+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Sunday will be 5 months since my test, no letter for oath. No answer for the letter I sent to CIC Scarborough. No useful info from CIC at all. From the MP office was told that CIC may re examine some of the applications like mine waiting long time /in my case 34 months now/.CIC never asked me to provide any additional info or answer questions. .8 days ago filled for ATIP - No response yet. I don't understand why they feel the need to frustrate and stress us out.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
Sunday will be 5 months since my test, no letter for oath. No answer for the letter I sent to CIC Scarborough. No useful info from CIC at all. From the MP office was told that CIC may re examine some of the applications like mine waiting long time /in my case 34 months now/.CIC never asked me to provide any additional info or answer questions. .8 days ago filled for ATIP - No response yet. I don't understand why they feel the need to frustrate and stress us out.
it is a frustrating experience Dalida... I hope you get it soon.. I plan to send a letter sharp on March 22nd.. there is a phone number of Scarborough office on this thread -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/toronto-scarborough-citizenship-2012-t111621.480.html

Do you want to try calling and see if that helps.

marathon11

Jan 20, 2014
My ECAS just got updated today and my oath is scheduled for March 21st. I haven't received the actual letter yet, but am hoping to receive it early next week. I am really happy that the end is finally in sight. My whole process, from start to finish, will be just over 6 months, which I still cannot believe.

I realize that I am one of the incredibly lucky applicants to have gone through the process without many obstacles and would like to believe that CIC is finally starting to get its act together.

ECAS status:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 19, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on November 22, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 31, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on March 5, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Applied: September 14, 2013
Application Received: September 19, 2013
In Process: November 22, 2013
AOR and Book Received: December 24, 2013
Local office transfer to Scarborough: January, 2014
Test & Interview: February 26th, 2014 (citizenship officer informed me during the interview that my oath will be on March 21st)
Oath scheduled for: March 21, 2014 @ 9am

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that is amazing.. Congratulations... Cheers.

marathon11 said:
My ECAS just got updated today and my oath is scheduled for March 21st. I haven't received the actual letter yet, but am hoping to receive it early next week. I am really happy that the end is finally in sight. My whole process, from start to finish, will be just over 6 months, which I still cannot believe.

I realize that I am one of the incredibly lucky applicants to have gone through the process without many obstacles and would like to believe that CIC is finally starting to get its act together.

ECAS status:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 19, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on November 22, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 31, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on March 5, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Applied: September 14, 2013
Application Received: September 19, 2013
In Process: November 22, 2013
AOR and Book Received: December 24, 2013
Local office transfer to Scarborough: January, 2014
Test & Interview: February 26th, 2014 (citizenship officer informed me during the interview that my oath will be on March 21st)
Oath scheduled for: March 21, 2014 @ 9am

vl8p

Nov 22, 2013
Just got my oath letter for March 21st at CIC Scarborough. The eCAS is not yet updated. My timeline as a reference:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 12, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 12, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 19, 2013.

We sent you a notice on February 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Good luck everyone!

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife wrote her test on 18th Feb 2014 and her oath date is 22nd March 2014. She received her oath letter dated 10th March 2014 today.......

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow, this is amazing timeline I have seen so far, Congratulations. Cheers.

vl8p said:
Just got my oath letter for March 21st at CIC Scarborough. The eCAS is not yet updated. My timeline as a reference:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 12, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 12, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 19, 2013.

We sent you a notice on February 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Good luck everyone!

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
And finalized in 6 months only!... Wow!... I thought only Mississauga or Windsor came up with those speedy record-breaking timelines....

access

Nov 14, 2009
marathon11 said:
Congratulations !!

what supporing docs you included in your application and what is your current nationality.
looks processing also depends on

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I called CIC today and asked them to check notes on my file... I asked them if my file is waiting on any piece of information.

Lady was very polite and nice, she looked up my file.. and said nothing wrong with the file and there are no notes yet to worry about.

She said every file is reviewed by Citizenship Judge, if CJ doesn't find any issues they will invite me for Ceremony.

Can it be the case that CJ found issues and they have kept is aside for additional investigation?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, it seems like the file was not updated with the info that I passed the test. Lady asked me if I passed the test or not.

vinaypuri said:
Hi Folks,

I called CIC today and asked them to check notes on my file... I asked them if my file is waiting on any piece of information.

Lady was very polite and nice, she looked up my file.. and said nothing wrong with the file and there are no notes yet to worry about.

She said every file is reviewed by Citizenship Judge, if CJ doesn't find any issues they will invite me for Ceremony.

Can it be the case that CJ found issues and they have kept is aside for additional investigation?