+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My filks didn't move to scarborough yet. I wrote my test at St. Claire on 24th Feb 2014. I had an RQ. Did anyone else call CIC till now? I mean the ones who wrote the test at St. Claire between 18th Feb and 27th Feb.

Chalabi

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Hi

I had my test and interview at Scarborough 19-Mar-2014, any one had the same timing , when do you think I will get my oath notification mail??

thanks

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have it within two weeks. Expect a letter before first week of April and Oath Ceremony to be in 3rd or 4th week of April.

Chalabi said:
Hi

I had my test and interview at Scarborough 19-Mar-2014, any one had the same timing , when do you think I will get my oath notification mail??

thanks

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chalabi said:
Hi

thanks
The pattern at Scarborough (or for any CIC office for that matter) is variable for each case.
In Scarb. some get the letter within 1-3 weeks after their tests. Others took longer than 3 weeks.

Individual/single applications tend to go faster than family applications.

You'll see the timeline for recently completed applications in Scarborough here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArnuR0El8SEtdEhMS0dQNEQwVXppZ3VDdWNsVlM0TXc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Chalabi

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
vinaypuri said:
You will have it within two weeks. Expect a letter before first week of April and Oath Ceremony to be in 3rd or 4th week of April.
Thanks for these info, in the test room they are writing on the board 2 to 4 weeks, and when I did my interview they told me in 6 weeks,

and I have two friends who did the test in Scarborough, one of them got the notification after 6 weeks but the other one got it in 2 weeks that is the issue there is no standard timing for the oath mail.

regards

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Scarborough office have phone number: 416-973-1072. In other forum mentioned that you can call and ask about the progress in your file.

I called so many times and left message, nobody picked and replied back to me.

Thanks.

Shakeel Azhar

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC today to check what's going on with my file since I have been waiting and waiting.... anyways the lady was sweet and nice, she told me everything look good no additional info needed so all I need to do is wait..... and wait, I am happy that at least I know now,,, NO RQ... she said it might take up to 24 months since its regular processed, but I might get my oath invite before 2015 she said... to me this is not Fun at all... anyways I will wait I have no choice.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Jubuela Call centre sees notes on on-line system which has nothing and is a good news...

what they cannot tell is what are the notes on Physical file in Scarborough and Judge's reaction to it.

In my case, call centre can't even see that Scarborough asked for my consent to get CBSA records. I have asked for CIC ATIP for physical file from Scarborough to see what the heck are they waiting for.

Jabuela said:
I called CIC today to check what's going on with my file since I have been waiting and waiting.... anyways the lady was sweet and nice, she told me everything look good no additional info needed so all I need to do is wait..... and wait, I am happy that at least I know now,,, NO RQ... she said it might take up to 24 months since its regular processed, but I might get my oath invite before 2015 she said... to me this is not Fun at all... anyways I will wait I have no choice.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Hey Jubuela Call centre sees notes on on-line system which has nothing and is a good news...

what they cannot tell is what are the notes on Physical file in Scarborough and Judge's reaction to it.

In my case, call centre can't even see that Scarborough asked for my consent to get CBSA records. I have asked for CIC ATIP for physical file from Scarborough to see what the heck are they waiting for.
Oh I see, then I should apply for ATIP.. how long it took for you to receive the info

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It takes 30 days. I ordered it 2 weeks ago, still no news. I have also ordered by CBP and CBPA records.

It seems all the new "routine" apps coming via Scarborough are getting processed within 5 months.

Jabuela said:
Oh I see, then I should apply for ATIP.. how long it took for you to receive the info

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I was waiting for Oath but today received Residence Questionnaire after Passed my test and sent NOA/T4. Bad luck.

Any advice to prepare/collect these docs mentioned in RQ or any additional docs.

Thanks.

Shakeel Azhar

shakeel7 said:
Yesterday, I received my ATIP notes, following are main details:

FOSS clearance Expiry Date : 2014/06/18
RCMP clearance Expiry Date: 2014/07/13

Event Type : Citizenship Test
Event Local Time : 2013/12/02 13:30

Type : CSIC Clearance

Type : FOSS Clearance
Staus : Passed
Type : RCMP Clearance
Type : Request Immigration Clearance
Type : Request Criminal Clearance

Type : Decision
Type : Judge's Decision
Type : Official's/Grantor's Decision
Type : Hearing

As above, FOSS and RCMP Clearances are expiring in June/July. How long it will take for CSIC clearance? As mentioned above, I won't be required Physical presence and only CJ will decide by looking on my case? CJ will look my case after CSIC clearance?

Any idea/comments please.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakeel7 said:
Hi Friends,

I was waiting for Oath but today received Residence Questionnaire after Passed my test and sent NOA/T4. Bad luck.

Any advice to prepare/collect these docs mentioned in RQ or any additional docs.

Thanks.

Shakeel Azhar
Very sorry to hear that. I am afraid of getting post-test RQ too and so I've already started preparing documents. You can read about all the documents I've collected in this thread -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t189206.0.html

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also expecting an RQ shakeel. I hav also started to collect docs too. As Chrysss mentioned below.. that is a good place to start. Do good documentation presentation, i.e. a good cover letter and clearly articulating list of docs and how they show your strong ties to Canada.

I have not read it anywhere, but I would say.. specify if you have a kid who is born in Canada, it may help.

Bottom-line is, Judge should feel confident that you have strong ties to Canada.

shakeel7 said:
Hi Friends,

Thanks.

Shakeel Azhar

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Chrysss & vinaypuri:

Thanks for you suggestions and link to collect docs. I have some questions:

1. Before family coming here in 2011, I was living in sharing with friends from May, 2009 - June, 2011. Lease was on Friend's name, no contact these days where is he. What can I provide to prove residence, I have bank statments/credit card statements on this address?

2. My Relevent period is August, 2008 - August, 2012. Daughter born in Pakistan in 2009 and son here in Canada in November, 2012. Should I submit their Birth Certicates, Immunization record and Daughter's School Record which are out of relevent period?

3. Wife also studying LINC classes for citizenship, Should I submit letter from her school which is out of relevent period?

Any suggestions please?

Shakeel Azhar

Chrysss said:
Very sorry to hear that. I am afraid of getting post-test RQ too and so I've already started preparing documents. You can read about all the documents I've collected in this thread -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t189206.0.html

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakeel7 said:
Hi Chrysss & vinaypuri:

Thanks for you suggestions and link to collect docs. I have some questions:

1. Before family coming here in 2011, I was living in sharing with friends from May, 2009 - June, 2011. Lease was on Friend's name, no contact these days where is he. What can I provide to prove residence, I have bank statments/credit card statements on this address?
- Submit bank statements and highlight rent paid during these months you stayed with friends. And/or
- You could get a letter from your friend confirming that you shared apartment with them, although lease was in their name. For example:

To whomsoever it may concern -
This is to confirm that Mr. X Y shared apartment with me at this address _______ from __date__ to __date__. During this period, Mr. X Y paid ___ rent / month.

Or
This is to confirm that I hosted Mr. X Y shared apartment with me at this address _______ from __date__ to __date__. As such NO RENT was charged for this period.

2. My Relevent period is August, 2008 - August, 2012. Daughter born in Pakistan in 2009 and son here in Canada in November, 2012. Should I submit their Birth Certicates, Immunization record and Daughter's School Record which are out of relevent period?
Submit whatever is for relevant period.

3. Wife also studying LINC classes for citizenship, Should I submit letter from her school which is out of relevent period?
yes, submit it please.