VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
MLD84 said:
Updates:

Meds request – Apr 3rd
RPRF request – Apr 9th
Meds done – May 22nd

It's getting there! :D

Congrats to all the folks who are landing!
Welcome back! :) What's your ECAS status right now??

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
ashishdz said:
Hi Toby,
I was looking over spreadsheet, looks like we are only 3 or 4 guys whose status changed to Decision made already but no PPR. Well, rest of all are getting their PPR immediately after decision made. Do you think what ever is going on with our application is normal? For me, its exact one month today after my status changed to decision made. Should I wait some more time. I am asking this because I have hospital emergency with one of my family members, I am thinking to go back home but i am not sure should i go or not as I am expecting PPR shortly.
Yes, there's other applicants who've contacted CIC in a case like that, but the only response you will get
is that your applciation is in process and still in the posted timeframe of 13 months. So there's nothing
you can do to speed up the process. Some applications are finalized in 7 months, others take 13 or even more.

jimkal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
14-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-09-2014
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
01-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
Hi Seniors,

I am Nov 2013 CEC applicant and got my AOR in Jan 2014 and waiting for my medicals....should be anytime in the mid June or end of June. I would appreciate if any of you could help me if I am going in the right direction with my CEC application.

My work permit expiring end of Sept 2014 and I want to apply for BOWP in next couple of days ...early June 2014 (considering 4 months time line to apply before work permit expires. My questions are
1. is it a good time to request the GCMS notes.
2. Apply BOWP in June and wait for medicals.
3. I am currently working in Quebec and not sure if my CEC application goes through. In that case should I extend my work permit or apply for BOWP and if I do that will it have any negative impact on my CEC application.
4. Can I also apply for provincial application simultaneously. My NOC code is 2174 and I would appreciate if anyone let me know which is the best province to move in if I have to apply under provincial nominations.
5. For provincial nominations should I be working or living in Canada?

I am a bit tensed and confused any help in this regard will be highly appreciated....

nirsw

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Hi Toby,

Hope you are doing great.
Request info. I'm planning to send the application (IMM1000) for correcting the errors(Original Entry date) to CIC.
Do we need to include a return envelope when we send the application ?

Vishal007

Sep 9, 2013
jimkal said:
Hi Seniors,

I am Nov 2013 CEC applicant and got my AOR in Jan 2014 and waiting for my medicals....should be anytime in the mid June or end of June. I would appreciate if any of you could help me if I am going in the right direction with my CEC application.

My work permit expiring end of Sept 2014 and I want to apply for BOWP in next couple of days ...early June 2014 (considering 4 months time line to apply before work permit expires. My questions are
3. I am currently working in Quebec and not sure if my CEC application goes through. In that case should I extend my work permit or apply for BOWP and if I do that will it have any negative impact on my CEC application.
4. Can I also apply for provincial application simultaneously. My NOC code is 2174 and I would appreciate if anyone let me know which is the best province to move in if I have to apply under provincial nominations.

I am a bit tensed and confused any help in this regard will be highly appreciated....
Seniors will suggest but I also recommend you to go for medical upfront and pay RPRF fee. I had seen many cases where these two steps were completed upfront and they got their PR earlier than others.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
jimkal said:
Hi Seniors,

You will get MR in June, and will get PPR somewhere end of June or begining of July. Unless there is a problem, You will become a PR before Sept 2014. So if you want you can apply for BOWP in July, if you want to be safe. But I really doubt that you will need BOWP.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Hi folks,

My ecas status changed to complete today.

Toby - pls update the spreadsheet.

Thanks!

MLD84

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-04-2014
Med's Done....
22-05-2014
iam_toby said:
Welcome back! :) What's your ECAS status right now??
Haha, yeah it's been a while. I did my meds overseas and am changing address so things are a little chaotic but I'm still just about on track. I'd actually rather CIC were a little more inefficient with my application so the passport request shows up at my soon-to-be new address.

Ecas status: In process

Ashra

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App ECAS(In Process): 29-Apr-2014
Med's Request
30-Apr-2014 RPRF Request : 30-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
03-May-2014 Med's Uploaded: 08-May-2014 RPRF Paid ......: 08-May-2014 ECAS(Medicals):17-May-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2014 ECAS(Decision): 24-May-2014 VO Change Req: 26-May-2014 VO Change Email: 16-Jun-2014 PP(For Stamping): 17-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Jun-2014
LANDED..........
30-Sep-2014
canada.msn said:
Hi folks,

My ecas status changed to complete today.

Toby - pls update the spreadsheet.

Thanks!
Wohoooo.. Congrats and all the best :)

jimkal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
14-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-09-2014
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
01-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
iamroth said:
You will get MR in June, and will get PPR somewhere end of June or begining of July. Unless there is a problem, You will become a PR before Sept 2014. So if you want you can apply for BOWP in July, if you want to be safe. But I really doubt that you will need BOWP.
Hi iamroth,

Thank you for the positive hope. Do you think i can update cic about my medicals which I did in August 2013 before even applying my CEC application (Nov 2013), or CIC look up for medical eligibility and use the medical records which is in their database.

Vishal007

Sep 9, 2013
jimkal said:
Hi iamroth,

Thank you for the positive hope. Do you think i can update cic about my medicals which I did in August 2013 before even applying my CEC application (Nov 2013), or CIC look up for medical eligibility and use the medical records which is in their database.
Based on my friend's experience, they will ask for a medical. His wife joined him in January on a visitor record and had a medical as per the rules. Later, he added her for PR and received a fresh medical request from CIC.

All the best. My suggestion for you to go ahead for medical and RPRF fee upfront.

jimkal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
14-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-09-2014
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
01-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
Vishal007 said:
Based on my friend's experience, they will ask for a medical. His wife joined him in January on a visitor record and had a medical as per the rules. Later, he added her for PR and received a fresh medical request from CIC.

All the best. My suggestion for you to go ahead for medical and RPRF fee upfront.
Thank you Vishal007. But some of group members also say that Medicals are valid for one year and few of them did not get any request...I am not sure of their timelines though. Anybody in the group for more suggestions.....

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
nirsw said:
Hi Toby,

Hope you are doing great.
Request info. I'm planning to send the application (IMM1000) for correcting the errors(Original Entry date) to CIC.
Do we need to include a return envelope when we send the application ?
No, not that I'm aware of. I sent mine without, as a return envelope wasn't mentioned on the document checklist.

chowli

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-27-2013
AOR Received.
November-27-2013
Med's Request
April-09-2014
Med's Done....
April-23-2014
Passport Req..
May-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-06-2014
LANDED..........
May-28-2014
Hi Toby & everyone. I completed my landing in the local office today, on May 28.

The landing process is really fast, it took about 8 minutes. The officer only looked at my passports and COPR. Then she checked my original entry date, and last entry date, and signed both COPRs, she took the one with my photo. Then she asked me the three questions (about criminal offences). After I answered the questions, she congratulated me as a PR, and stamped on my passport. Then she introduced PR's benefits, rights, obligations, and the differences between PR and citizen. Then she talked about the future citizenship for me, she said the new citizenship law will be introduced next year after parliment approves, so she cannot give me any detailed information regarding to that. In the end, she said my PR card will arrive in 11 weeks. So, this is a brief story of my landing process in local cic office.

Thanks for everyone's help, especially Toby. :) Hope every September applicants will get their PR in this summer, and enjoy the summer. ;)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
chowli said:
Hi Toby & everyone. I completed my landing in the local office today, on May 28.

The landing process is really fast, it took about 8 minutes. The officer only looked at my passports and COPR. Then she checked my original entry date, and last entry date, and signed both COPRs, she took the one with my photo. Then she asked me the three questions (about criminal offences). After I answered the questions, she congratulated me as a PR, and stamped on my passport. Then she introduced PR's benefits, rights, obligations, and the differences between PR and citizen. Then she talked about the future citizenship for me, she said the new citizenship law will be introduced next year after parliment approves, so she cannot give me any detailed information regarding to that. In the end, she said my PR card will arrive in 11 weeks. So, this is a brief story of my landing process in local cic office.

Thanks for everyone's help, especially Toby. :) Hope every September applicants will get their PR in this summer, and enjoy the summer. ;)
Congrats!! :)