Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
13 march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
IN CANADA
We are in the same boat. Can you share your timeline?
Mine is in my signature....
2nov 2017 they said we started processing your file
Then around 13 jan i got quality assurance test..
It took me more than 2 months to submit the documents..
But i wrote them a letter in advace that i need more time and they granted additional 30 days.
On 19 march i sent them my half pound file..
Till now its in process..
On 2 nov 2018 il be completing 12 months...

Dont know what to do now...
Its so irritating

gauravsaab

Aug 30, 2011
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
0786 (<<Joke :P )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 DEC 2011 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
23 JUNE 2012 (SINP)
Nomination.....
24 JULY 2012 (NOMINATED)
AOR Received.
30 JULY 2012 (APPLIED FOR PPR)
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
04 OCT 2012
Med's Done....
18 OCT 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
13 march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
IN CANADA
We sent you a notice on October 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 8, 2018 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

finally got this dm on my status...
but due to canada post strike i have not received letter

Reactions: Voltron123

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
We sent you a notice on October 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 8, 2018 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

finally got this dm on my status...
but due to canada post strike i have not received letter
hey congrats, so before your test you are able to see the DM on your online status?

Reactions: gauravsaab

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
i sent them my RQ reply on 5th Sep18 and have not receive any test invitation, i am into my 13th month of applying :(

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
After a little more than a year, today I finally became Canadian. Because of the QAE, the last 6 months was a hell for me. Collecting all these additional documents was really discouraging and unfair. I spent more than $600 for these extra docs!!! Waiting for months without any news was the most frustrating part of the process. Anyway, it's over now and I am a Canadian!

Good luck everyone. Hope you will get the good news very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: PHCA and SunnyWays

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
After a little more than a year, today I finally became Canadian. Because of the QAE, the last 6 months was a hell for me. Collecting all these additional documents was really discouraging and unfair. I spent more than $600 for these extra docs!!! Waiting for months without any news was the most frustrating part of the process. Anyway, it's now over and I am a Canadian!

Good luck everyone. Hope you will get the good news very soon.
will you be kind enough to post your timeline,
if you received QAE request after the test or anyting? how long did you wait after u sent the reply for QAE? which office was that? just a summary will greatly help anyone including me who is waiting for test invite after sending the reply for QAE, thank you

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
normally who gets these RQ and physical presence questionnaires? is it when someone changes too many addresses or when they think that a person may not have been present in canada for qualifying period?

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
will you be kind enough to post your timeline,
if you received QAE request after the test or anyting? how long did you wait after u sent the reply for QAE? which office was that? just a summary will greatly help anyone including me who is waiting for test invite after sending the reply for QAE, thank you
I received it 4 months after my application. It's Montreal office. Here is my timeline:

Application Sent: October 12, 2017
Application Received: October 16, 2017
In Process: December 4, 2017
PPQ-QA Received: February 2, 2017 (by regular mail)
PPQ-QA Sent: March 12 (to the Montreal office)
Test Invite Received: July 12, 2018 (by email)
Test Date: August 22, 2018
Call to Guarantor: Sept 20, 2018
Oat invitation: Oct 16, 2018
Ceremony: Oct 31, 2018

Reactions: SunnyWays

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
I received it 4 months after my application. It's Montreal office. Here is my timeline:

thanks for sharing your timeline. any idea why they would send it?

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
thanks for sharing your timeline. any idea why they would send it?
I have quite a bit of travel record due to my work. Additionally, I was unemployed for a few months after my graduation. To be honest, I don't know the exact reason(s). Any inconsistency in your original application may have triggered a QAE.

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
I have quite a bit of travel record due to my work. Additionally, I was unemployed for a few months after my graduation. To be honest, I don't know the exact reason(s). Any inconsistency in your original application may have triggered a QAE.
thanks for replying. i have a lot of addresses change within canada, so was worried if that can trigger it.

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017

thank you very much for your reply, it has been two months now that they received my QAE reply, hope I get test invite soon, this wait is frustrating when you don't know the timeline anymore, i am into my thirteenth month now, never called call center as everyone say that it is only a generic reply from call center agents and most of them have no clue about what is happening, :(

canadapr98

Star Member
Aug 22, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am happy to inform you that my wife has completed her oath in Edmonton last week. It took close to 1 year 1 week from start to finish of the application. Thank you everyone for your help in regards to CIT 0205 (physical presence questionnaire). Please let me know if you have any questions, I will try to answer. I wish you all the best with your application.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
After a little more than a year, today I finally became Canadian. Because of the QAE, the last 6 months was a hell for me. . . . Anyway, it's over now and I am a Canadian!
I am happy to inform you that my wife has completed her oath in Edmonton last week. It took close to 1 year 1 week from start to finish of the application. Thank you everyone for your help in regards to CIT 0205 (physical presence questionnaire).
Congratulations to both. And the reports are appreciated.

These timelines are consistent with many other routinely processed applications. Many previous reports have also indicated a timeline consistent with applications routinely processed for those who timely and appropriately respond to the PPQ-QAE CIT 0205 and included requests (so long as, of course, they are qualified and there is nothing in the application or submitted response which raises concerns or triggers other non-routine processing).

Relative to the timeline, this does NOT apply to the OTHER FORMS of requests for additional information or documentation. Those who receive a full blown RQ (CIT 0171), or even the RQ-lite (CIT 0520), SHOULD ANTICIPATE significantly longer timelines, ranging from a few months to, perhaps, much longer, depending on the particular procedure involved AND especially depending on the particular facts in the individual's case.

Leading to additional comments about the three different procedures involving requests for additional information: see next post.