+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am thinking its possible that maybe those who got oath letters fast were interviewed by whit Canadian and us who didn't get oath still waiting were interviewed by other foreigners like Asian,... I don't know I have a bad feeling now about my File, I remember my husband told me when he did his test and interview the Asian lady who interviewed him was giving RQ's and was asking too much. Now Viny was interviewed by Asian I was interviewed by Asian Guy... is it possible what I am thinking that depends on who interviewed you, you get an invite or RQ.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think that is the case because the lady which interviewed me did not say anything to me. She was very polite and positive. I don't think that is the case. I think the process is, after Immigration Officer interviews us file goes to Judge to review and Sign off. That's where they either approve it or ask for more info.

But I don't get it why they have to ask for Consent. Last night I went thro all my passport stamps, my emails and all my drive through to US border and back. I had a day trip which I did not declare in my residency calculator ... During that time, I had US Visitor I-94 and they do not stamp/issue every time when you are driving through.

I m worried it will show up in the CBSA report that they are going to get. I hope they do not make any fuss about it...

Worried :( ... Although I kept 20 days of buffer in applying Citizenship ...

Jabuela said:
I am thinking its possible that maybe those who got oath letters fast were interviewed by whit Canadian and us who didn't get oath still waiting were interviewed by other foreigners like Asian,... I don't know I have a bad feeling now about my File, I remember my husband told me when he did his test and interview the Asian lady who interviewed him was giving RQ's and was asking too much. Now Viny was interviewed by Asian I was interviewed by Asian Guy... is it possible what I am thinking that depends on who interviewed you, you get an invite or RQ.

twocats

Sep 30, 2009
Jabuela said:
... is it possible what I am thinking that depends on who interviewed you, you get an invite or RQ.
To me what you are trying to say here is racial profiling, which is unacceptable. Imagine, that one suggests that the probability of potential citizenship fraud is higher in the applications, submitted by people of your ethnicity. How would that feel?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
twocats said:
To me what you are trying to say here is racial profiling, which is unacceptable.
Of course it matters who interviews you. Some officers are more aggressive than others. Is it racial profiling? I don't know, but good luck proving it if you think it is.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twocats said:
To me what you are trying to say here is racial profiling, which is unacceptable.
Don't be so quick to judge. We don't know names of the officer, so it's possible that saying the officer was Asian is only way to distinctly identify whom you are talking about.

For example, on a bus, you see three girls. Mary (Brunette, Asian), Jane (Blonde, White) and Elizabeth (Brunette, White). They step out of the bus and you find that one of them has forgotten their phone on the bus

If you know their names, you'd call them by name. Oh Mary forgot her phone. But if you didn't know their names, you could say, oh the Asian girl forgot her phone on the bus.

Don't be so quick to judge! Jabuela is only trying to identify the officer being talked about. It's possible that this officer is more suspicious than others and hence has tendency to request more RQs than other officers. Ultimately, attitude of your individual officer also factors into what kind of notes are presented to the Citizenship Judge.

twocats

Sep 30, 2009
Jabuela said:
I am thinking its possible that maybe those who got oath letters fast were interviewed by whit Canadian and us who didn't get oath still waiting were interviewed by other foreigners like Asian,

What is that than? There is a reference to Canadian officers vs other foreigners.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you chryss for clearing up what I wanted to say, yes I used their race to identify the officers, but that doesn't mean that I am a raciest or I am being racial towards the Asian, let me ask you twocat if you didn't know a persons name and you wanted to describe that person to someone how would you do it.... educate me please. I am not here to argue about a thing but I believe I can give my opinion without disrespecting or offending anyone. plus this is exactly what I have noticed from my findings. if I am wrong then I am wrong, I am still a human and I am not perfect.

plus I totally agree with chryss the notes that are written by the officers do matter to the judge too.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, does anyone know if CIC has direct access to CBSA systems or do they have to request the docs like we do?

What I am trying to get too is, will they be able to get my records in few days or it will take same amount of time (30 days or so) like we do.

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today, I got my Oath notice letter by mail to attend the Oath on March 27 at Scarborough.

Hope all of you will get their Oath notification very soon.

Good luck to everyone!

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nice, congratulations. Enjoy.

Nara said:
Today, I got my Oath notice letter by mail to attend the Oath on March 27 at Scarborough.

Hope all of you will get their Oath notification very soon.

Good luck to everyone!

Ideal-citzn

Mar 15, 2014
Am thanking every member of this forum for their wonderful encouragement to all user. I have benefited so much from ideas of members right from the day I submitted my almighty RQ. I thought I was singled out for RQ and was wondering why? Not until after submitting my RQ that I discovered this forum. Read post and found out that I was not alone. I made up my mind for a long wait after reading post made on the topic. You helped to remove my thoughts of quick conclusion and less stress to my over busy schedule and person. You guys are great, virtually I know most contributors user name as my friends,that I call them with ease each time they make contribution or the all "hallows" oat letter arrives in their mailbox. I jubilates with each receipient. To most of us still waiting, hope is our best bet, it is gradually moving and can not stop because of us, we shall all receive ours soon. Wishing us all a very happy anticipatory waiting period.
SCARBOROUGH CENTRE
App:JUNE 2012
RQ : JUNE 2013
TEST: FEB 03 2014
OAT :

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday, I received my ATIP notes, following are main details:

FOSS clearance Expiry Date : 2014/06/18
RCMP clearance Expiry Date: 2014/07/13

Event Type : Citizenship Test
Event Local Time : 2013/12/02 13:30

Type : CSIC Clearance

Type : FOSS Clearance
Staus : Passed
Type : RCMP Clearance
Type : Request Immigration Clearance
Type : Request Criminal Clearance

Type : Decision
Type : Judge's Decision
Type : Official's/Grantor's Decision
Type : Hearing

As above, FOSS and RCMP Clearances are expiring in June/July. How long it will take for CSIC clearance? As mentioned above, I won't be required Physical presence and only CJ will decide by looking on my case? CJ will look my case after CSIC clearance?

Any idea/comments please.

shakeel7 said:
My Timeline:
=============
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 4, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 4, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 15, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on November 18, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

I appeared in Citizenship test on Dec. 02, 2013 and Passed the test but Immigration officer asked me questions regarding my stay in Canada. I explained and showed all related document but he asked me for T4/Tax Assessments. I told him that I can bring tomorrow in his office, he said that he is off tomorrow and will verify from Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) and it will take 1-month. Now, its almost 3-months and still waiting for Oath ceremony.

My MPP contacted CIC and said that:
"Your file is not being sent to a judge for a hearing, it is being sent to a judge to decide on the grant of citizenship.
This is the last step in the process once you have completed all the requirements. Assuming the judge approves the grant of citizenship, you will be scheduled for your oath and ceremony."

I also sent my T4/Tax Assessments to CIC and they forwarded to Scarborough Office last month. How long will CJ take to decide on the grant of citizenship?

Any idea?

Shakeel Azhar

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think CSIC may not be required item.

shakeel7 said:
Yesterday, I received my ATIP notes, following are main details:

FOSS clearance Expiry Date : 2014/06/18
RCMP clearance Expiry Date: 2014/07/13

Event Type : Citizenship Test
Event Local Time : 2013/12/02 13:30

Type : CSIC Clearance

Type : FOSS Clearance
Type : RCMP Clearance
Type : Request Immigration Clearance
Type : Request Criminal Clearance

Type : Decision
Type : Judge's Decision
Type : Official's/Grantor's Decision
Type : Hearing

As above, FOSS and RCMP Clearances are expiring in June/July. How long it will take for CSIC clearance? As mentioned above, I won't be required Physical presence and only CJ will decide by looking on my case? CJ will look my case after CSIC clearance?

Any idea/comments please.