+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well that is very odd that they have provided you with such an information. If your file was received you would have the Ecas updated or as the new process, they would have automatically send you an email.
I have even called them this morning, and they have provided me with that information. best of luck anyways
PS- each CIC agent will give you a different answer thats what I have experienced....

londonOntario said:
I called up CIC today and they could see my file in the system. It's not in process yet.
The agent confirmed that if it's in the system that means it is complete (will not be returned).
My file was received on 1 October.
I don't see anything on ecas yet.
I have not received any AOR.

Mesopotamia

Nov 26, 2014
Hi,

I called CIC today and an agent told me a letter acknowledging receipt has been sent on 18 Nov by mail and the processing has begun but I can't check my application online. how come the processing has started but no eCAS?

Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks

Citizenship:
Date Sent: 22-Sep-2014
Date Received: 26-SEP-2014
Processing Started:
eCAS updated:
Rcvd Line disappeared:
Test Date:
Oath Date:

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
My received line just disappeared and its kind a quick just 8 days after they started my processing.
anyone else experienced this?
thanks

Date Sent : 25-SEP-2014
Application Received: 28-SEP-2014
Processing Started:17-NOV-2014
eCAS updated:
AOR in Mailbox:
Rcvd Line disappeared:25-NOV-2014
Test:
Oath:

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
My received line just disappeared and its kind a quick just 8 days after they started my processing.
anyone else experienced this?
thanks

Date Sent : 25-SEP-2014
Application Received: 28-SEP-2014
Processing Started:17-NOV-2014
eCAS updated:
AOR in Mailbox:
Rcvd Line disappeared:25-NOV-2014
Test:
Oath:

Calvados

Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another piece of information for statistics. Got the envelope today (Nov 26). Logged in to eCas to see In Process. Here is the text from eCas.
-------
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 8, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 31, 2014.
-------
They indeed received it on 8 of September (I tracked the parcel), but there is no way they sent AOR and a book on Sep 8. The paper AOR in the envelope is dated 31 October.

I managed to log in to eCas using Client ID, and receipt number, both are mentioned on the AOR. There was no immigration file number in AOR. Also, receipt number is 8 digits, so you should actually choose "Citizenship Receipt Number" from dropdown menu, if you want to use it, _not_ "Receipt Number (IMM 5401)". Confused me at first.

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calvados said:
Another piece of information for statistics. Got the envelope today (Nov 26). Logged in to eCas to see In Process. Here is the text from eCas.
-------
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 8, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 31, 2014.
-------
They indeed received it on 8 of September (I tracked the parcel), but there is no way they sent AOR and a book on Sep 8. The paper AOR in the envelope is dated 31 October.

I managed to log in to eCas using Client ID, and receipt number, both are mentioned on the AOR. There was no immigration file number in AOR. Also, receipt number is 8 digits, so you should actually choose "Citizenship Receipt Number" from dropdown menu, if you want to use it, _not_ "Receipt Number (IMM 5401)". Confused me at first.
Thanks for sharing Very useful indeed

st7480

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
Finally my ecas got updated today. :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 19, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 20, 2014.

Rios

Sep 13, 2014
Hi guys,

My Ecas was updated today: application received on September 18 and started processing on November 19.
Considering the number of September applicants who got their Ecas updated these two last days, it seems that CIC finally started focusing on September applications. Good luck for all of you who are still waiting for their Ecas to be updated, you're next on the list.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, my timelines are very similar to some of you. I sent in my application on Sep 29th and it was received by CIC on Oct 3rd. Although I did not get an AOR, but I kept checking eCAS using the Client ID no (which is the same as your PR card number). ECAS updated with In-process on Nov 14th. At that time there was an additional "Received" link which disappeared yesterday. I received an RQ from the local Mississauga office 2 days back and the letter is dated Nov 18th. I wanted to see if any of the forum members could help me out. My questions are:
1. Absences from Canada - point 1 mentions Passports and / or travel documents and talks of passport stamps, visas and permits. Point 2 mentions about travel records and/or records of movement. What is the difference between the 2 points? I only have stamps as records of entry/exits. Are there any separate travel records that I need to obtain? If yes, how and from where?
2. Home and family ties - The period in consideration (last 4 years) includes around 8-9 months when I was in the US before I became a PR. In the proof of residence do I need to include rental agreements, auto insurance policies, etc. of my US residences also OR is this only about the Canadian part for which I have completed 1095 days of physical presence?
3. Employment Ties - It mentions CRA Notice of assessment, T4, Bank/credit card statements, etc. Is one of them enough OR all are required? If all, then do I need to provide bank/credit card statements for each month for the last 4 years OR only the last few? I have the Notice of assessments and T4s.
4. Lastly, is getting an RQ signs of problems/delays to come OR is this routine process?

sweetdreama

Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

My mom and brother's just got ECAS updates per the below message. (each got identical messages). The funny bit is that my brother's received line has already disappeared but my mom's received line is still there. Given what I'm reading, hers will disappear soon as well. Great job CIC!!!! :-*

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 5, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 5, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 20, 2014.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to hear that you guys are starting to get the good news 8)

Good luck everyone :)

alene

Sep 16, 2014
Application send : September 18
Application received : september 22
Started processing my application : november 20

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it normal that I don't see any update in my eCas?
Application received: 17 September 2014

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hi guys, my timelines are very similar to some of you. I sent in my application on Sep 29th and it was received by CIC on Oct 3rd. Although I did not get an AOR, but I kept checking eCAS using the Client ID no (which is the same as your PR card number). ECAS updated with In-process on Nov 14th. At that time there was an additional "Received" link which disappeared yesterday. I received an RQ from the local Mississauga office 2 days back and the letter is dated Nov 18th. I wanted to see if any of the forum members could help me out. My questions are:
1. Absences from Canada - point 1 mentions Passports and / or travel documents and talks of passport stamps, visas and permits. Point 2 mentions about travel records and/or records of movement. What is the difference between the 2 points? I only have stamps as records of entry/exits. Are there any separate travel records that I need to obtain? If yes, how and from where?
2. Home and family ties - The period in consideration (last 4 years) includes around 8-9 months when I was in the US before I became a PR. In the proof of residence do I need to include rental agreements, auto insurance policies, etc. of my US residences also OR is this only about the Canadian part for which I have completed 1095 days of physical presence?
3. Employment Ties - It mentions CRA Notice of assessment, T4, Bank/credit card statements, etc. Is one of them enough OR all are required? If all, then do I need to provide bank/credit card statements for each month for the last 4 years OR only the last few? I have the Notice of assessments and T4s.
4. Lastly, is getting an RQ signs of problems/delays to come OR is this routine process?

Hi Garian4u,

Sorry to hear about RQ, Our timelines are similar and I also experienced an in process update round about the same time as you, only to get my received line disappear yesterday, which was a bit quick, Don't know what it will mean for me, as I did not send tax info etc. along with my application. So who knows.
However, from my observation, a few people are getting quicker updates then documents being requested consequently.
My advice to you would be to send them what they requested ASAP.