+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
they did say that i should receive a AOR via mail or email within few weeks and before january 1st.
This email AOR is really useless... :(
its a new process, and they don't put you in eCAS (not sure how/why a newer process is actually slower!!)

AND they say they are moving more and more applications to that "system"

There are applicants since June/2014 who got email AOR, but are not seeing anything in ecas...

we get only promises from call center that this will change by January or something like that... disappointing!! ::)

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Mary2009,

I know that is useless, however I would know that there is some progress going on with my application. At the moment I dont know what is going on and even the CIC agents dont have any information. Should just submit another application? october applicants who have sent their application around the 20th of october got ther ecas activated and their app is under process. How long should we wait till we get a simple piece of information from them ? ridiculous isnt it??
God bless us all !!!
Mary2009 said:
This email AOR is really useless... :(
its a new process, and they don't put you in eCAS (not sure how/why a newer process is actually slower!!)

AND they say they are moving more and more applications to that "system"

There are applicants since June/2014 who got email AOR, but are not seeing anything in ecas...

we get only promises from call center that this will change by January or something like that... disappointing!! ::)

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA is definitely right. We don't really care how long the process will take but we should at least know that the application we submitted has no problem. It's not a simple job to gather all documents(translations, proof of work and study). once we know it has been accepted, then it's just the matter of waiting.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i can wait two years as long as i know they have actually reveiwed my application. By the end of december it will be 4 months since I have submitted my application with nothing updated....
Whats your timeline Maryafar??

maryafar said:
IRCANADA is definitely right. We don't really care how long the process will take but we should at least know that the application we submitted has no problem. It's not a simple job to gather all documents(translations, proof of work and study). once we know it has been accepted, then it's just the matter of waiting.

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
i can wait two years as long as i know they have actually reveiwed my application. By the end of december it will be 4 months since I have submitted my application with nothing updated....
Whats your timeline Maryafar??
I sent my application September 25 and it was received and signed September 26.

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi maryafar and IRCANADA,

What about making an ATIP Request? You can request it via Privacy Act (Free) or Access to Information Act ($5). It took 1 month to receive the note tho. Who knows there might be some updates there. Just my two cents.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Hera9,

How should I send my request for that? would you help us out with the process ?
thanks
Hera9 said:
Hi maryafar and IRCANADA,

What about making an ATIP Request? You can request it via Privacy Act (Free) or Access to Information Act ($5). It took 1 month to receive the note tho. Who knows there might be some updates there. Just my two cents.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

So I just spoke with 2 CIC agents re: disappearing Received line, The first one was quiet vague and told me that my file was still in Sydney as its a 2 year process.
Roll Eyes

Called back again and spoke to another agent who was very polite and advised that my AOR was sent out and my file looks fine, However he also stated there is no need to worry about the mailed out AOR, the most important thing to do is to start studying the Discover Canada Book, for which he is happy to send an email with a link to.
Before hanging up I asked if I needed to send any extra documents he said "no, no need to send any extra documents, if you need to do so the local office will get in touch with you, telling you what and where to send it to". so with all this local office talk I asked if my file was at the local office, he said " no its still in Sydney, but you can expect to hear from your local office with a test invite within the next 4-8 months depending on how busy they are".
Lol no two agents are the same but at least they both confirmed the file was still in Sydney.

Positive vibes one and all

akin17

Dec 2, 2014
Thank you all for posting here, knowing that I wasn't alone in this journey helped,

Citizenship:
Local Office: Scarborough,ON
Date Sent => 17-SEP-2014
Date Received => 21-SEP-2014
Processing Started =>12-NOV-2014
AOR AND BOOK Received => 2-DEC-2014 ,CANADA POST

WILL KEEP THIS UPDATED

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
Hey Hera9,

How should I send my request for that? would you help us out with the process ?
thanks
Hi IRCANADA,

I can't post links here. Please check your inbox. :)

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got the following email

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Citizenship test - Study guide
If you are between 18 and 54 years old, you must write the citizenship test. You will have to answer questions evaluating your ability to communicate in English or French and your knowledge and understanding of:
The right to vote in Canada,
The right to run for elected office,
Voting procedures in Canada,
Canada's history,
Canada's geography, and
The rights and responsibilities of a Canadian citizen.
The test contains 20 multiple choice questions. To pass, you must correctly answer a minimum of 15 out of 20 questions. We will send you a copy of the study guide after you apply. The guide may also be found on our website. It contains information and questions to help you prepare for the test.
Please note that in some cases, the test takes place during an interview with a citizenship judge. If this is the case for you, you will be notified by your local CIC.

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
latitudeofgratitude said:
....We will send you a copy of the study guide after you apply :eek:. ....
what do they mean by that? they read the future? lol

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got that blasted AOR in the mail on Monday despite my eCAS was updated a month ago. man CIC mails take a month to reach the recipient~~~ ???