+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

sophiatoronto

Jun 30, 2014
Good news!
I called CIC this afternoon,the agent told me that they had scheduled the oath on
July 17, they mailed me two days ago, but I didn't receive the letter , the information on the website hasn't been updated yet .

Wish everyone who is waiting for the oath good luck!

sophiatoronto

Jun 30, 2014
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 12, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 12, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 26, 2012.

We sent you a letter on January 27, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on May 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 20, 2014 to attend an identification appointment to have your documents and identity verified on June 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

janoo

May 16, 2014
thanks. if you do not mind let me know you do not require citizenship test
therefore they have issue two letters.

janoo

May 16, 2014
kindly list the people who are waiting for over 30 months since application..

I have noted that the file is now moving fast for any application pending

since 30 month.

wivina

Jan 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
23-07-2009
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
11-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-01-2010
Interview........
08-24-2010
Passport Req..
06-23-2010
After 3 years 7 months & 10 days here in Canada. . .I am a Canadian citizen already. . .its amazing!!!

CIC-Scarborough is the best.

SYSAS

Mar 8, 2014
Scarborough Office
Applied single on 2nd Dec
Acknowledgement Letter 04 Mar
Process starts 12 Feb
Received gone 25 April
Test letter 22 May
Test 09 June
Oath letter 27 June
oath ceremony 10 July
Best wishes for all of you.
:)
Thank You All

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Hi All,
I got Letter for Citizenship test for 30th July @ 1.30 pm
Please let me know how long does i take once you clear the test for Oath ceremoney
Reason is i m travelling india On 26 Aug and coming back on 27 September
Star Member please advise
Thanks
Abhi

zombix

Jul 3, 2014
abhi292000 said:
Hi All,
I got Letter for Citizenship test for 30th July @ 1.30 pm
Please let me know how long does i take once you clear the test for Oath ceremoney
Reason is i m travelling india On 26 Aug and coming back on 27 September
Star Member please advise
Thanks
Abhi
The wait could be between 3 weeks to 4 months.
If they are issuing RQ it takes more.
I passed my test on June 9 and still no news :(
How they do is a big mystery for me.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Have you received any updates yet? I think we are in the same page. Having the test the same day and the score uploaded the same day and the same "returned to RQ queue" and the same location in RQ shelf.

Hearing not required does not mean anything. not really mean "hearing is not required". The officer will review our RQ and then determine whether hearing is really required or not. Hopefully not. But don't know how long will the officer take to review our RQ. May long. So frustrated!!! They should have already reviewed the RQ before the test invitation!!

BalajiR said:
I passed my test with a perfect score on 24th Feb 2014. I was told the oath letter would come in 2-4 months at the most.

I got my 2nd ATIP today. My file was last updated saying 'client passed the 1st test but res concerns/issues not resolved at the time of interview. test results updated as passed on 26th May 2014. file returned to RQ queue'. File location is scarborough RQ shelf. Not sure what FOSS clearance is and if it has an expiration date but passed in July 2013. but its passed. QRC verification expiration is 26th July 2014 and criminal clearance also done expiry in July 2014. Official/grantor's decision pending and hearing status is not required. Also the Judge hearing status says not required and was last updated on 26th May 2014. Also RCMP clearance was renew till Feb 2015.

does this mean, its just question of waiting for clearances for oath scheduling and no hearing will be required? Any more info that anyone has?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same issue here too,passed my test on Jan 22nd. Got post test RQ which I responded on May 2nd. My MP got an update for me that post test RQ at scarborough has a waiting period of 12 to 18 months. So stay tight and wait if you got post test RQ.

:( .. I m trying not to focus much on Citizenship... it will give noting but frustration.

006007 said:
Have you received any updates yet? I think we are in the same page. Having the test the same day and the score uploaded the same day and the same "returned to RQ queue" and the same location in RQ shelf.

Hearing not required does not mean anything. not really mean "hearing is not required". The officer will review our RQ and then determine whether hearing is really required or not. Hopefully not. But don't know how long will the officer take to review our RQ. May long. So frustrated!!! They should have already reviewed the RQ before the test invitation!!