+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

anne1234

Apr 21, 2014
Suzy967 said:
Yesterday I received the red oath invitation letter (It is not pink) for myself :)
I have two questions:
1., I applied for my daughter also, who is minor (16 years old). I didn't received a separate invitation letter for her, and I have no instruction in my oath invitation letter regarding her oath. Do you know guys if a minor children will receive a separate invitation letter? (Her E-cas is updated, showing same day and hour like my oath.)
2., The guests who are coming to our oath ceremony should they bring any ID with them, somebody will check?
1. I think you need to call them, because your daughter is already 16 yrs old. Its mandatory for 14yrs old and above to attend the oath-taking. They will definitely ask for the oath invitation before she gets inside. In my case, I received the oath invitation for my son (10yrs old), separately. :)
2. You should also ask them about the "guests" because during my interview the officer emphasized that only ONE guest per family is allowed. :)

Suzy967

Jan 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you anne. I will call CIC tomorrow. I know that for my daughter it is mandatory to attend to the oath ceremony, my only concern it is the invitation letter for her... Somebody from this forum told me that he doesn't received separate invitation letter for his children... So it is better to make a call ...

ccitizen

Jun 12, 2014
Hello,

Did anybody get oath invitation who took test on May, 6, 2014. We were told 2-3 months on the day of test though. Any response will be appreciated. Waiting sucks!

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
ccitizen said:
Hello,

Did anybody get oath invitation who took test on May, 6, 2014. We were told 2-3 months on the day of test though. Any response will be appreciated. Waiting sucks!

Hello ccitizen:

What is your timeline?

Received?
Inprocess?
test letter date?

:-X

Omido

Jun 23, 2014
I wrote the test in June 3, 2014 but I didn't get the oath letter yet
Does anyone get the oath ?
Pleaee share

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Omido said:
I wrote the test in June 3, 2014 but I didn't get the oath letter yet
Does anyone get the oath ?
Pleaee share
I passed on June 3rd. Oath is today at 1:00 PM.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Sisi2014 said:
Nice. Could you please share your experience with us later on today?

I have my oath on July 1st.
Sure.
We were scheduled for oath at 1:00 PM today and we reached STC at around 12:40 PM. Found lots of people already lined up for oath so we joined them. Oath was held in a fair sized hall having a setup of the judge's sitting arrangement and lots of chairs facing the judge. Our signed oath invitation letters, record of landing and PR cards were checked before entering the hall and our invitation letters were marked with seat numbers. Then right after entering the hall you have to throw your PR card in a small basket (just think of it...you worked so hard to get that card you're discarding now!!!), at this point of time, another set of officers checked our invitation letters, gave us maple leaf pins and showed us our seats. They also gave us a book/packet full of informative papers which we're yet to open. There were another pack of informative papers on our seats along with small Canadian flags.
Then the judge came, and we all stood up in his honour. Judge delivered a 10/15 minutes opening comment. Then we read the oath loudly(officers were actually checking if all are saying the oath properly). People who had their holy books started the oath with .."I swear" whereas we (who didn't take any holy book) started it with ...."I affirm". After the oath judge handed us our citizenship certificates one by one and we signed the oath certificate and came back to our seats. Then we sang the national anthem and the ceremony ended by a 5/8 minutes closing comment by the judge. We were also told to check the correctness of all information in our citizenship certificates and we complied.

grag2

Mar 20, 2014
Here is my timeline for my family application
Received March 17, 2014
In process March 20, 2014
Test/interview june 5, 2014 Scarborough
Oath July 16, 2014
Good luck everyone!

sophiatoronto

Jun 30, 2014
Hello,
Here is my timeline:

Citizenship App. : Sept 05 , 2011
Processing Started : April 26, 2012
First fingerprint received : July 25, 2012
Second fingerprint received : Feb 14, 2014
Test Passed : June 02, 2014 @ Scarborough
Waiting for Oath ...
Till now, the whole process is about 34 months, but it has't been done yet!

culturaltiger

Jan 16, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Its amazing how fast CIC is processing now the days. It has been over 5 months I took the test and no oath :) ...
Hi Vinaypuri, I'm just curious for your delay. Angthing special in your case e.g. lots of travel?