+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending money to GIC account from India

mamze

Apr 30, 2014
I need to transfer CAD$ 10, 200 to my Scotia Bank GIC account

1. Should I use HDFC Bank or SBI Bank for wire transfer? which provides better conversion rate?
2. Should I exactly send CAD$ 10,200, or a little bit more would be good from Student visa viewpoint?

Which

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
The best option is to use SBI NRI branch for GIC transaction and you will have to send around CAD 10,250 as the mediator bank will deduct their charges and make sure the sender - receiver and the name on passport should be same or else your money will be returned.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
SBI does not do wire transfer for Canadian Dollars I think.

deepakpunia

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
I need to transfer CAD$ 10, 200 to my Scotia Bank GIC account

1. Should I use HDFC Bank or SBI Bank for wire transfer? which provides better conversion rate?
2. Should I exactly send CAD$ 10,200, or a little bit more would be good from Student visa viewpoint?

Which
I transferred from HDFC bank with no issue , go in branch they will assist you

Prabh..

Feb 21, 2018
Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
44 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1H1
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATT

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
BNS 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

In the beneficiary adress do i need to fill my adress in india or 4715 tahoe blvd adress?????

Reactions: Tanureet Singh

poonamchopra

Dec 19, 2017
Guys... I am trying to send the same via my SBI account.. not an SBI NRI account.. but the SBI branch is asking for a routing code.. and Scotia bank says i dont need it..

SBI isnt processing it.. anyone have any idea on this?? Please help me out ..

deepakpunia

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Guys... I am trying to send the same via my SBI account.. not an SBI NRI account.. but the SBI branch is asking for a routing code.. and Scotia bank says i dont need it..

we dont need routing code for this transfer , as i remember my bank used routing code for college fee transfer but not for scotia bank transfer , but if ur bank need it you can ask from scotia bank

Reactions: poonamchopra

poonamchopra

Dec 19, 2017
we dont need routing code for this transfer , as i remember my bank used routing code for college fee transfer but not for scotia bank transfer , but if ur bank need it you can ask from scotia bank
Thank @deepakpunia .. I did check with the bank.. they too denied the need of it... but SBI is refusing to process the same.. I will be going to another bank.. if need be open a new bank account and transfer then... Dont know.. this is the only place I am stuck now.. :(

deepakpunia

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Thank @deepakpunia .. I did check with the bank.. they too denied the need of it... but SBI is refusing to process the same.. I will be going to another bank.. if need be open a new bank account and transfer then... Dont know.. this is the only place I am stuck now.. :(
you can open account in other bank , actually i opened my account for this process because i had my account in central bank only and they dont have Forex department in my city , it took 2 days to open new account , contact bank they can open new account very fast , hope this help, and where you are applying?

Anmol3305

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016

you can go to any sbi nri branch by having your cheque book of current sbi account... they will process..

nirmalya

Jun 25, 2018
My experience is frustrating and different. On 13th June this year I have sent money 10200 CAD from my SB AC of State Bank of India to my GIC ac in Scotia bank. But after 13 days I visited my bank and know that the money was not transferred. I asked the reason the Bank person showed me the message which was showing many reasons among them the first one is I have to transfer 10230 CAD. I do not know why but again do all the things which I have done 13 days before- this time I tried to transfer 10230 CAD. I do not know where this 30 CAD is going and why Scotia Bank never tells about it.
- Nirmalya ( if you know pls guide, mail me nirmalya.nil@gmail.com

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
My experience is frustrating and different. On 13th June this year I have sent money 10200 CAD from my SB AC of State Bank of India to my GIC ac in Scotia bank. But after 13 days I visited my bank and know that the money was not transferred. I asked the reason the Bank person showed me the message which was showing many reasons among them the first one is I have to transfer 10230 CAD. I do not know why but again do all the things which I have done 13 days before- this time I tried to transfer 10230 CAD. I do not know where this 30 CAD is going and why Scotia Bank never tells about it.
- Nirmalya ( if you know pls guide, mail me nirmalya.nil@gmail.com
Hi, did you get your GIC sorted? I asked the Scotia Bank yesterday about the extra charges and all they replied was $200 goes towards their administrative fee and they did not mentioned anything extra. This is absolutely confusing since my agent said not to pay anything less/more than $10,200. I guess the $ 30 went towards the transaction fee and it may differ from bank to bank as well.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Any additional charges for GIC amount.?
If, yes how much
Hi Sama, which bank are you using to transfer the GIC amount? My bank did say it would roughly cost about $30 extra but I do fail to understand if $200 is the administrative fee which they are charging then they shouldn't be deducting extra balance. I think while doing the wire transfer, you need to tell your bank that you will bear the charges.

Reactions: PARAM-

Sama Srinivas

Jun 22, 2018
Today dollar rate was 54.35..if I pay GIC amount..any additional charges will be applicable or not ..I mean any additional charges means dollar rate was 54.35 to 55.35...

Reactions: shamindersingh