application was received by CIC on September 10, 2014. I have applied from Montreal.

Good luck !
Hi paco,
Where can you check for you status on CIC? What did you use to login? PR number or IMm 5688?
I tried every possible identification number, all of them says nothing on the system.
Thanks

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Hello Guys

I would like to know if CIC returns the application for any reason for resubmission, usually how long do they take to return the application after first submission? When can you expect to see online status of your application after submission?

Regards.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gorgonion said:
Hi paco,
Where can you check for you status on CIC? What did you use to login? PR number or IMm 5688?
I tried every possible identification number, all of them says nothing on the system.
Thanks
It's normal, because your eCas is disabled after you land and receive your PR card.

The day CIC will start processing your citizenship application, they will re-activate your access to eCas.

Then you can use your Client ID (xxxx-xxxx) to login.