+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending money to GIC account from India

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
They say that near about 35 dollars are charged for nrt or something they said and differs from institute to institute
You need to go to your bank and fill up A2 Form if you are from India and they will guide you. Make sure your name and address matches as per your passport since you are the sender and receiver. You have to send the exact amount CAD 10,200 as mentioned on the letter and if they receive anything less or if there is any mismatch in name or address, they will reject it.

Tell your bank that you will be bearing all the charges (roughly about $30 to $50) and the Scotia bank needs to receive CAD 10,200. Also, note that the processing fee and GST is separate which you will have to bear. Your bank should be able to tell you how much it will cost in your home currency.

Not sure where you are based but I am sure that ICICI, HDFC and other banks knows about GIC wire transfer.

Reactions: Tanureet Singh

Robinsandhu

Aug 24, 2018
i want to pay my GIC Fee but i am unable to understand about the purpose of "send instruction to" given on gic account and my second query is that can i pay gic amount in a same way which is used to pay tution fee through wire transfer

harsgeet

Oct 8, 2018
Are you sending to scotia bank or other banks?

For Scotia, I know we have to use the details that’s in Field 57. Make sure your details are correct when sending and should match what’s on your passport including name and address. Keep in mind the receiving Bank needs to receive the full amount as stated on the letter and all other additional charges are to be borne by you otherwise if there’s any shortfall, your payment will be rejected.

Your bank should be able to guide you since they would have done so many forex transactions.
hiii
my hdfc account address is slightly different from passport address. while filling the A2 form , if i mention the address in passport thats fine ? or will it be a problem ?

harsgeet

Oct 8, 2018
You need to go to your bank and fill up A2 Form if you are from India and they will guide you. Make sure your name and address matches as per your passport since you are the sender and receiver. You have to send the exact amount CAD 10,200 as mentioned on the letter and if they receive anything less or if there is any mismatch in name or address, they will reject it.

Tell your bank that you will be bearing all the charges (roughly about $30 to $50) and the Scotia bank needs to receive CAD 10,200. Also, note that the processing fee and GST is separate which you will have to bear. Your bank should be able to tell you how much it will cost in your home currency.

Not sure where you are based but I am sure that ICICI, HDFC and other banks knows about GIC wire transfer.
The address filled in the A2 form is visible to scotia bank right ? because my bank acount address is slightly different from passport. the manager says only address filled in the A2 will be sent to sotia bank . i am very confused about this thing . and i am running out of time

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
The address filled in the A2 form is visible to scotia bank right ? because my bank acount address is slightly different from passport. the manager says only address filled in the A2 will be sent to sotia bank . i am very confused about this thing . and i am running out of time
Yes, tell the bank to fill the address as per your passport. A2 form differs from bank to bank, in my case i had to explain to them that I need the passport address to be mentioned for the payments. It is quite hectic dealing with the banks, since they recorded an extra line for my bank address which was unnecessary and this is creating a confusion. Ask your bank if you need to submit the passport copy since my bank never asked but other banks do ask for it.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
i want to pay my GIC Fee but i am unable to understand about the purpose of "send instruction to" given on gic account and my second query is that can i pay gic amount in a same way which is used to pay tution fee through wire transfer
I wrote education since you will be going there on a study permit, if you are going any other visa application then I don't the GIC will come into the picture. You will need to fill the A2 form again and submit a copy of your offer letter along with the payment instructions given by the Scotia/ICICI bank or any other bank you opened your GIC account with.

Yes, you will have to approach to the bank and make the wire transfer. I do not think there is any other options if you are making the payment from India? Note that GIC needs to come from your bank account since you are the sender and receiver. Make sure all the details match as per your passport including name and address. And you will also have to tell them that all the transaction charges will be borne by you, if the receiving bank receives anything less than what they have asked, the money will be sent back. So be careful with all these things and it is mentioned on the instruction page which you received.

Hope this helps.

Robinsandhu

Aug 24, 2018
I wrote education since you will be going there on a study permit, if you are going any other visa application then I don't the GIC will come into the picture. You will need to fill the A2 form again and submit a copy of your offer letter along with the payment instructions given by the Scotia/ICICI bank or any other bank you opened your GIC account with.

Yes, you will have to approach to the bank and make the wire transfer. I do not think there is any other options if you are making the payment from India? Note that GIC needs to come from your bank account since you are the sender and receiver. Make sure all the details match as per your passport including name and address. And you will also have to tell them that all the transaction charges will be borne by you, if the receiving bank receives anything less than what they have asked, the money will be sent back. So be careful with all these things and it is mentioned on the instruction page which you received.

Hope this helps.
thank you for the information

Iamrishi

Oct 12, 2018
Guys i need help in sending money to scotia bank gic account as well.
Like others, these were the instructions i recieved.
Please use the following information when sending a wire transfer:
Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
44 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1H1
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATT

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
TRANSIT 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

Beneficiary Information (Field 59)
Name: Enter the student’s first and last name [note: Enter exactly as stated in Passport]. Address: Enter the home address of the student in India.
Account Number: Enter the 15-digit Scotiabank Investment account number (provided above).

Remittanc Information (Field 70)
Enter the value “SSGP”.

Now my question is what does this field no. Mean? And what does line in bold below bank's name under beneficiary bank information mean? Please help.
Also how much ammount gic certificate they issue if i transferred 10,250$ in order to avoid rejection due to less amount.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Guys i need help in sending money to scotia bank gic account as well.
Like others, these were the instructions i recieved.
Please use the following information when sending a wire transfer:
Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA

THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
TRANSIT 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4

Beneficiary Information (Field 59)
Name: Enter the student’s first and last name [note: Enter exactly as stated in Passport]. Address: Enter the home address of the student in India.
Account Number: Enter the 15-digit Scotiabank Investment account number (provided above).

Remittanc Information (Field 70)
Enter the value “SSGP”.

Now my question is what does this field no. Mean? And what does line in bold below bank's name under beneficiary bank information mean? Please help.
Also how much ammount gic certificate they issue if i transferred 10,250$ in order to avoid rejection due to less amount.
Have you visited the bank to fill the A2 form yet? If you go to the bank, it will be mentioned on the form as Beneficiary Bank Information instead of Field 57 or Beneficiary Information or Bank details instead of field 59 or Remittance information instead of Field 70.

TRANSIT 35972 is the transit number which is similar to ABA or routing number and you definitely need to quote this for your transactions. Your bank should be able to guide you on this, A2 bank differs from bank to bank, some may not have it mentioned on the form since they might not be transacting CAD that much as compared to USD, GBP or EURO.

If I can break this down for you, this is what different countries uses for making payments and it is a mandatory field:
CAD - Transit number
GBP - Sort Code
USD - ABA/Routing Number
Euro - IBAN

You can write against the ABA field as TRANSIT 35972 and your bank would know about it. Also. some banks may not ask you for a copy of the instructions but I suggest you to give it to them since your home branch may not be doing the transaction, the information get sent to a different team to instruct the payments. And you should mention the purpose as Education and you would need to submit a copy of your offer letter to them as a proof.

Please ensure you enter all the details as indicated by Scotia Bank including name and address as per your passport (sender and receiver is YOU). Send only $10,200 as mentioned by Scotia (nothing more or nothing less) but you need to clearly tell your bank that you will bear all the remittance charges as applicable. Its hard to decide whether it will be $30, $50 or $100 since there may be an intermediary bank involved which may also incur extra charges but these charges will automatically be deducted from your personal bank account.

The GIC certificate issued will be for $10,000, ($ 200 is an administrative charges).

I hope I have given you enough guidance here and if I have missed out on anything let me know.

Good Luck !

Tanureet Singh

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Surrey bc
Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA

THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
BNS 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4

In the beneficiary adress do i need to fill my adress in india or 4715 tahoe blvd adress?????
I sent my gic amount from hdfc bank
But they didn't entered full address of nova Scotiabank like
They omitted 4715 tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, ontario L4wOB4

M worried about that. ..is it a big issue? ?? Plz give ur opinion

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
I sent my gic amount from hdfc bank
But they didn't entered full address of nova Scotiabank like
They omitted 4715 tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, ontario L4wOB4

M worried about that. ..is it a big issue? ?? Plz give ur opinion
Usually this swift bic NOSCCATTCOL should correspond to the address you are sending to. Did you fill this address on A2 form? What did your bank say? This can differ from bank to bank, my bank didn't mention the address, only the BIC on the swift message but if you are worried then to speak to your bank and send Scotia Bank the MT103 message received from your bank.

Reactions: Tanureet Singh

Tanureet Singh

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Surrey bc
Usually this swift bic NOSCCATTCOL should correspond to the address you are sending to. Did you fill this address on A2 form? What did your bank say? This can differ from bank to bank, my bank didn't mention the address, only the BIC on the swift message but if you are worried then to speak to your bank and send Scotia Bank the MT103 message received from your bank.
Field 57
The bank of nova Scotiabank
Transit 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga ontario L4W0E4
Swift code NOSCCATTCOL

♤ FULL ADRESS
BELOW IS one hdfc filled

My name. ..
My adress. ..
My nova Scotiabank a/c....
Bank name. ..nova Scotiabank