+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending money to GIC account from India

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Sorry no, still waiting LOA. I was talking about offer letters received from the Universities. Both have deferred my intake and third one hasn't responded yet. I am only focusing on one now which is the Jan intake.
Oh ok. Hopefully ul hear from them soon.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Waiting tym varies frm uni to uni. U have to access their website for this.

About the GiC funds, i don thnk so one shd transfer money without having colg admission certainity. If i were u, i would nvr do that. About that missing address line, yes details shd match with whats there on the passport. I had the same issue as well n i wrote them email, got evrythng on point within 5 days.

I still suggest u to ask about the funds thng on the other thread as wel so u can cross check.
Yes, I understand the waiting time is different and I don't have any login details for the university website. I asked my agent about it, when I tried to register, it asked for their registration ID and I thought it is the right thing to do but she mentioned I will only get it after the visa is filed which sound very strange to me. I emailed the international admission office once on how to get access to my student account, they told me to follow what the agent says.

My agent is saying that I can pay GIC funds using the offer letter and she also said it has nothing to do with Letter of Acceptance. I did read some threads where they suggested me to get the GIC and medical sorted first since LOA will take time. Actually now I am confused whether I should start working on the GIC funds or wait?

Reactions: Tanureet Singh

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Waiting tym varies frm uni to uni. U have to access their website for this.

About the GiC funds, i don thnk so one shd transfer money without having colg admission certainity. If i were u, i would nvr do that. About that missing address line, yes details shd match with whats there on the passport. I had the same issue as well n i wrote them email, got evrythng on point within 5 days.

I still suggest u to ask about the funds thng on the other thread as wel so u can cross check.
Did you receive a new payment instructions with correct details on it? I was told on the live chat that a new payment instructions details will be sent to me with correctly details once updated. I got an email that my name has been updated but I didn't receive the new instruction with correct details and also they missed updating my address part, when I asked them again on live chat, they said its not their department and cannot view my email hence cannot answer and suggested me to call the Branch. I was like maybe I will wait for 5 days.

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Did you receive a new payment instructions with correct details on it? I was told on the live chat that a new payment instructions details will be sent to me with correctly details once updated. I got an email that my name has been updated but I didn't receive the new instruction with correct details and also they missed updating my address part, when I asked them again on live chat, they said its not their department and cannot view my email hence cannot answer and suggested me to call the Branch. I was like maybe I will wait for 5 days.
Yes i got the updated one. If u havn’t emailed them a separate mail for updating address then email them again else wait for upro 5 days.

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Yes, I understand the waiting time is different and I don't have any login details for the university website. I asked my agent about it, when I tried to register, it asked for their registration ID and I thought it is the right thing to do but she mentioned I will only get it after the visa is filed which sound very strange to me. I emailed the international admission office once on how to get access to my student account, they told me to follow what the agent says.

My agent is saying that I can pay GIC funds using the offer letter and she also said it has nothing to do with Letter of Acceptance. I did read some threads where they suggested me to get the GIC and medical sorted first since LOA will take time. Actually now I am confused whether I should start working on the GIC funds or wait?
U shd go ahead then with the funds. Don wrry at all abt nythng else if ppl on other threads have suggested the same.

For the waiting tym, u don need to have login id. The info will b on the uni website itself. Else try the stu id num gvn on the offer letter.

Last edited:

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018

If m not wrong, offer letter without any condition is itself letter of acceptance from colg/uni. Or is it different. Coz wn i got email from my agent, they mentioned the mail
Subject as “unconditional offer letter” n the attached pdf with the email was the LOA from the colg.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
U shd go ahead then with the funds. Don wrry at all abt nythng else if ppl on other threads have suggested the same.

For the waiting tym, u don need to have login id. The info will b on the uni website itself. Else try the stu id num gvn on the offer letter.
Right, the university told me the login ID is what was used at the time of application which my agent did not share with me.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
If m not wrong, offer letter without any condition is itself letter of acceptance from colg/uni. Or is it different. Coz wn i got email from my agent, they mentioned the mail
Subject as “unconditional offer letter” n the attached pdf with the email was the LOA from the colg.
Yes, unconditional offer letter is the letter of acceptance but I was issued conditional offer letter because they claim that my transcript was not sent to them but I have a proof from them stating it was received back in June. My agent has notified them so that's what I am waiting now and made the deposit as per the conditional offer letter. And I believe the unconditional offer letter will states the break down of tuition fee and living expenses. My admission was delayed only because of this, one person says its been received and the other says not received. Now, I am in the last stage so hopefully they issue it to me this week.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Should i pay fee and gic by the agents or directly from the bank
Firstly, GIC needs to come out form your own account and which bank have you opened your account with Scotia or ICICI Canada ? I have opened mine with Scotia and it strictly says the account needs to be in your name otherwise it will be rejected. I think, if you have opened with ICICI Canada, you can use somebody else's account to pay but I still wouldn't do that. Joint account maybe acceptable but you need to ask them. The reason why its better to transfer the money from your account is that when it gets rejected, you will get it back in your account but if the third party has paid it for you, you will have trouble locating your funds since the money is yours and account belongs to somebody else. Hope this makes sense to you.

Secondly, I would suggest you to make your own tuition fee payment by going to the bank and get to know what exchange rates they are giving, its negotiable since you are paying large amount. If you have trouble visiting the bank then you can rely on the agent to make the payments on your behalf but make sure you know how much they are charging you in terms of exchange rates? Normally, they will charge you a higher rate than your local banks and this is from my experience and on top of that they will charge your GST of 18%. Certain banks have flat rates irrespective of how much money you send so you can at least save some money for yourself. Tuition fees can also be paid through Western Union but I would suggest you to go and visit them first.

I hope I have given you enough information since they are based on my experience and what I have read in this forum.

Reactions: Tanureet Singh

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Yes, unconditional offer letter is the letter of acceptance but I was issued conditional offer letter because they claim that my transcript was not sent to them but I have a proof from them stating it was received back in June. My agent has notified them so that's what I am waiting now and made the deposit as per the conditional offer letter. And I believe the unconditional offer letter will states the break down of tuition fee and living expenses. My admission was delayed only because of this, one person says its been received and the other says not received. Now, I am in the last stage so hopefully they issue it to me this week.
That makes sense now. Funny part is initially i got conditional letter as well. But my agent asked me to wait to pay the tution fee until i recieve the LOA although she said that conditinal offer letter in itself is kind of acceptnce only as colg just want what they asked for in the condition. So once I received the UC offer letter, i went ahead with the tution fee, gic and medical things.

There must be date mentioned on ur conditional offer letter that till this date u have to submit the fee. And im very positive about the fact that once uve submitted on time wht they asked for, they send the LoA with engh time to deposit the fee. If u don hear from them anytime sooner, ask ur agent to email them ur transcript again with the reminder.

Last edited:

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Right, the university told me the login ID is what was used at the time of application which my agent did not share with me.
I must admit, agents r sometimes real headaches. They srsly dont share these things at all.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
That makes sense now. Funny part is initially i got conditional letter as well. But my agent asked me to wait to pay the tution fee until i recieve the LOA although she said that conditinal offer letter in itself is kind of acceptnce only as colg just want what they asked for in the condition. So once I received the UC offer letter, i went ahead with the tution fee, gic and medical things.

There must be date mentioned on ur conditional offer letter that till this date u have to submit the fee. And im very positive about the fact that once uve submitted on time wht they asked for, they send the LoA with engh time to deposit the fee. If u don hear from them anytime sooner, ask ur agent to email them ur transcript again with the reminder.
Yes, it makes sense to pay the tuition fee only once the unconditional offer letter has been received. In the conditional letter, they asked us to pay $5K for seat confirmation which I did already. Well my agent has asked me to wait since they are in the process of drafting the letter. I am not sure if this is a rule as they are telling me that they can only call them once a week which means I cannot really chase them.