+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
vinaypuri said:
I think CSIC may not be required item.
In one of the forums about Writ of Mandamus someone was having problem with delayed response/clearance from CSIC, so I think that clearance from them is needed, especially if the applicant is from group of countries that are not considered very secure. ;)

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
In one of the forums about Writ of Mandamus someone was having problem with delayed response/clearance from CSIC, so I think that clearance from them is needed, especially if the applicant is from group of countries that are not considered very secure. ;)
hey Dalida, assuming no updates from your end? did you try any other follow up mechanism?

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
vinaypuri said:
hey Dalida, assuming no updates from your end? did you try any other follow up mechanism?
Nothing yet. After reading the post of Shakeel7 here and realizing that clearances have expiration date, , I am afraid that all my clearances are expired and that is way there is no development.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have citizenship test on 21st March at 1.30 PM (Scarborough). Do you have any idea, what time I have to reach the test center?

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Not more then 30 minutes before test.
Hey Vinay, so no update since you signed the consent form? I am still waiting for letter too. Been calling call center every alternate day but they just say that they can see that both wife and I have passed our tests and there are no other notes.

Except for bank statements and USA entry/exit records (they take 6 months to come), I've collected all documents related to RQ (in case I get one). So, now I am getting restless. Nothing to keep me busy with. Of course, I hope I don't get post-test RQ but I prepared for it anyway. Now, I am checking my ECAS status 5 times a day (I know it's of no use, status doesn't change during mid-day anyway) but man... this wait is killing me.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, its a bad spot to be at. I have been busy with work but going to start collecting docs. I requested my CIC physical file and CBSA. Going to work on CBP, health records, driving licenses this week. I have Amex statements from Day one which I can easily download. When I moved to Canada I transferred my American Amex into Canadian.. so it has my Canadian address and transactions since Day 1. I also have my employment letters, returns, tax assessments handy too. All filed via Turbo Tax, easy to download.

My work is keeping me engaged, I have business trip coming for a week in April for Santa Monica, California. I have a very technology intensive assignment coming up ... so have been Looking forward to it, instead of focusing on Citizenship app. I am glad I renewed my PR and it is valid until 2017, my passport and american Visa doesn't expire until 2020.

I also figured I missed declaring one day trip to Buffalo in my Citizenship app. So I am up for everything now. :) ... RQ, hearing or even Citizenship app denied. Only option is to go on a "don't give a shit" attitude : ). Will see what happens...

Chrysss said:
Hey Vinay, so no update since you signed the consent form? I am still waiting for letter too. Been calling call center every alternate day but they just say that they can see that both wife and I have passed our tests and there are no other notes.

Except for bank statements and USA entry/exit records (they take 6 months to come), I've collected all documents related to RQ (in case I get one). So, now I am getting restless. Nothing to keep me busy with. Of course, I hope I don't get post-test RQ but I prepared for it anyway. Now, I am checking my ECAS status 5 times a day (I know it's of no use, status doesn't change during mid-day anyway) but man... this wait is killing me.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that censored work below is replaced by Sh** :)

vinaypuri said:
Yeah, its a bad spot to be at. I have been busy with work but going to start collecting docs. I requested my CIC physical file and CBSA. Going to work on CBP, health records, driving licenses this week. I have Amex statements from Day one which I can easily download. When I moved to Canada I transferred my American Amex into Canadian.. so it has my Canadian address and transactions since Day 1. I also have my employment letters, returns, tax assessments handy too. All filed via Turbo Tax, easy to download.

My work is keeping me engaged, I have business trip coming for a week in April for Santa Monica, California. I have a very technology intensive assignment coming up ... so have been Looking forward to it, instead of focusing on Citizenship app. I am glad I renewed my PR and it is valid until 2017, my passport and american Visa doesn't expire until 2020.

I also figured I missed declaring one day trip to Buffalo in my Citizenship app. So I am up for everything now. :) ... RQ, hearing or even Citizenship app denied. Only option is to go on a "don't give a *censored word*" attitude : ). Will see what happens...

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submitted my CBP request as well online. Hopefully, they will get back soon.

Chrysss said:

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jabuela said:
Updating from my side No news yet.... still waiting for something.
Any update from you Jabuela?
You may want to post your timelines on this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-citizenship-timeline-table-coast-to-coast-t190813.0.html

so that they can be entered in Google docs and everyone can see how everyone is tracking.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chrysss said:

I feel you, I have been doing the same as you... check E case and the mail 3-4 times a day
the wait is killing

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There isn't much we can do... many people try MP route, Next month, I will try visiting MP office too. Did any of you guys try that?

Dalida has been waiting longer then me too, I m thinking she may be approaching the 6 Months threshold. Hey Dalida, you may be able to call CIC now for the follow up with Scarborough as 6 Months have passed.

twocats

Sep 30, 2009
An update on behalf of my friends. Application sent - September 2013, Test - March 12, Oath - March 28. No RQ.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
vinaypuri said:
There isn't much we can do... many people try MP route, Next month, I will try visiting MP office too. Did any of you guys try that?

Dalida has been waiting longer then me too, I m thinking she may be approaching the 6 Months threshold. Hey Dalida, you may be able to call CIC now for the follow up with Scarborough as 6 Months have passed.
The last info I have is from 12th of February when I was told that is going to take between 2 and 5 months. MP office didn't help at all, no answer from CIC Scarborough, no answer from ATIP. I understand that some people are suspected of working or living in the States while being permanent residents. In my case my presence here could not be in doubt as I can only fly out and into Canada /CBSA/, I do not have US Visa and have never been there. Before sending my application for citizenship I have been out of Canada for only 7 days on vacation to Cuba.

yafayu

May 8, 2011
Finally updated on e-cas

Citizenship - Scarborough office

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 2, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on February 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on March 3, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

6.You became a Canadian citizen on March 15, 2014.

The officer told me expect 2 months before I get a oath letter, but I got it within 2 weeks!!! 8 months of total processing time. CIC is getting faster. good luck everyone!