+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
I did, not sure why they asked it again.
Looks like Scarborough office issues RQ or request for some document or the other to everyone. So, I'v already started preparing for RQ now. Who interviewed you? Mine was an Asian looking CIC officer.

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First call CIC and ask why they are requesting this if you already did.

vinaypuri said:
Guys, bad news... I just got a letter from CIC asking Consent to request my history of entries directly from CBSA. Going to send it to them today.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
I did, Call center has no info.. The mail I got is from CIC Scarborough.
During your interview did the Cit Officer have any concerns about entry/reentry? Did they ask questions with regard to this?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had many trips to US.. she did not say anything.. all she said was that you will have your Oath in 2 Months. And now after two months they are asking for Consent to get info. from CBSA :(

I am thinking, I am going to 36 Month Category of Citizenship.

bangloboy said:
During your interview did the Cit Officer have any concerns about entry/reentry? Did they ask questions with regard to this?

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
I had many trips to US.. she did not say anything.. all she said was that you will have your Oath in 2 Months. And now after two months they are asking for Consent to get info. from CBSA :(

I just saw someone else in this forum with your dilemma - look under "February Test taker..." - might be a double check as you have many trips to US. Things are moving fast so nothing to worry - you only applied a year ago! :) For me it took over 20 months!

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know for sure I put all my day trips... but thinking of worst case what if they can't tally the CBSA records with my file... will they deny app or do they ask for hearing...

I am going to ask my CBSA records too.

bangloboy said:
I just saw someone else in this forum with your dilemma - look under "February Test taker..." - might be a double check as you have many trips to US. Things are moving fast so nothing to worry - you only applied a year ago! :) For me it took over 20 months!

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:

Hey Vinay,

I have a feeling that I'll be asked for more documents or get a post-test RQ as well. So, I have already started preparing for RQ. It sounds like people who get invitation for oath, get it within 2-3 weeks. But after that, it's either a request for more documents or RQ.

Here is all the paperwork that I am collecting for RQ.

1. Car Insurance documents for relevant 4 years (car insurance)
2. T4 's for relevant 4 years
3. Notice of Assessment for relevant 4 years
4. Apartment lease documents for relevant 4 years
5. Letter from employers covering relevant 4 year period
6. Health records from OHIP and MSP (BC as I lived there for 2 of these 4 years). Although I only visited doctor no more than once a year.
7. (not right away) Bank statements - I don't have them with me so I'd have to request them form my bank and I think they charge $10 per statement. So, this is going to be very expensive as both my wife and I'd have to request it. 4 years = 48 statements each. So, $960 for both of us (or less as some might be printable from bank website). So, I'll probably request them only if I do indeed get RQ. But all the documents I can get for free, I'll start collecting them right away.
8. CBSA and CBP records for entries/exits to Canada and USA.

But I don't think even if we get RQ or request for more documents (in your case, consent for CBSA entry/exit records), it would mean a 36 month long application process. I think they have speeded-up application process greatly. So, if we respond with all documents in time, they will probably process it within 3 months (maybe even sooner).

So, don't lose heart, I am confident that you'll have your Oath within next 3 months.

Reason for my confidence is this: people who are getting pre-test RQ from Scarborough office are usually getting scheduled for test within 3 months of responding to RQ.

Cheers

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Chrysss, will start working on these docs.. I hope they find everything they need from CBSA report...

Now I am wondering why do they have to take consent again and as part of background check what are the things they check?...

Chrysss said:
Hey Vinay,

I have a feeling that I'll be asked for more documents or get a post-test RQ as well. So, I have already started preparing for RQ. It sounds like people who get invitation for oath, get it within 2-3 weeks. But after that, it's either a request for more documents or RQ.

Here is all the paperwork that I am collecting for RQ.

1. Car Insurance documents for relevant 4 years (car insurance)
2. T4 's for relevant 4 years
3. Notice of Assessment for relevant 4 years
4. Apartment lease documents for relevant 4 years
5. Letter from employers covering relevant 4 year period
6. Health records from OHIP and MSP (BC as I lived there for 2 of these 4 years). Although I only visited doctor no more than once a year.
7. (not right away) Bank statements - I don't have them with me so I'd have to request them form my bank and I think they charge $10 per statement. So, this is going to be very expensive as both my wife and I'd have to request it. 4 years = 48 statements each. So, $960 for both of us (or less as some might be printable from bank website). So, I'll probably request them only if I do indeed get RQ. But all the documents I can get for free, I'll start collecting them right away.
8. CBSA and CBP records for entries/exits to Canada and USA.

But I don't think even if we get RQ or request for more documents (in your case, consent for CBSA entry/exit records), it would mean a 36 month long application process. I think they have speeded-up application process greatly. So, if we respond with all documents in time, they will probably process it within 3 months (maybe even sooner).

So, don't lose heart, I am confident that you'll have your Oath within next 3 months.

Reason for my confidence is this: people who are getting pre-test RQ from Scarborough office are usually getting scheduled for test within 3 months of responding to RQ.

Cheers

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From all other threads the sense I get is, post test documentation/RQ requests are scary .. keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

vinaypuri said:
thanks Chrysss, will start working on these docs.. I hope they find everything they need from CBSA report...

Now I am wondering why do they have to take consent again and as part of background check what are the things they check?...

vl8p

Nov 22, 2013
Chrysss said:
Guys, don't panic - by far not everyone gets a post-test RQ at Scarborough, even with many US trips. We were told at the test it takes them 3-4 weeks to send a notice but I guess +/- a couple of weeks bias is easily possible. Also, it does not make any sense for them to ask for additional documents and issue an RQ afterwards when they can do it right away.

Chrysss said:
In a parallel forum, there is a special thread for post-test RQs and there is, unfortunately, no indication of any speed-up for this category - it still remains the absolute worst case scenario :( . On the other hand, the odds of getting one are quite low these days. Good luck - I'm confident you will get your invitations soon!

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear :(. I'm still waiting too, no oath letter yet :(. Can you please give me the info how can I request report from CBSA, just want to prepare, if they will request the additional info :(

vinaypuri said:
I know for sure I put all my day trips... but thinking of worst case what if they can't tally the CBSA records with my file... will they deny app or do they ask for hearing...

I am going to ask my CBSA records too.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nara said:
Sorry to hear :(. I'm still waiting too, no oath letter yet :(. Can you please give me the info how can I request report from CBSA, just want to prepare, if they will request the additional info :(
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

I requested from above,

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Vinay I am sorry to hear that, but don't worry I guess they just want to check if you went out or in again after you applied for the citizenship. probably after this it wont take long, since you didn't receive a whole RQ request.
Keep Faith, since in CIC website they say it takes up to six months for Oath I believe it wont take longer than that for you to be a Canadian.

Good luck

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Updating from my side No news yet.... still waiting for something.