+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

Suzy967

Jan 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi osamaamany! The interview went very smooth, the officer was a very nice lady. She went over every document, and asked to see the originals. The interview it was 10 minutes, she asked me if I am working and where, that's all. Don't worry.

Suzy967

Jan 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news in the morning :) My e-cas was updated in this morning and I have my citizenship oath on July 1. I didn't received the letter yet, but regarding my e-cas was sent on June 13. Many thank for your support. Wish everyone to get their oath letters soon!

Suzy967

Jan 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday I received the red oath invitation letter (It is not pink) for myself :)
I have two questions:
1., I applied for my daughter also, who is minor (16 years old). I didn't received a separate invitation letter for her, and I have no instruction in my oath invitation letter regarding her oath. Do you know guys if a minor children will receive a separate invitation letter? (Her E-cas is updated, showing same day and hour like my oath.)
2., The guests who are coming to our oath ceremony should they bring any ID with them, somebody will check?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Yes you will take your daughter with you her i.d. etc.. as well and p.r. card etc..
and hopefully you will be given her oath letter as well..

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Suzy967 said:
Yesterday I received the red oath invitation letter (It is not pink) for myself :)
I have two questions:
1., I applied for my daughter also, who is minor (16 years old). I didn't received a separate invitation letter for her, and I have no instruction in my oath invitation letter regarding her oath. Do you know guys if a minor children will receive a separate invitation letter? (Her E-cas is updated, showing same day and hour like my oath.)
2., The guests who are coming to our oath ceremony should they bring any ID with them, somebody will check?
Hello SUZY, Congrats.

What is your local office ?

janoo

May 16, 2014
based on her e-cas status , my children have not received any oath letter
but they got citizenship certificate at ceremony take her all her papers
same as your if you need further clarification call cic..

as per law children automatically become canadian if any one parents become
canada citizen.

Suzy967

Jan 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I don't need further clarification. You answered now to my question, for minors they are not sending separate invitation letter. Thank you janoo.

Suzy967

Jan 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for myself and for my daughter (16 years old). So it is a family application.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Suzy967 said:
No, I don't need further clarification. You answered now to my question, for minors they are not sending separate invitation letter. Thank you janoo.
Is that so? We received separate oath invitation letters for all four of us, including our kids 10 years and 5 years old. They have updated ecas too.

wivina

Jan 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
23-07-2009
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
11-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-01-2010
Interview........
08-24-2010
Passport Req..
06-23-2010
You have to call them. This not usual. My son is a minor, 8 yrs old & still he received pink letter.

Suzy967

Jan 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. I will call them, because it is very confuse now. Some people received for their children separate invitation letter, some not...

lugion

Jun 12, 2014
Hmm. I had my test in mid May and passed 20/20. It seems like some people who took the test after me have already been invited for the oath ceremony. Am I to assume that there's something wrong with my application? Any other May test takers still waiting for oath letter?