+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending money to GIC account from India

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Which one is better for applying online or offline for student visa and online or offline which process comes fast visa?
Thank you in advance
If you are using an agent speak to them. I really don't know which is better since I have read here so far some people had to wait for the medical appointment after filing application online but for offline, you can get the medical done before hand. It's up to you but I think these days the visa processing is taking longer say 45 days or more.

Reactions: Tanureet Singh
Aug 8, 2018
Hlo everyone
I have bank wired the gic amount that is 10250 dollars to Scotia bank on 13th of September and I called Scotia bank for my confirmation but they said they haven't recieved the fund yet can anyone please tell me in how much time I can expect my confirmation form Scotia bank

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hlo everyone
I have bank wired the gic amount that is 10250 dollars to Scotia bank on 13th of September and I called Scotia bank for my confirmation but they said they haven't recieved the fund yet can anyone please tell me in how much time I can expect my confirmation form Scotia bank
Can you please check with the Bank if the money sent to them matches with the details on your passport like name and address.

If it’s correct, I suggest you to wait for 2 more days since your Bank should be able to tell you how long it takes to reach there. Some may take 2 to 5 working days.

You can also send them a secured email attaching the receipt.

Hope this helps.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Guys out of those two swift codes which one should I use?
Are you sending to scotia bank or other banks?

For Scotia, I know we have to use the details that’s in Field 57. Make sure your details are correct when sending and should match what’s on your passport including name and address. Keep in mind the receiving Bank needs to receive the full amount as stated on the letter and all other additional charges are to be borne by you otherwise if there’s any shortfall, your payment will be rejected.

Your bank should be able to guide you since they would have done so many forex transactions.

Vijayjessy

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Chennai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Banglore
Am
Are you sending to scotia bank or other banks?

For Scotia, I know we have to use the details that’s in Field 57. Make sure your details are correct when sending and should match what’s on your passport including name and address. Keep in mind the receiving Bank needs to receive the full amount as stated on the letter and all other additional charges are to be borne by you otherwise if there’s any shortfall, your payment will be rejected.

Your bank should be able to guide you since they would have done so many forex transactions.
Sending money to scotia and I heard the Mississauga branch was closed. But what I'm having in my field 57 is that branch details only.. is it okay still?

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Am

Sending money to scotia and I heard the Mississauga branch was closed. But what I'm having in my field 57 is that branch details only.. is it okay still?
Ok, I didn't know about Mississauga Branch being closed down, the customer rep told me to use what is in field 57 and when you go to the bank to fill the form just tell them this is where you need to send the money to, and below that your name, account number which they provided and address needs to be filled correctly.

Which bank are you using?

Vijayjessy

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Chennai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Banglore
Ok, I didn't know about Mississauga Branch being closed down, the customer rep told me to use what is in field 57 and when you go to the bank to fill the form just tell them this is where you need to send the money to, and below that your name, account number which they provided and address needs to be filled correctly.

Which bank are you using?
Yeah sure.. and am using Indian bank/State Bank of India both.. don't which one would give best rate..

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah sure.. and am using Indian bank/State Bank of India both.. don't which one would give best rate..
Ok, I think SBI offers better rates but check if they do forex since I heard some people in this forum say that certain area does not do forex transactions. You can compare rates online with other banks under Telegraphic Transfer sell rate, some banks do not publish their rates on the website and they may charge you higher exchange rates.

Vijayjessy

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Chennai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Banglore
Ok, I think SBI offers better rates but check if they do forex since I heard some people in this forum say that certain area does not do forex transactions. You can compare rates online with other banks under Telegraphic Transfer sell rate, some banks do not publish their rates on the website and they may charge you higher exchange rates.
Which bank you'd recommend for best exchange rate? I guess u have lotta knowledge, so just asking..

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Which bank you'd recommend for best exchange rate? I guess u have lotta knowledge, so just asking..
I seriously don’t recommend axis bank but if you have any other bank account just compare the rates online, they are about 20-30 paisa variation. Government Bank usually provides cheaper rates. I heard a lot of people have done it through ICICI Bank.

Premansh

Sep 26, 2018
My experience is frustrating and different. On 13th June this year I have sent money 10200 CAD from my SB AC of State Bank of India to my GIC ac in Scotia bank. But after 13 days I visited my bank and know that the money was not transferred. I asked the reason the Bank person showed me the message which was showing many reasons among them the first one is I have to transfer 10230 CAD. I do not know why but again do all the things which I have done 13 days before- this time I tried to transfer 10230 CAD. I do not know where this 30 CAD is going and why Scotia Bank never tells about it.
- Nirmalya ( if you know pls guide, mail me nirmalya.nil@gmail.com
They say that near about 35 dollars are charged for nrt or something they said and differs from institute to institute