+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Mary2009 said:
When the "Received" line disappears... does this mean an RQ is on the way?

thnx
Mary
No Mary, I don't think so, as per Paco's previous post it is obvious to have received line disappeared.

"In about 1 week the line 'received' will disappear from your ECAS, it means that they transferred you file to your local office.
Then it depend of this one, every office has a different average processing speed."

Others can comment.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was just browsing through the October thread and noticed that some of them who have sent their application in mid October already have their ecas actvated or had the email sent to them. I have no clue how this CIC works to be honest. I have called them on Friday and they said that they are just simply lucky as they are working on the applications received on Sep 5th. They dont even know how long will it take to reach the applications sent on 15th or 16th.
On the other hand, my local office is Windsor,ON and based on my friends experience, they are very fast when the application reaches their office. At this time im just hoping for the best(Not getting a RQ when they start processing my application).
Im planning to visit my family in Germany towards end of April for my school break so that why im really in a rush. otherwise it doesn't really matter since im in canada already and no intentions to leave here for work or whatever...
Best of luck to all of us and stay blessed.
caviteno94 said:
Same here, i send my application on sept 16, and they received last sept 18, 2014, til now no aor

Nov 21, 2014
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 26, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 17, 2014.

4. The received line disappeared on Nov 25. 2014

arianuow

Nov 28, 2014
Hello all:

I have joined this forum new. I have applied for citizenship in September 11, 2014. Application received, September 15, 2014. Started processing November 20, 2014.

Can anyone who may have gone through the process please tell me when I may expect to receive my Acknowledgement letter.

Thank you all.

Arian

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
arianuow said:
Can anyone who may have gone through the process please tell me when I may expect to receive my Acknowledgement letter.

Thank you all.

Arian
For e-cas activations 30-45 days from online update; and for email AOR recipients so far no letters and may be never!

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Donvalley said:
For e-cas activations 30-45 days from online update; and for email AOR recipients so far no letters and may be never!
what means "e-cas"? I thought when you are able to see your application processing online, it means e-cas. From above sentence apparently has a different meaning. Donvalley could you please elaborate.
Thanks

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 1, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 1, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 25, 2014.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
era1521 said:
what means "e-cas"? I thought when you are able to see your application processing online, it means e-cas. From above sentence apparently has a different meaning. Donvalley could you please elaborate.
Thanks
Electronic Client Application Status/E-CAS

It is basically what you meant but the difference is that since the introduction of new processing model early August, almost 40 percent of applicants are not able to see anything online through e-cas, though their cases are progressing as normal as others. They are acknowledged through emails only, due to some technical glitches with new numbering system. It is reported here (& if you can believe CIC agents!) that those who received email AOR will not receive any letter AOR or print booklet; they are given a PDF link to the booklet instead.

E-cas is the part users can access online which is pulling data from GCMS where much bigger information is available. You will not be able to see anything online even if your application is opened/processed and GCMS entry is created in the background but until after the e-cas part (online part for applicants) is updated. This updates are made on Tuesdays as per official story/website but I myself observed it on Sat/Sundays too. This is one of the reason we see "stale-dated" updates some times.

What I said in my post you referred is that if he can see status online (e-cas) expect the Acknowledgment letter within 30-45 days, and if status by email only AOR; don't know when or if he will receive one at all.

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!
I'm a bit confused. Please, can anyone advise me how do I know that my received line has been disappeared?
in the principal page or should I click on Process status?

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dasm2014 said:
Sorry typo August applicant...
even though, that's very fast process!!! June applicants are still waiting ......
So Congrats ;D

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
it seems like it also matters if someone is from GTA or maybe Vancouver or Montreal where things seem to be much faster (esp. GTA). Whereas they were REALLY bad in these places at one time with bad backlogs etc.

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
it seems like it also matters if someone is from GTA or maybe Vancouver or Montreal where things seem to be much faster (esp. GTA). Whereas they were REALLY bad in these places at one time with bad backlogs etc.
I hope so, I'm from Mississauga GTA