+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

culturaltiger

Jan 16, 2014
I notice at test some people were told oath in 2-4 weeks, some in 2-4 months. Does it mean that the officer actually makes decision of the priority for oath at end of interview?

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
culturaltiger said:
I notice at test some people were told oath in 2-4 weeks, some in 2-4 months. Does it mean that the officer actually makes decision of the priority for oath at end of interview?
There are a few possibilities. I think during the interview, officer might make a note to himself/herself to check something. Let's say, they asked you something and based on your answer they might want to write their own note or check something.

If the officer is proactive, not lazy, officer would do it as soon as possible. But if the officer is lazy, officer might put your file in a corner thinking to get to it later and then keep procrastinating.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Culturaltigar, yes I have unstamped 12 US trips. Most of which is in about 1 year period. I have submitted RQ and every-time I call CIC they are saying it is waiting for a review by Citizenship official.

It is not clear how much time they take to process RQ.

culturaltiger said:
Hi Vinaypuri, I'm just curious for your delay. Angthing special in your case e.g. lots of travel?

culturaltiger

Jan 16, 2014
Chrysss said:
There are a few possibilities. I think during the interview, officer might make a note to himself/herself to check something. Let's say, they asked you something and based on your answer they might want to write their own note or check something.

If the officer is proactive, not lazy, officer would do it as soon as possible. But if the officer is lazy, officer might put your file in a corner thinking to get to it later and then keep procrastinating.
Hi Chrysss, thanks for reply. What I wonder is when the officer says 2-4 weeks or 2-4 months, is it random? Or the officer has already had decision at finishing the interview?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the process -

1. Citizenship test
2. Citizenship Interview
3. If you pass step 1 and 2, it goes to QA
4. If you pass 3, it goes to Citizenship judge for Approval/Signature.

In my case it went through step 1 and 2. During interview officer told me expect Oath invite within 4 to 6 weeks. Instead, I got an RQ because somewhere along step # 3 and 4 someone felt that they don't have enough info. in my file to finalize it.

HTH.

culturaltiger said:
Hi Chrysss, thanks for reply. What I wonder is when the officer says 2-4 weeks or 2-4 months, is it random? Or the officer has already had decision at finishing the interview?

culturaltiger

Jan 16, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Hi Culturaltigar, yes I have unstamped 12 US trips. Most of which is in about 1 year period. I have submitted RQ and every-time I call CIC they are saying it is waiting for a review by Citizenship official.

It is not clear how much time they take to process RQ.
Hi vinaypuri, thanks for sharing. So your interview was concentrated on the trips? What did he (she) say at end of interview? My test is on Monday. I have lots of stamoed travel (US, Asia, Europe) and a couple of US trips were unstamped. Anyway, happy Canada day!

culturaltiger

Jan 16, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Here is the process -

1. Citizenship test
2. Citizenship Interview
3. If you pass step 1 and 2, it goes to QA
4. If you pass 3, it goes to Citizenship judge for Approval/Signature.

In my case it went through step 1 and 2. During interview officer told me expect Oath invite within 4 to 6 weeks. Instead, I got an RQ because somewhere along step # 3 and 4 someone felt that they don't have enough info. in my file to finalize it.

HTH.
I think you are right. The interviewer was satisfied. It's some one at later stage feel more info would be needed.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case it was 'she' and she did not indicate anything. She went thro my passport, noted things in her file, reviewed my passport, asked me where I work and said you will have oath in 4 to 6 weeks.

Let's see what happens. These days people getting Citizenship in like 4 Months.

culturaltiger said:
Hi vinaypuri, thanks for sharing. So your interview was concentrated on the trips? What did he (she) say at end of interview? My test is on Monday. I have lots of stamoed travel (US, Asia, Europe) and a couple of US trips were unstamped. Anyway, happy Canada day!

Hope311

Mar 3, 2014
Hello All wish you very Happy CANADA DAY

we had our test on june 27 , we passed the test (me and my wife )

the interview was good , the lady was very helpful ; however i got tons of translated stamps before cumming to canada

i changed my job from full time to self employed after i applied , when she asked me what you are doing i mentioned that to hear , she wrote a note and she said you are good will send you the oath invite and in case we need more info will let you know

do you think by mentioning that she may ask that is means any thing ?

applied sep 2013

sophiatoronto

Jun 30, 2014
Passed the test on June 2, no news about oath yet.
I called CIC yesterday, they said "Everything is fine, just wait for the appointment."

zombix

Jul 3, 2014
sophiatoronto said:
Passed the test on June 2, no news about oath yet.
I called CIC yesterday, they said "Everything is fine, just wait for the appointment."
Did they say your case was finalized ?
I called them today and was told that they only see that I passed the test.

Indrachak25

May 1, 2014
Passed the test on June 19. Interview was quick - few questions asked and fewer documents checked.
No word as yet on the oath. Called CIC - was informed that test results uploaded into the system. Don't know how long we have to wait.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed my test with a perfect score on 24th Feb 2014. I was told the oath letter would come in 2-4 months at the most.

I got my 2nd ATIP today. My file was last updated saying 'client passed the 1st test but res concerns/issues not resolved at the time of interview. test results updated as passed on 26th May 2014. file returned to RQ queue'. File location is scarborough RQ shelf. Not sure what FOSS clearance is and if it has an expiration date but passed in July 2013. but its passed. QRC verification expiration is 26th July 2014 and criminal clearance also done expiry in July 2014. Official/grantor's decision pending and hearing status is not required. Also the Judge hearing status says not required and was last updated on 26th May 2014. Also RCMP clearance was renew till Feb 2015.

does this mean, its just question of waiting for clearances for oath scheduling and no hearing will be required? Any more info that anyone has?